• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje Black Jar

Cira

Does anyone know how well the Tat Black Jar holds humidity? It comes with a 68% packet and a little sponge cage under the lid. The rubber seal seems ok. I wouldn't chance it but I have almost no room in the humidor but I just couldn't pass up a can of black. Anyone been storing in the can? How's it working?

And before you ask, no you can't store them for me :)

The one I have holds to much humidity, like around 80% when I tried to use the puck that came with it. I took that out and tried a Boveda pack, and it was still to high. If you don't have room in your humi, leave them wrapped in the foil, and put them in a sealed tupperware with a boveda pack or some beads.

Cira, you can certainly send it to me and I will take extra special care of it...... :)

Don

I store mine in the jar. I don't use the little humidifier it came with, just the boveda pack. It does hold higher than I would prefer, it has been steady at 73-74% since I got it (I would like it to be ideally 70%). The thought of mold does worry me so I open up the aluminum and check every 3-4 weeks for any sign of mold and so far so good.

I haven't tampered with any of them since they were purchased. I store mine in their jars which are kept in a closet and not contained in any humidor or cooler. I use the small humidifier it came with and I check the humidity about once or twice a month. It has been holding steady between 63% and 67% rH since they were purchased. Without having to do anything, the units as purchased, work perfectly.

mine is in my humidor and I have never even cracked the seal.....I will be watching thsi auction closely if it goes through teh roof I will probably post mine on ebay, recoup my initial investment and then any profit will go to Al's (Puffnstuff) charity of choice, as I no longer support the Tat brand name. and these are the very last of that brand in my humi.

mine is in my humidor and I have never even cracked the seal.....I will be watching thsi auction closely if it goes through teh roof I will probably post mine on ebay, recoup my initial investment and then any profit will go to Al's (Puffnstuff) charity of choice, as I no longer support the Tat brand name. and these are the very last of that brand in my humi.

Umm.... What?

What's your issue with Tatuaje? Is it a personal preference or have you had some poor dealings with the brand? Just curious as I really enjoy the Tat brand and have a jar of Blacks on the way.

Umm.... What?

What's your issue with Tatuaje? Is it a personal preference or have you had some poor dealings with the brand? Just curious as I really enjoy the Tat brand and have a jar of Blacks on the way.

Whether this is what Seavita is referencing or not, here is some bedtime reading:

http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/index.php?...t=0&start=0

I personally don't support Tatuaje either, and think Pete is a self-indulgent snob. He sucks at Public Relations, and although he's "training for UFC," he can't seem to work on the reflexes that bite his tongue.

But then again, that's old news, because Al and Petey have made nice since then.

http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/index.php?...c=47598&hl=

Pete (Tatuaje) and I were able to work through all of our troubles and get everything straight. We had a great conversation and both admitted we were a little hard headed. Both of us agreed that now is not the time for dissension in out troubled industry and that it's a time for us younger guys in the industry to come together. We also talked about doing an Ultra small batch cigar to show our unity. Maybe a 100 cigar production with a contest attached to get them out to you guys. I'll keep you posted on that one.

Al

Have fun reading... :whistling:

, and although he's "training for UFC," he can't seem to work on the reflexes that bite his tongue.

I don't think he's training for the UFC. I think he is actually training someone for the UFC. His cousin, or brother-in-law perhaps? I can't remember exactly.

Umm.... What?

Whether this is what Seavita is referencing or not, here is some bedtime reading:

http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/index.php?...t=0&start=0

I personally don't support Tatuaje either, and think Pete is a self-indulgent snob. He sucks at Public Relations, and although he's "training for UFC," he can't seem to work on the reflexes that bite his tongue.

But then again, that's old news, because Al and Petey have made nice since then.

http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/index.php?...c=47598&hl=

Pete (Tatuaje) and I were able to work through all of our troubles and get everything straight. We had a great conversation and both admitted we were a little hard headed. Both of us agreed that now is not the time for dissension in out troubled industry and that it's a time for us younger guys in the industry to come together. We also talked about doing an Ultra small batch cigar to show our unity. Maybe a 100 cigar production with a contest attached to get them out to you guys. I'll keep you posted on that one.

Al

Have fun reading... :whistling:

, and although he's "training for UFC," he can't seem to work on the reflexes that bite his tongue.

I don't think he's training for the UFC. I think he is actually training someone for the UFC. His cousin, or brother-in-law perhaps? I can't remember exactly.

That, and I don't think I really agree with some ot the content in your post Jonathan. Not really necessary, as Rod has stated on numerous ocassions that the bold above need not be brought into this forum any longer. I think he said something along the lines of........"Don't like Pete Johnson, or Tatuaje. Then don't buy." But, to quit posting derogatory remarks about him, or trashing other peoples threads with him in the subject matter.
Besides, who here has not gotten into an argument with a spouse, or someone else at some point, and said or done some stupid crap they wish they could take back. :blush:

[/quote]

That, and I don't think I really agree with some ot the content in your post Jonathan. Not really necessary, as Rod has stated on numerous ocassions that the bold above need not be brought into this forum any longer. I think he said something along the lines of........"Don't like Pete Johnson, or Tatuaje. Then don't buy." But, to quit posting derogatory remarks about him, or trashing other peoples threads with him in the subject matter.
Besides, who here has not gotten into an argument with a spouse, or someone else at some point, and said or done some stupid crap they wish they could take back. :blush:
[/quote]

Im glad we have some grown ups here at CP :thumbs:

fixed your tag - B

Im glad we have some grown ups here at CP :thumbs:

Got something to add to the debate, add it. I think everyone here was being pretty grown up about this. If you want to fling a juvenile insult like this one, throw it full on. Say something like, Jon, I think you need to grow up. When I read your post, first thing came to mind was "Big DICK" (sorry Brandon)

This is EXACTLY the mechanism we use to police the community. I don't like Pete either. Prior to he and Al making good, I refused to buy Tats same as I refuse to buy Cuban cigars. I vote with my dollars, and it'll be a cold day in HELL when I send a nickle to a communist Cuban bastard. Now that Al is on good terms with Tat, its off my black list. Hell, I'm smoking a Tat Black right now. Damned nice cigar, but overpriced I think. I probably wouldn't piss on Pete if he was burning.

So, is Jon over the top? For some, obviously. For me, no. Will jfields still have a smoke and a beer with souldoggy? Hell yeah. Will Paul marry Marsha? Tune in next week.

edit to add: I'm supporting Illusione now too. If I was to be near Dion, I'd insist he be patted down for sharp objects, but he makes a dandy cigar.

So, is Jon over the top? For some, obviously. For me, no. Will jfields still have a smoke and a beer with souldoggy? Hell yeah. Will Paul marry Marsha? Tune in next week.

Hell yeah! Just because I don't agree, doesn't mean I think any less of Jon. Nor would I be any less interested in sitting down and sharing a smoke with the man because he's an asshole. :sign: :laugh:

Back to the question in the topic, My jar hold steady ay 68% with a 69% boveda pack in it.

Seth

I ended up inviting some friends over and smoking some space in the wine-idor and just put the jar in there with the lid off.