• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tang Commission H. Upmanns

lucasbuck

Sheriff Buck
I was gifted a Corona and know nothing about it. Any info will be greatly appreciated. TIA :)

as I heard the story, david tang is the licensed distributor for habanos covering asia and canada. in the early 2000's he apparantly commissioned some cigars from Upmann - #2, corona, and monarch - to be made with bands and in a special presentation, SLB. Though opinions vary, some aficionados swear the special commissioned cigars are richer and tastier than the regular production versions.

ucmba said:
as I heard the story, david tang is the licensed distributor for habanos covering asia and canada. in the early 2000's he apparantly commissioned some cigars from Upmann - #2, corona, and monarch - to be made with bands and in a special presentation, SLB. Though opinions vary, some aficionados swear the special commissioned cigars are richer and tastier than the regular production versions.
Thanks Ron! Go straight to the source, that's what I always say :D

Nice gift, Sheriff Buck!

Indeed. From a most generous BOTL :)

lucasbuck said:
lucasbuck said:
Thanks Ron! Go straight to the source, that's what I always say :D
pleasure! the coronas in particular look gorgeous and all seem to have lighter (my preference) wrappers than the average Upmanns...by circumstance or design?

So does anybody know how many boxes were made?

ucmba said:
lucasbuck said:
lucasbuck said:
Thanks Ron!  Go straight to the source, that's what I always say :D
pleasure! the coronas in particular look gorgeous and all seem to have lighter (my preference) wrappers than the average Upmanns...by circumstance or design?
WOW, now there's a country unheard from here at CP :0

Thanks for checking in on us here at CP Ron :thumbs: :thumbs:

I'm no afficionado but IMO, the Tang commisioned Monarchs and No.2's are far superior to the regular prduction. The Coronas are very tasty too. I've never had a regular production Corona so I don't have a point of comparison. You're in for a treat Craig!! Now go and smoke it. :thumbs:

SMOKOZUNA said:
I'm no afficionado but IMO, the Tang commisioned Monarchs and No.2's are far superior to the regular prduction. The Coronas are very tasty too. I've never had a regular production Corona so I don't have a point of comparison. You're in for a treat Craig!! Now go and smoke it. :thumbs:
they are crap, don't listen to smokozuna. he's lying. just move along, nothing to see here.