• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tabacalera Perdomo Inventory Blowout!

SeanGAR said:
SamClemmons said:
I'll try to use less complex sentences in the future.

Proper punctuation would be a start :laugh: .

This horse is dead.
[snapback]240400[/snapback]​
I look forward to viewing your display of plumage.
(Love the sigtag)
NA

Nice to know I'm not doing my job as an admin.

While you may disagree with our style here, we allow our members to voice their opinion and not have to worry about moderators pulling their post or editing it.
Every forum has their own style, if you don't like CP's style, then move along. I believe in creating an open platform for people to discuss cigars.

Unlike some admins, I don't suffer from power struggles. I didn't create the site so I can "boss" everyone around. If you expect me to get involved in every little problem here, then you haven't grown up yet. This is an adult-orientated forum, and as such, act like one and defend yourself. If you cross the line and start flaming someone, then I step in. However, I think the respected membership here does a good job at policing their site.

CP is the ONLY true community where members watch out for one another. I say this from experience.

Regards,
Rod

Rod said:
Nice to know I'm not doing my job as an admin.

While you may disagree with our style here, we allow our members to voice their opinion and not have to worry about moderators pulling their post or editing it.
Every forum has their own style, if you don't like CP's style, then move along. I believe in creating an open platform for people to discuss cigars.

Unlike some admins, I don't suffer from power struggles. I didn't create the site so I can "boss" everyone around. If you expect me to get involved in every little problem here, then you haven't grown up yet. This is an adult-orientated forum, and as such, act like one and defend yourself. If you cross the line and start flaming someone, then I step in. However, I think the respected membership here does a good job at policing their site.

CP is the ONLY true community where members watch out for one another. I say this from experience.

Regards,
Rod
[snapback]240424[/snapback]​

This is EXACTLY why I like this board... ;)

Thanks, Rob!!!

Hey, Sean and Pat...

If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.

- SUN TZU ON THE ART OF WAR

If you know anything about Moki at all - you should know that arguing Fuente product marketing with him is as pointless as fighting a fire with a pool cue... :laugh: (Sorry, Neal... It was too good to pass up... :whistling: )

RPB67 said:
Howver he did have a good deal on the Padron 40s at $25.00. I guess thats why there are so many vendors out there.

Actually finding those at MSRP $25, is cake. There is one online retailer that was selling those for $20 a piece that some member on here kindly posted about in the last week or so.

Another example of why it is better to sit back and read posts and not get all caught up in the rush.

Again, not that I am one to emulate. But the advice of the FOGs here is good.

ggiese said:
If you know anything about Moki at all - you should know that arguing Fuente product marketing with him is as pointless as fighting a fire with a pool cue... :laugh: (Sorry, Neal... It was too good to pass up... :whistling: )
[snapback]240492[/snapback]​

Confucious say... when autumn wind blows, the giese are flying south.

moki said:
ggiese said:

Confucious say... when autumn wind blows, the giese are flying south.
[snapback]240511[/snapback]​

I WISH!!! :sign:

grand cru no 2 said:
Hey George, you coming to TX for the winter? :p
[snapback]240548[/snapback]​

I wish... :angry2:

(I do like San Antonio....)

ggiese said:
Hey, Sean and Pat...

I was done here but since you directed this post (at least partially) at me I'll respond.

I haven't had the opportunity to meet Moki, but I have drooled over his website on rare Fuentes on many an occassion. I have read his posts in the past and realize that he has a lot more knowledge of Fuentes and their products than ... well .... anybody whose last name isn't Fuente.

But YOU might note that Moki agrees with me on this point: if TW's basis was much higher than what Fuente sells to vendors for, then that is a different kettle of fish than if TW is just tripling the markup everybody else has. That was my point. I'm glad to see that Moki agrees. I also argued with Moki about the meaning of Pedantic. If you look down below you'd realize that I threw in the towel on that one.

OK, I've finally read through the whole of this thread. Why? I've never smoked an Opus, Anejo, PAM, PAN, or VSG and thought that it might just be time to try some.

You see, 3 or 4 years ago, when I started smoking cigars, I couldn't afford the premiums and stuck with the cheaper Padrons and Fuentes. 2 years ago, I had my first ISOM (VR Unicos) and since then, haven't really smoked non-cubans. My international assignment is just about over and one of the more enjoyable activities I partake in is to visit the local cigar shop for some good conversation and a smoke.

