• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

tall tales pass

gws3

1000 post club member
ok well i got the box it was in great shape.
did my puts and takes and the box is on it's way to hazelwood mo.
conf# 03021790000142479779
ins# va731409942us
puts:
cohiba red dot
la vieja habana x2
puros indios nacionales x2
puros indios viejo
connie 73 mad.

takes:
#32 macbeth
punch roth
#56 cuba aladios
#44 fighting cock (hey it had a cool looking band)
indian tabac cameroon

there's still plenty of great smokes in there.
this could have been a reverse ratio pass and there would still be plenty of gars.
can't remeber where i was headed in my tall tale but i can't wait to here the upcoming stories.
thanks for letting me play.
glenn

Well, wasn't *THAT* just a bit of excitement!

Glad the pass is back on the road again. Looks like we lost some stories -- hopefully, they'll show up, eventually.

Woke up Saturday morning to the tune of my better half reminding me of the many honey-dos that awaited me. Rolled out of bed, showered, ate and lit the first of the day, a nice Don Diego Robuto, as I sipped the last of my Bolivian Dark Roast on the patio. It was 10am when I finally got going and lit up my second for the day, a Partagas Black Label Magnifico. Now where is that list? Oh, hardware store, nursery, and mom's house to check up on her. Completed all of my chores and returned home to settle in for the NCAA game, Mizzou and Marquette. Checked the mail box and saw that the postman had tried to deliver a package that needed a signature. The package was from someone named "Smith". Hmmmmmm! Don't recall a Smith that I'm corresponding with currently. Oh well, I'll have the wife pick it up on Monday. Lit up the 3rd for the day, a Diamond Crown #2, and watched the game. Mizzou lost. Bummer of a weekend. Monday got up went to work and came home (short and sweet, huh!?) Wouldn't you know it, the wife forgot to pick of the package at the PO. Who is this Smith person? Anyway, stopped by the PO on Tuesday and picked up the package. Quite large, looks like a cigar pass package...don't remember being in a pass currently. Oh, well..it doesn't look dangerous. Hopped in the van to take the package home. On the way, I saw two gorgeous chicks thumbing a ride. Stopped to give them a lift. They hopped in and I drove off. No later than 30 seconds after they got in, they pulled a Mission Impossible face change. After pulling off their disguises, they had that Iraqi Saddamish look. I knew I was in trouble. They searched the van for weapons (futile, as I do not own a weapon of destruction). When they could not find anything, they eyed the box I had just picked up at the PO. Without so much as a Howdy Do, they tore open the box and saw the multitude of wonderful smokes put there by the previous passers. Their interests were zeroed in on the isoms and other premium stogies therein. Needless to say, they helped themselves to the best. Luckily, they did not have the time to look at them all before they ordered me to stop the van. They quickly hopped out (with cigars in hand) and I just as quickly sped off, noticing in my rear view mirror the duo putting on their disguises again. With my nerves rattled, I finally made it home. Took the box to my office to see what damage had occured. The box appears to be well worn but still serviceable. I carefully inspected the cigars and found that almost all were in excellent shape. My inventory of the box determined that the hijackers had taken the following cigars:
Bolivar Churchill
Cohiba Robusto
Partagas Perfecto
CAO Odyssey
GPECC
La Aroma de Cuba Double Corona
Cohiba Dominican
Montecristo 5x40
Jose Marti Robusto
La Flor de Maria Mancini
La Luna Fuerte Natural
Jose Piedra Nacionales
Bahia Gold Churchill
Rafael Gonsalez Petite Corona
Macanudo Dude of Devon Maduro
CAO Lancero Extreme
Perdomo Reserve #4 Rosado
La Vieja Habana
Pruos Indios Viejo

