• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

talking about sources..why not ?

My guess is that this guy has a burr under his saddle for advertising here, or some such idiocy, and chose to air it in this way.

Regardless, I think he has been shown some very good logic by some qualified people!

how is it that just talking about sources is taboo yet cp has a page full of sources...

http://www.cigarpass.com/online_retailers.shtml

click on any of these and they all guarantee delivery to the "land of the free"

is not incongruent with this veiled notion that talking about sources is somehow "dangerous"
when, heck - just looking at the top of my page now a banner streams about some guy named "lou" who guarantees delviery worldwide...

with all the discussion about "letters" and "fines" - wouldnt we say it is also potentially irresponsible of CP to have these links...

obviously the honus lies on yourself...if ya cannot afford to pay the fine - dont do the proverbial crime...
but at the same time, if CP is going to have these sources listed - what is the harm in allowing for the free exchange and dialogue...

i mean heck CP lists these as their "reputable retailers" so why not open it up for us to talk about...

BF

What a philosopher............

If anyone has a question that has baffled many of the great minds for ages, please ask now. I believe we have finally found someone who has the answers :cool:

how is it that just talking about sources is taboo yet cp has a page full of sources...

is not incongruent with this veiled notion that talking about sources is somehow "dangerous"
when, heck - just looking at the top of my page now a banner streams about some guy named "lou" who guarantees delviery worldwide...

with all the discussion about "letters" and "fines" - wouldnt we say it is also potentially irresponsible of CP to have these links...

obviously the honus lies on yourself...if ya cannot afford to pay the fine - dont do the proverbial crime...
but at the same time, if CP is going to have these sources listed - what is the harm in allowing for the free exchange and dialogue...

i mean heck CP lists these as their "reputable retailers" so why not open it up for us to talk about...

BF

If anyone has a question that has baffled many of the great minds for ages, please ask now. I believe we have finally found someone who has the answers :cool:

If I say I am gonna do something in the middle of the woods will my wife hear me?

BF

If I say I am gonna do something in the middle of the woods will my wife hear me?

Answer: She will not have to hear you, she will know. (if she is anything like my lovely wife she will know all)

I have a question and it has been plaguing me for years..

I know who invented the inverted firkin.
But I have no idea what one is.
Can you help me with this?

mcrsagefir.jpg

The inverted firkin

Here is specimen of the non-inverted variety

mcrsmfir.jpg

Doc.

You didn't ask but firkins are used to make sauerkraut. I don't know if they are used for anything else though. My Grandfather had about half a dozen of them going most years.

I have a question and it has been plaguing me for years..

I know who invented the inverted firkin.
But I have no idea what one is.
Can you help me with this?

You didn't ask but firkins are used to make sauerkraut. I don't know if they are used for anything else though. My Grandfather had about half a dozen of them going most years.
Wikipedia says a Firkin is a unit of measurement. For ale/beer, it's one-fourth of a barrel (8-9 gallons). For wine it's around 84 gallons.

So your grandfather was making quarter barrels of sauerkraut. :)

---John Holmes...

You are driving during a rain storm to meet some friends for dinner. You find a parking spot 100 meters from the resturant. You forgot your umbrella. What would be the optimum speed to walk or run to ensure that you get the least wet? Please provide a proof :thumbs:

They certainly weren't that big, maybe 3-4 gallons I would guess. Maybe they were half furkins if there is such a thing but he called them firkins Certainly not a quarter of the size of the barrels he had for pickles which were full size 50 gallons or so.

Wikipedia says a Firkin is a unit of measurement. For ale/beer, it's one-fourth of a barrel (8-9 gallons). For wine it's around 84 gallons.

So your grandfather was making quarter barrels of sauerkraut. :)

---John Holmes...

They certainly weren't that big, maybe 3-4 gallons I would guess. Maybe they were half furkins if there is such a thing but he called them firkins Certainly not a quarter of the size of the barrels he had for pickles which were full size 50 gallons or so.
Well, since it's different for ale, beer and wine, we can just go ahead and assume it's different for sauerkraut, too. :)

You are driving during a rain storm to meet some friends for dinner. You find a parking spot 100 meters from the resturant. You forgot your umbrella. What would be the optimum speed to walk or run to ensure that you get the least wet? Please provide a proof :thumbs:

I live in the Pacific Northwest... At this point, we don't care, just get into the damn Starbuck's already!!!!

LMAO!

Walking will get you the least wet at any speed. Running on a wet surface is just plain dumb, you are guaranteed to slip in a puddle. :sign:

Brian

LMAO!

Walking will get you the least wet at any speed. Running on a wet surface is just plain dumb, you are guaranteed to slip in a puddle. :sign:

Brian

Just like the Wallaby's will when they play the All Blacks in the final. :thumbs:

Just like the Wallaby's will when they play the All Blacks in the final. :thumbs:

Hell yeah! Go Blacks!!!

??? Rugby ??? Sorry, couldn't resist...sounded like good sports shit-talkin' going on there, but I'm not sure. There might actually be some small marsupials slipping in puddles on the way to dinner.

GO YANKS!

I would have the wife drop me off at the front door.

Because if it wasn't a rule, we wouldn't get to enjoy these posts every 3-4 months.