• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Take the Good with the Bad

audilicious

Well I received a lovely package today from PuffnStuff, thanks Al and Stefan!!! you guys seriously kick ass, and hopefully I'll find myself in Georgia for some reason and stop by.

Wednesday I stopped by a local store to see what they have, hadn't been by in months. The place used to be cigarettes in the front and cigars in the spacious back humidor. Well that was before it was bought out by some sort of middle eastern fellas who have pretty much stacked the place with pipes, bongs, "oil" burners etc etc and are trying to double/triple their possible profit margin on cigars. I noticed on a back shelf the Davidoff no.2 tubos, there were 3 and only $9. I opened one, it looked lovely, grabbed it and went to the register. The owner first asked for my ID, then saw the $9 on top of the $19 price sticker and asked where I found it. Pointed, he walked back there and looked over the other 2 and then proceeded to sell the the 1.

Smoked it last night, it was absolutely heavenly.

Stopped by same store to get the last 2. Walked in after having to get by the same owner with my ID yet again, guess they get watched like hawks when you're selling crack pipes in a boring ass conservative town. He follows me back to the shelf and I grab the tubes, he asks if I want anything else, I say no, then proceeds to take the sticks from me rather quickly and heads for the register. Kinda weird but didn't really think of it as there were already 3 crackheads all waiting at the front to buy cheapo menthols and 2 of the 3 bought "incense oil" burners... whatever gets them through their day, they're already dead anyway.

Well I get home and lay out my score.

115_1548.jpg

I was planning on smoking one of the Davi's until I opened one of the tubes and found this staring at me!

115_1549.jpg

totally disgusted and now knowing why the owner of the b&m was curious about me buying the first one and checked the other 2, not for price but to make sure he wouldn't be having to explain himself when I came back with a beetle ravaged stick. And why he hurried me out of the store today when I purchased the last 2.

115_1551.jpg

115_1555.jpg

115_1553.jpg

It's really not worth the $20 for me to go back and argue with the guy that's really not going to care, or will probably accuse me of trying to switch out bad sticks for his good ones. Everything in the store is way overpriced and there's nothing to write home about, so I have written them off completely and if anyone asks for a reco, they will only get pointed to trusted local b&m's run by loyal BOTL/SOTL's.

Glad I didn't just throw the tubes in the cabinet and forget about them.

And as I type this the Guapo's arrived!! thank you mr. miranda!!! these look tasty!!!

115_1558.jpg

Well, you've stumbled upon my absolute numbero uno pet peeve with B&Ms. The dude who walks into the humidor with you. F..k that. Watch me on your little camera if you want, I understand why, but do not f'n stand next to me and follow me from shelf to shelf.

The worst is when they act like they're trying to 'help' you, and fill you with complete garbage info on whatever you're looking at. ASSHATS.

Let us know how the Davidoffs are, even with the bullet holes.

these are already trashed, they're not smokeable, one of them was almost like someone took a sander to the wrapper it was soo light and flaky literally was disintegrating in my hands. And both of them were filled like someone was trying to smuggle black sand back from hawaii when, beetle shit overload, didn't feel like sticking either in my mouth.

Sadly, the same thing is happening to the B&M near where I work. Their shelves are nearly empty, stocked with mostly mediocre sticks. They had AVOs, but I purchased most of them, and of the sticks they do have, I don't care for. Keep in mind, this was the place where I used to buy full boxes of Anejos, and now they can't even seem to get any decent Fuente or Davidoff stick. The owner keeps promising that he will get some LFD, but all I saw were NC Sancho Panza and NC Monte Whites. What a drastic change from 9 months ago.

i guess i should feel lucky with my hole in the wall b&m then....the owner runs it and he was a Vietnam vet...Since i'm in the Marines he's really cool with me and we smoke and exchange war stories (his are much better than mine)...i'm just gonna keep using him till he pisses me off....

The worst is when they act like they're trying to 'help' you, and fill you with complete garbage info on whatever you're looking at. ASSHATS.
That is one pet peeve of mine as well.

There was a shop in East Greenwich, RI that employed total greenhorns as the "bag and tally" attendants in their humidor. One poor kid probably had never smoked more than a couple of cigars in his life...and probably didn't like it much either.

If your going to sick an attendant on me, at least make sure she has ample cleavage.

Wilkey

Back