So now, I'm ready to smoke one of these much talked about sticks because I want to support the local shops here in Tucson instead of just buying my sticks from my online suppliers. Before doing so, I came on this board to look at the threads regarding proper pricing of FFOX and other premiums (thanks 3M) so that I can properly evaluate who in town I should give my business to and not feed the gougers. Fortunately, it seems the stores here are selling very close to msrp.

I for one, am very grateful to posts like Kayak's on this topic. As a newbie, it's nice to be warned about bad pricing. I don't see a problem with his post informing newbies about the questionable pricing practices of twcigars. Who cares if he's never shopped with them before. The fact is, their price is outrageous, sean and nooner agree on this, so I don't get why they are bashing KB for his warning. So what if he does this on more than one board. All newbies should be warned. Why? Because those that go there for the "special" Tabacalera prices might think that his FFOX prices are in line and end up getting raped.

Strayvector said:
I for one, am very grateful to posts like Kayak's on this topic. As a newbie, it's nice to be warned about bad pricing. I don't see a problem with his post informing newbies about the questionable pricing practices of twcigars. Who cares if he's never shopped with them before. The fact is, their price is outrageous, sean and nooner agree on this, so I don't get why they are bashing KB for his warning. So what if he does this on more than one board. All newbies should be warned. Why? Because those that go there for the "special" Tabacalera prices might think that his FFOX prices are in line and end up getting raped.
[snapback]240687[/snapback]​

Several points I'd like to make in my last comments on this.

I do not bash kayakinboy, I point out that he has no evidence that TW is gouging. I'm sure his intentions are honorable.

Yes their prices are way over MSRP. Yes, if they are a Fuente authorized retailer and get them from Fuente, they are gouging. But the Casa Fuente store in Vegas sells Opus X over MSRP too. Are they gouging? Most people including me say no, the prices are excellent for Vegas, they have very high operating costs because of their location, and in addition the Fuente profits go to their charity.

I have 2 issues with his posts. He says TW is gouging ... yet he will not provide a web site they can be purchased for cheaper (not for me personally, I don't want Opus at list, but for the people he is supposed to be helping out here). How is his post useful to cigar smokers, other than the truly naive. I don't see how it is. If he said perhaps "PM for a location with better prices" then yes, his post can be of use to others and I would never have gotten on his case. The "I'm not sharing sources with you" attitude is understandable, but not combined with a gouging declaration. This sort of post is spurrious and of no help to the noobs it is supposed to be helping.

Back to Casa Fuente. They have higher than MSRP prices because of their unique situation. My point is simple: can kayakinboy show me the price basis of TW so we can see what their % markup is? If TW is an authorized retailer then we know their basis and they ARE gouging. I AM NOT SUPPORTING TW HERE .... I AM POINTING OUT YOU SHOULD HAVE CLEAR EVIDENCE OF GOUGING BEFORE CRYING FOUL. However, if they are not an authorized retailer and buy Opus from a secondary source (at MSRP + tax + shipping + ?), it is possible that their % markup is the same as, lower then, or only slightly more than somebody like Tampa Sweethearts, which appears to sell on MSRP and usually has some of the better Fuentes in stock.

Since kayakinboy has not shown conclusively that TW is gouging, because he hasn't shown me TW's basis, his cry of gouging is foul. Now Moki made a good point, using one of their replies to a comment I made over on CS, that it appears they ARE authorized Fuente retailers. If in fact they are, I owe kayakinboy an apology and I would be the first to put my hand up and say so. However, I do not see the evidence as B&W as Moki did. If they are on te list of authorized retailers (perhaps somebody with connections can straighten that out), then I am clearly wrong here ... they are gouging. But I'd like to see that proven before shadowposts appear all over the place as they have.

I reserve my "last comments" in case I need to officially apologize to kayakinboy in the event it is clear TW IS an authorized retailer.

SeanGAR said:
...Tampa Sweethearts, which appears to sell on MSRP and usually has some of the better Fuentes in stock. ...

Shhhh.... ;)

Now THAT was a helpful post!

