• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tabacalera Perdomo Inventory Blowout!

ggiese said:
indyrob said:
I think I just wasted an hour of my life reading this thread. 8 pages of nothing.

Gas up the block is $2.31/gal. Gas down the block is $2.36/gal.

I go where it's cheaper. Don't you? I tell everyone where it's cheaper, that way they get more for thier money. I don't need to point out where it's more expensive, that only causes that involuntary reaction to go see for yourself.

Case in point:

Guy- "Dude...this smels like crap."
Other guy takes a wiff.
Other guy- "Whoa...your totally right! It does smell like crap!"

Elvis has left the building, hopefully taken this thread with him.
[snapback]242368[/snapback]​

And I've found the best way to keep from reading the whole 8 pages of a thread is to click on the "BACK" button of my browser - and look down the list of new posts for the next interesting topic. Saves a lot of headaches from reading 8 pages of something I don't want to read. Kinda like turning on the World Series games - watching all four - while the whole time you're bitching about hating the White Sox and Houston...
[snapback]242433[/snapback]​

GG...I'm not really trying to bust your balls, but you missed the point I was making.

It doesn't have to be the price of gas, it can be pot, acid, cigars, tampons, it can be anything. I end up paying whatever it is the price is. If I don't like the price, I look somewhere else. I think that it must be some superpower I got when I walked through the jungle of Central America, because it doesn't seem that anyone else has that ability, atleast the 8 pages of ranting has left me to think that.

indyrob said:
GG...I'm not really trying to bust your balls, but you missed the point I was making.

It doesn't have to be the price of gas, it can be pot, acid, cigars, tampons, it can be anything. I end up paying whatever it is the price is. If I don't like the price, I look somewhere else. I think that it must be some superpower I got when I walked through the jungle of Central America, because it doesn't seem that anyone else has that ability, atleast the 8 pages of ranting has left me to think that.
[snapback]242491[/snapback]​

Didn't people get in trouble for gouging gas? :sign:

Indy your missing the point of the post. It was to warn people from paying 30 for an $8 cigar. If you don't say something at some point, when will the gouging end?

KayakinBoy said:
indyrob said:

Indy your missing the point of the post. It was to warn people from paying 30 for an $8 cigar. If you don't say something at some point, when will the gouging end?
[snapback]242508[/snapback]​

The first time I got burned, it stuck in my head that fire is hot.
The first time I got gouged, it stuck in my head that I can find better prices.

How many of us started off our online experience w/ Thompsons? They gouge, you pay, then you stumble across a better deal. Thats what the experience is all about. Learning hurts sometimes.

If it wasn't for the gougers, how would ya learn?

indyrob said:

How many of us started off our online experience w/ Thompsons? They gouge, you pay, then you stumble across a better deal. Thats what the experience is all about. Learning hurts sometimes.

[snapback]242515[/snapback]​

I've never ordered from Thompson's (although I'm on there mailing list! :angry: ) When you first joined here, you were searching the interet to learn about cigars right? Well, did you know what the MSRP on opus was before that? ;)

Yeah I spent 60 bones @ cigar.com and I just wanted to keep some other guy from making that mistake. TWCigars offers good prices, and thus, would probably give a newbie a jaded view on what would be and they might think that those opus prices were fair.

indyrob said:
KayakinBoy said:
indyrob said:

[snapback]242508[/snapback]​

[snapback]242515[/snapback]​

Ok - I've got a great idea for you... Rather than having a FIRST time of being gouged, how about some person who's not known to you, but a stand up guy, post some information in a cigar forum about someone who is charging an incredibly ridiculous price for a cigar. That way if you happen to read that forum, you say to yourself, "Thank God that guy posted that information - I was about to be gouged!!!" and then save that extra dough and buy more cigars as MSRP!!!

Or - post up a question "what do you think about this guys prices?" I think you'd agree that because of your exposure to this site, you've become a wiser cigar shopper. And you've got to credit the person on this site who says to you - "I think their prices are a bit out of line..." - not say they're some kind of nut for posting that on this site....

I rather like it that way...

Seems to me to be a no-brainer, but I've been around for a while and I trust some of the members here pointing out things to me. I know that TW's Opus prices are way out of line, so I'd steer clear of them. But then again, it wasn't that long ago I would have jumped on the opportunity to get an Opus at ANY price - but now I think I must have been some kind of chump for thinking that way...

I've come to learn on this (and other boards) that all you got to do is have a little patience. There are plenty of cigars to go around, even though it may not appear so. And all you have to do is be patient, and you'll get the cigar for a reasonable price... We all laugh at eBay, CigarBid, etc. - with some of the incredibly obnoxious prices - but people are paying it. Don't you just sometimes want to call the idiot up who's shelling out all the cash and say, "WTF are you thinking???"

indyrob said:
I go where it's cheaper. Don't you? I tell everyone where it's cheaper, that way they get more for thier money. I don't need to point out where it's more expensive, that only causes that involuntary reaction to go see for yourself.

[snapback]242368[/snapback]​

I think the quote could be expressed to include cigars, but that would be a stretch...

Now if we could get rid of the gougers, mosquitos, fire ants and sharks, the world would be a better place.