• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tattoo's

Has anyone ever try a temporary tattoo cover up in natural skin tone? I'm going to Japan and would like to enjoy the onsen, but they are kinda strict on their no tattoo policy.

After I read this comment, I went looking for some more pics and found these two:
382224_10200219450184517_688004273_n_zps5eahrzxn.jpg

I'd really like a sleeve, just not sure what I'd get. I have ideas and would try to incorporate some family things into a sleeve. Looks great, but what do you do for work? Do you have to wear long sleeves to cover it up?

Very nice! Thanks.

Well, I have a few photos. The picture used on my Avatar is one of my sketches. I never took photos of my art. Been made fun of a lot over that. I just never cared. I just did the work for the works sake.

Here is the first painting I ever did. Not a good photoView attachment 16513 at all, but am grateful a friend sent it to me. Won first place, was Purchased and entered into the purchasers permanent collection.

Man, that's really nice! Do you still paint?

Has anyone ever try a temporary tattoo cover up in natural skin tone? I'm going to Japan and would like to enjoy the onsen, but they are kinda strict on their no tattoo policy.
I knew a girl that had a large tattoo that needed to be covered when she did stage shows. Not sure what it was but did a good job.

I'd really like a sleeve, just not sure what I'd get. I have ideas and would try to incorporate some family things into a sleeve. Looks great, but what do you do for work? Do you have to wear long sleeves to cover it up?

I'm a network administrator and work in NYC which from my experience is very open about these kinds of things. I've never had anybody say anything negative to me about my tattoos. It's actually the other way around, I get a lot of compliments about them. I work with short sleeves all of the time and I keep getting more tattoos. I'm slowly getting my other sleeve done. Sometimes I even wear this hat to work :D .. I know, the hat is kind of silly but I find it funny and a lot of people do ask me if I actually have a "real job."
1093785_10201234684884750_314191656_o_zps0dnvvjvo.jpg

I'd sooner have sex with a working girl than get a tattoo. I've spent a good part of my Navy career talking sailors and Marines out of getting one, but the sobs get drunk and don't know any better. I've seen some awful things. You wouldn't get one if you'd seen what I've seen. An amateur with an autoclave is just that, an amateur.

Doc

As they say, Doc, a good tattoo is not cheap and a cheap tattoo is not good. Speaking for myself, all designs I've gotten have been mulled over for weeks/months and have meaning to me. I'm not the type to walk into a shop, pick a design off the walk and plunk down my cash.

But, as I like to say, different strokes for different blokes.

I'd sooner have sex with a working girl than get a tattoo. I've spent a good part of my Navy career talking sailors and Marines out of getting one, but the sobs get drunk and don't know any better. I've seen some awful things. You wouldn't get one if you'd seen what I've seen. An amateur with an autoclave is just that, an amateur.

Doc

I come from a very conservative family and I'm the only person with tattoos. When I turned 18 I went and got my first tattoo done and my grandmother didn't speak to me for almost 2 months while living under the same roof. For as long as I can remember, I have been obsessed with tattoos. As a kid (7 or 8 years old) I used to draw them on my skin with a marker.

As they say, Doc, a good tattoo is not cheap and a cheap tattoo is not good. Speaking for myself, all designs I've gotten have been mulled over for weeks/months and have meaning to me. I'm not the type to walk into a shop, pick a design off the walk and plunk down my cash.

But, as I like to say, different strokes for different blokes.

I can attest to the not cheap part, my artist charges $200 an hour and he has won many awards in NYC and other parts of the country and world.

I can attest to the not cheap part, my artist charges $200 an hour and he has won many awards in NYC and other parts of the country and world.

That's pretty much what my artist charges as well. It took me well over 18 months just to get the consult with her. And a good two years prior to that just figuring out what artist I wanted to work with. I waited until I was in my forties before I got my half-sleeve done. Had I gotten a tattoo at the age of 18, I'm sure I would be regretting it now.

My nephew is a world class tattoo artist in Brooklyn, NY. His uncle is sans any markings, LOL.

I'm in the same boat as Doc, pun intended. Been around the world and most tattoo's military folks get are because they were drunk.

What's the meaning, if you don't mind me asking?