SeanGAR said:
Strayvector said:
I for one, am very grateful to posts like Kayak's on this topic.  As a newbie, it's nice to be warned about bad pricing.  I don't see a problem with his post informing newbies about the questionable pricing practices of twcigars.  Who cares if he's never shopped with them before.  The fact is, their price is outrageous, sean and nooner agree on this, so I don't get why they are bashing KB for his warning.  So what if he does this on more than one board.  All newbies should be warned.  Why?  Because those that go there for the "special" Tabacalera prices might think that his FFOX prices are in line and end up getting raped.
[snapback]240687[/snapback]​

Several points I'd like to make in my last comments on this.

I do not bash kayakinboy, I point out that he has no evidence that TW is gouging. I'm sure his intentions are honorable.

Yes their prices are way over MSRP. Yes, if they are a Fuente authorized retailer and get them from Fuente, they are gouging. But the Casa Fuente store in Vegas sells Opus X over MSRP too. Are they gouging? Most people including me say no, the prices are excellent for Vegas, they have very high operating costs because of their location, and in addition the Fuente profits go to their charity.

I have 2 issues with his posts. He says TW is gouging ... yet he will not provide a web site they can be purchased for cheaper (not for me personally, I don't want Opus at list, but for the people he is supposed to be helping out here). How is his post useful to cigar smokers, other than the truly naive. I don't see how it is. If he said perhaps "PM for a location with better prices" then yes, his post can be of use to others and I would never have gotten on his case. The "I'm not sharing sources with you" attitude is understandable, but not combined with a gouging declaration. This sort of post is spurrious and of no help to the noobs it is supposed to be helping.

Back to Casa Fuente. They have higher than MSRP prices because of their unique situation. My point is simple: can kayakinboy show me the price basis of TW so we can see what their % markup is? If TW is an authorized retailer then we know their basis and they ARE gouging. I AM NOT SUPPORTING TW HERE .... I AM POINTING OUT YOU SHOULD HAVE CLEAR EVIDENCE OF GOUGING BEFORE CRYING FOUL. However, if they are not an authorized retailer and buy Opus from a secondary source (at MSRP + tax + shipping + ?), it is possible that their % markup is the same as, lower then, or only slightly more than somebody like Tampa Sweethearts, which appears to sell on MSRP and usually has some of the better Fuentes in stock.

Since kayakinboy has not shown conclusively that TW is gouging, because he hasn't shown me TW's basis, his cry of gouging is foul. Now Moki made a good point, using one of their replies to a comment I made over on CS, that it appears they ARE authorized Fuente retailers. If in fact they are, I owe kayakinboy an apology and I would be the first to put my hand up and say so. However, I do not see the evidence as B&W as Moki did. If they are on te list of authorized retailers (perhaps somebody with connections can straighten that out), then I am clearly wrong here ... they are gouging. But I'd like to see that proven before shadowposts appear all over the place as they have.

I reserve my "last comments" in case I need to officially apologize to kayakinboy in the event it is clear TW IS an authorized retailer.
[snapback]240696[/snapback]​
Nice tapdance, lessons? Those people are gougers plain and simple and your Gregory Hines routine isn't going to change that whether they are an authorized dealer or not. Surely you aren't so gullible as to believe otherwise. I have to congratulate you though. Before now I would have thought that putting 10 pounds of bull$hit in a 1 pound post was impossible. World class sean. Congratulations.
You may want to consider the value of your own posts before judging the merit of someone elses. I just can't figure out why you would think anyone would care what you think.
If TW is purchasing these Opus after market then they are contributing to the problem of gougers across the board. Maarit insinuated in her post that they could charge msrp if they wanted and further that they would consider a price correction if certain criteria were met. That's gouging pal. Save the rhetoric.

NA

SamClemmons said:
You may want to consider the value of your own posts before judging the merit of someone elses. I just can't figure out why you would think anyone would care what you think.

I don't give a rats ass what anybody thinks.

Insinuation ain't proof.

Next....

SeanGAR said:
SamClemmons said:

I don't give a rats ass what anybody thinks.

Insinuation ain't proof.

Next....
[snapback]240773[/snapback]​
What a relief. No hard feelings then.

Maarits own words are proof.

NA