Being the low-down, scum sucking, rat ass-licking people that they were, they threw in the following suspect cigars:
Bock y Ca Churchill Oscuro
Te Amo Double Perfecto Maduro
La Fontana Vintage Churchill
Mi Favorita Rosado (2)
Cuesta Rey Pyramid #9
Onyx 852 Maduro
Mayorga High Octane Toro Maduro
GCC Torpedo
Indian Tabac Chief
Bel Mondo Churchill Natural
Victor Sinclair Churchill
Espinosa Churchill
Cuesta Rey Centenario #60 Maduro
Sherpa Presidente Maduro
Sherpa Churchill Maduro
St. Charles by Torano Robusto Maduro
Soleares Petite (2)
Big Butt Gordito Maduro (2)
Bolivar Robusto
Perdomo "The Cigar" Churchill Maduro
Napa Reserve by Don Diego Churchill
Bad Frog Corona
Helix Robusto Maduro

After seeing their puts, I felt that the box was somehow not in the same shape as I received it, and even though I had no part in the above, I felt that it was my responsibility to make the box whole again. Having felt that, I put in the following additional cigars:
Montecristo Double Corona
H Upmann #2
Arturo Fuente Hemingway Signature (5-2000)
Perodmo2 Descartes Maduro
Perdomo2 Descartes Cameroon
Diamond Crown #2
Macanudo Prince Philip Robust (5-2000)
CAO Trois Diamants Magnum Maduro
Partagas Black Label Magnifico

This whole ordeal has left me shaking quite violently. So much so that my insurance agent has told me that if it continues, he will have to cancel my earthquake insurance. Go figure. Oh well, I needed to reduce my cigar inventory anyway, just wish I had the opportunity to try some to those premium cigars that the Sadammish hijackers took....Gee I never had some of those...

Anyway, I have repackaged the box and I will be heading out to the PO this afternoon to post it. The confirmation number is:

0103 8555 7491 4940 5174

Mark Reinhold should have the box in his hands by Friday or Saturday.

Mark when you get this package be sure to check behind the bushes for more of these Saddamish looking Iraqi henchmen. And please don't pick up any good looking chicks thumbing a ride. That is all. Out.

Mark H

;)

The pass is back, and so am I, broken ankle and all.

So I got to come up with a tall tale by friday. Ok, I can try.... looking at the river...what was that...

mhelfe19 said:
hijackers had taken the following cigars:
Bolivar Churchill
Cohiba Robusto
Partagas Perfecto
CAO Odyssey
GPECC
La Aroma de Cuba Double Corona
Cohiba Dominican
Montecristo 5x40
Jose Marti Robusto
La Flor de Maria Mancini
La Luna Fuerte Natural
Jose Piedra Nacionales
Bahia Gold Churchill
Rafael Gonsalez Petite Corona
Macanudo Dude of Devon Maduro
CAO Lancero Extreme
Perdomo Reserve #4 Rosado
La Vieja Habana
Pruos Indios Viejo
Why, those stinking little towel-heads! Of course, this means WAR

<Head scratch> Oh, wait... :lookup:

Dag-nabbit!

Being the low-down, scum sucking, rat ass-licking people that they were, they threw in the following suspect cigars:
Bock y Ca Churchill Oscuro
Te Amo Double Perfecto Maduro
La Fontana Vintage Churchill
Mi Favorita Rosado (2)
Cuesta Rey Pyramid #9
Onyx 852 Maduro
Mayorga High Octane Toro Maduro
GCC Torpedo
Indian Tabac Chief
Bel Mondo Churchill Natural
Victor Sinclair Churchill
Espinosa Churchill
Cuesta Rey Centenario #60 Maduro
Sherpa Presidente Maduro
Sherpa Churchill Maduro
St. Charles by Torano Robusto Maduro
Soleares Petite (2)
Big Butt Gordito Maduro (2)
Bolivar Robusto
Perdomo "The Cigar" Churchill Maduro
Napa Reserve by Don Diego Churchill
Bad Frog Corona
Helix Robusto Maduro

Ok, that does it -- I'm enlisting in the Marines, TODAY!

