• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Swisher Sweet buys Drew Estate

A healthy skepticism is always healthy, imo. I can imagine as the two cultures start to mingle, the will be a certain amount of "Clash".
A true perfectionist is never understood, nor is he appreciated by 99% of his associates. That, of course, is my experience.
I think, ultimately, if Drew is really, and I mean 1000% in charge keeping the brand quality up, then you have the possibility maintaining or actually
getting better with current lines, and exciting new releases. 

There is a reason Fuente and Padron are who and what they are. Passion and no compromise.

This Pappy smoke better be commensurate, and complementary with, the Bourbon. If it turns out to be another gimicky, forgettable cigar, then I would predict that their future is fucked if they consequently don't wake up. I have faith in JD. I just hope he doesn't turn out to be a voice crying in the wilderness.

This stick, according to various articles, is not flavored. It is intended to compliment their bourbon. 13 bux a stick for robusto, not bad, unless it's a yard gar.

I grabbed the dirty rats because I happened to see the post here at CP.

I've never been willing to jump thru the hoops and pay the price for Pappy or other exotic whiskeys or cigars. I might well pay the price if readily available, but spending time and energy to track it down just doesn't seem worth all the efforts and hoops to jump through.

Something about "chasing" special releases, of cigars, whiskey or whatever just isn't my thing.

There are plenty of really nice whiskey and cigars out there to have.I guess I am not a "chaser"

emoshun said:
Agreed, it's taking one of the most sought after and hard to find names in the whisky game and putting it on a mass produced flavored cigars.

Better cigars than jello shots.

Too many damn infused cigars, anyway. :)

tomthirtysix said:
Agreed, it's taking one of the most sought after and hard to find names in the whisky game and putting it on a mass produced flavored cigars.

Better cigars than jello shots.
Stupid, but I kind respect that they're making fun of "the hunt" on stuff like this.