• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Sweet Smoke

Crazy8

So I am a virgin cigar smoker but I have to say, at least right now, I love sweet flavors. years ago I remember smelling chocolate in the air from a cigar. What recommendations would you fine folks have for a noob cigar smoker who loves those sweet flavors? Once suggestion I got from a coworker is Acid brand cigars.

Acid Kuba Kuba or blondies. Ambrosia spice, I personally used to smoke these from time to time when I started. DO NOT MIX THESE WITH NON FLAVORED CIGARS IN A HUMIDOR OR STORAGE.

Happy smoking!

If you haven't already, post in the introduction thread area.

C

Thank you very much for the fast reply. Also, I did already do the introduction. :)

Good Information from Ceasar there, I forgot to mention that.   If you have flavored smokes, DO NOT mix with your normal stuff.   So you might want to get 2 tupperware containers and Boveda bags to start out.

Thank you guys for your input. I have a list I have compiled of "noob friendly" cigars for me to try and I am looking forward to enjoying every one of them.

For what it's worth, when I started out I used to like macanudo gold label, Hoyo de Monterrey Rothschilds, Hoyo de tradicion, Cochiba red dot toro, search is your friend, there are many lists and posts that have discussed good beginner cigars. Personally, I consider many of these smokes along with flavored cigars to be training wheels. Many no longer smoke these but may every once in a while be in the mood for something mild.

C

I had a pretty good experience with a DE Java cigar a while back.  I've been meaning to get another one or two, but just haven't.  My only complaint about it is that I think the Toro size was a bit too much.  Something a bit of a shorter smoke would have been the perfect combination with all the cocoa flavor.  I did a write up on it some time ago in the review forum.

I'm on kind of a mild kick right now.  I don't really smoke infused cigars, but I personally like the Macanudo Hyde Park, Puros Indios Reserva Maxima '02/'03 and Devil's Weed, as far as everyday smokes go.  I reach for a Padron 2000, Churchill or Panetela in the mornings if I'm up early.  

"Sweetened tobacco" usually is a cover up for an inferior product.

I would start with mild Dominican Republic cigars and move up as your taste improves.

JMHO

If you want "flavored" sweet, then you've got plenty of suggestions. If you want a regular cigar that has a sweeter taste but isn't flavored, then I've always found Sumatra wrappers and most Maduro's to have a sweet flavor. I don't care for it really, so I avoid those smokes. But you make like them. I've seen some people say Cameroon is sweet, but it never came across that way to me. As always, YMMV.

-John

JHolmes763 said:
If you want "flavored" sweet, then you've got plenty of suggestions. If you want a regular cigar that has a sweeter taste but isn't flavored, then I've always found Sumatra wrappers and most Maduro's to have a sweet flavor. I don't care for it really, so I avoid those smokes. But you make like them. I've seen some people say Cameroon is sweet, but it never came across that way to me. As always, YMMV.

-John
The only Cameroon cigar I've had that I ever considered sweet is the Cuesta Rey Stanfords Pyramid No. 9

CMontoya79 said:
Acid Kuba Kuba or blondies. Ambrosia spice, I personally used to smoke these from time to time when I started. DO NOT MIX THESE WITH NON FLAVORED CIGARS IN A HUMIDOR OR STORAGE.

Happy smoking!

If you haven't already, post in the introduction thread area.

C
Hello, i just want to ask if mixing with other cigars will affect each other's tastes? newbie here. thanks 

Short answer, yes.  If  you store infused cigars with "traditional" cigars, the regular cigars will pick up some of the "flavoring".  I would have to imagine that different types of infused cigars will intermix with each others' flavor profiles, as well.

Keep infused cigars stored separately.  

You could designate a flavored/infused cigar humidor/storage, and then keep different flavored cigars seperated by zip lock/bags. I would not recommend mixing infused/flavored with non infused/flavored.

C

Bsneed51 said:

-John
The only Cameroon cigar I've had that I ever considered sweet is the Cuesta Rey Stanfords Pyramid No. 9
I would classify some aged Don Carlos smaller ring gauges as "sweeter cameroons"