The circus ring master girl has a lot of elements of my ultra running story, as does the elephant. For a few years I traveled the country a "sponsored" athlete running Tough Mudders. I was picked up by MetRX after finishing a 24 hr race, running for 17 hrs with a couple of broken ribs. The electric eel she is holding represents a particulay ob`stable I really got to hate. A group of us would run the course multiple times on Saturday and Sunday. You can only get shocked so many times before something really bad happens. The elephant is my link to Thailand. It's holding a broken rib. The German eagle cog is part of my heritage and I had it finished right after the World Cup. And not in the photo is a image representing my interest in all thing H.P. Lovecraft. There is a bunch more stuff in there, but those are some of the basic things in the piece.

The circus ring master girl has a lot of elements of my ultra running story, as does the elephant. For a few years I traveled the country a "sponsored" athlete running Tough Mudders. I was picked up by MetRX after finishing a 24 hr race, running for 17 hrs with a couple of broken ribs. The electric eel she is holding represents a particulay ob`stable I really got to hate. A group of us would run the course multiple times on Saturday and Sunday. You can only get shocked so many times before something really bad happens. The elephant is my link to Thailand. It's holding a broken rib. The German eagle cog is part of my heritage and I had it finished right after the World Cup. And not in the photo is a image representing my interest in all thing H.P. Lovecraft. There is a bunch more stuff in there, but those are some of the basic things in the piece.

Great stories! I enjoy hearing the meanings behind tattoos.

For years I've said, "If I ever get a tattoo it's going to be Marvin the Martian on my butt shooting his ray-gun at Uranus." Well this year for my 52nd birthday my wife called my bluff and set me up with an artist to have my ass permanently marked. But that's not the purpose of this post. What happened just prior to the act of tattooing is what I thought you all would appreciate.
I walk into the shop and fill out the requisite paperwork releasing the artist and his shop from anything and everything that could go wrong, including screwing up the tattoo. I'm not particularly nervous about the pain. but I am thinking to myself, "This is going to be permanent." The artist has me stand in a normal position while he gets the tattoo outline positioned correctly. Marvin the Martian on my left hip/butt with his helmet just above my pant line and the "Uranus" sign right at the top of my crack. I check it out in a mirror and my first thought is, "Male tramp stamp." But I'm committed. I'm a man of my word. I'm...a lifelong smartass and this is an exclamation point that nobody except my wife, Doctor, massage therapist and mortician will see. As I lay down on the table/chair that's made for an average human (I'm 6'5") I realize the next hour and a half are not going to be that comfortable. About this same time the very eclectic playlist, broadcasting everything from rap to country too loudly, starts to play the happiest, almost nursery rhyme-ish type song that had me literally laughing out loud. The song is what this post is about. Enjoy.

For years I've said, "If I ever get a tattoo it's going to be Marvin the Martian on my butt shooting his ray-gun at Uranus." Well this year for my 52nd birthday my wife called my bluff and set me up with an artist to have my ass permanently marked. But that's not the purpose of this post. What happened just prior to the act of tattooing is what I thought you all would appreciate.
I walk into the shop and fill out the requisite paperwork releasing the artist and his shop from anything and everything that could go wrong, including screwing up the tattoo. I'm not particularly nervous about the pain. but I am thinking to myself, "This is going to be permanent." The artist has me stand in a normal position while he gets the tattoo outline positioned correctly. Marvin the Martian on my left hip/butt with his helmet just above my pant line and the "Uranus" sign right at the top of my crack. I check it out in a mirror and my first thought is, "Male tramp stamp." But I'm committed. I'm a man of my word. I'm...a lifelong smartass and this is an exclamation point that nobody except my wife, Doctor, massage therapist and mortician will see. As I lay down on the table/chair that's made for an average human (I'm 6'5") I realize the next hour and a half are not going to be that comfortable. About this same time the very eclectic playlist, broadcasting everything from rap to country too loudly, starts to play the happiest, almost nursery rhyme-ish type song that had me literally laughing out loud. The song is what this post is about. Enjoy.

I fucking LOVE Stephen Lynch, and Lion is a great, different-than-the-norm album. The live version of Queer Tattoo is great, and Courtney Jaye has such a great counterpoint voice for this music.

"Sir, that's a cool tattoo..." :D