After seeing their puts, I felt that the box was somehow not in the same shape as I received it [...and] I put in the following additional cigars:
Montecristo Double Corona
H Upmann #2
Arturo Fuente Hemingway Signature (5-2000)
Perodmo2 Descartes Maduro
Perdomo2 Descartes Cameroon
Diamond Crown #2
Macanudo Prince Philip Robust (5-2000)
CAO Trois Diamants Magnum Maduro
Partagas Black Label Magnifico

Now that's damned white of you, Mr. 19! Would be that all Americans were willing to make such a sacrifice for their country...

Seriously, though -- that was a mighty big exchange. I'm not familiar with many of your puts, were there some ISOMs in there? The general rule is "ISOM for ISOM, Super for Super"

Not that I'm going to bitch about it -- the REAL rule is "take what you like, put something else that you like; have fun; try to make the box better for the next guy." Mostly I'm just curious. Then again, I don't know half the ones you took, either -- could be a real deal... :)

aw shucks he used me in the story :D
and hey if you ever need to lower your inventory check out smith's clearing house! ;)

great story!!

How do I quote here.

Isom for Isom? and this is from Mr. Newbie?

Ok, I might do that if you are nice. I can garunteeee that they will be all old. Hell, I had a stroke and I smoke a lot slower. I am sure you will love the 97 Papayos that I will give you. Even the 96 Jr Famous.

Then again you know where I live....

No problem, see you soon...\

(planting claymores around the house now)

To whom it may Concern:

Mark B. Reinhold is having a problem walking. This has something to do with breaking his ankle.

But the cigars have landed, and his fingers still work. Of course the mind is not working, but that stopped a long time ago.

TTFN

Mark, are you writing the tall tale of two cities over there? :D

:sign: :sign: Here it is:

The fish that got away

So here I was out fishing in the Sacramento River just up from the San Francisco bay. Dawn had just broke, and to remember fishing trips past, I was enjoying a Punch Punch and coffee; thinking I should be at Socorro Island.

So I bait my hook with a nice pretty anchovy. Over you go, I said and let go down about 69 ft. And I start drifting away. Usually I don't put any bait on the hook, since I am here to smoke, drink coffee, and contemplate my navel, not catch fish.

But today I was suppose to put fish on the barbee so I had to put bait on. As I am drifting away I saw a ripple on the other side of the river. Wondering about it, I angle the boat over that way so we can drift to the other side.

About 1/2 way across I had finished the Punch Punch and tossed it over the side. The cigar and I slowly drifted away. When it was about 8 ft away, I saw the ripple coming right at it. As I kept looking the ripple got closer and closer, then it sucked the cigar right down. The ripple disappeared. As I keep looking the cigar never came back up. I thought that was strange but so is life.

Salmon seems to be not around this morning. I have no idea why. They were here yesterday, but not today. So I pull out lunch, and eat. I am thinking, "God this is great today out here. Probably time for a nap." So I look through the cigars and a pick a nice little RJ petit corona. I light it up, and think what a wonderful day out here. 80, no wind, sunny just great. I was watching the river drifting by, and smoking away. When the cigar is gone I once again toss it over, and lean back ready to take a little nap.

Once again I a ripple but this time it is not so small. Almost 6 inches and coming fast. I am wondering what the hell? Once again, it sucks the cigar down, and the cigar never comes back up. Now I am really wondering what is going on. Is this some new California Agency against smoking and littering? Now I drift off to never land having minor little anti-cigar nightmares...

I finally wake up having had these really strange dreams of cigars and fish. I was wondering if I was just smoking cigars. I sure don't remember anything else in them. I am now smoking a Monte 2, wondering about the other cigars, what happened to the salmon, and why is there Air.

As I finished the Monte 2 and tossed it over. It was sucked instantly! I looked at the whirlpool and thought, "What the Fu**". As I sat there and thought, I reeled in my line. The anchovy was fine. So I sat there and thought. I finally said, what the heck. I took Mr. Anchovy off the hook, and put a Partagus 2 on the hook and tossed it back in the water.

I dropped it down to 50 feet again and waited. As I waited I lit up a Luci thinking we will get to the bottom of this. I got the cigar lit, had in my mouth, thinking this is a wonderful cigar, and waiting.

BAM!!!! HOOK UP!!!!

Something had taken the Partagus and was running with it. My reel was running, the drags on it were screaming. 200 yards of line out, I am thinking this is the Mother of all Salmon. But I had clamped down with my teeth on the Luci and was ready puffing away. Another 200 yards are out; I am thinking what am I going to due if I run out of line. I have only 100 yards left, and it is just spooling away. I am thinking - this salmon will stop by then I am sure.

50, 25 yards, the reel is whining away, 10, 5, snap I lost the pole. I stand up watching my bass stick and reel go down the river. I am thinking that this fishing trip has turned into a nightmare. I have lost my fishing pole and reel. I will have to stop at the market and buy some fish.

As I was going across the river to the boat landing I see the wave once again coming at me. This time it is a foot high. I stopped the motor and sit there staring at the wave. Why is it so big now? The tide is coming in. The wave gets to me and looks like it just stops. I stand up in the boat looking around the boat wondering. What the hell will happen now?

BAM!!!

Up spy hops Humphrey the whale. I am looking at him thinking jeez it has been ten years since you got lost up here in the delta. Why are you here now? He is staring at me. His eyes look like he is not happy but then again what do I know what whale eyes look like.

As I keep looking at him, I see the Partagus sticking out of his mouth. Then something really bizarre happens. The whale starts talking out his blowhole. He says, "Light this stupid cigar PLEASE".

So I get my blazer out, and light it. Humphrey says THANKS and takes off toward San Francisco Bay. I go home thinking, what do you know; our crazy whale here in San Francisco likes Cuban cigars. Cool

Puts and Takes

I take all the cigars

I put none in. Ted is running out of room and this will help him out. And will save me postage.

Usually I don't put any bait on the hook, since I am here to smoke, drink coffee, and contemplate my navel, not catch fish.

I too was contemplating my navel just the other day. All this lent, what shall I do? :sign:

markr said:
Puts and Takes

I take all the cigars

I put none in. Ted is running out of room and this will help him out. And will save me postage.
Well, thank you Mark! Great story, too. Damn, I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner -- Mrs. Misc is always griping about cigars all over the damned house, I should-a just had a PASS! Duh! (Of course, it's key to put Mark at the end -- if you plan it wrong, you might end up with as many cigars as you started with, or maybe even more.)

This is sheer genius! I'm going to go start another pass, right away, and see if I can't free up a cooler in time for Summer. As soon as I get it set up, I'll tell you guys all about it.

Thanks, Mark! I owe you one...

:sign: Look at the date that I posted :sign:

An April fools Joke that works. But since you didn't bother to look yesterday ....

markr said:
:sign: Look at the date that I posted :sign:
Oh, I saw it, I just posted my reply a day late :p

Besides, me & Humphry know where you live :love:

The pass is ALMOST over. We're just...

...waiting...

...for...

...the...

...box...

...to...

...come...

...home :p

We could probably file it away but, since we lost all those good stories in the crash, why doesn't everyone take another stab at telling us something interesting that happened this weekend. You should lie, of course -- everyone knows that cigar smokers lead boring lives! :D

Sure, Right when the infamous Steve Saka comes to San Francisco, I am trying to hook the VCR so my wife can tape Survivor. I stand up, step on stupid Dog Bone, (Big Dog, so big bone), and break my right ankle, and it is in a cast.

So in the Infinite wisdom of the world, what does mean. It is a real mother of nightmare for me to drive and Misc is thinking "Mark you could have driven down the coast in less time then it is taking you to get to the post office."

:love: Tough!!! You don't want them anyway.

((anyway, I have promised ted I will walk a mile to the post office tomorrow. Probably a 3 hour crawl, but I made a promis