• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje Black Tubos

I heard the tubes are made from mercury. Can anyone confirm this?

Tom,

If I knew you in person, I think I would laugh and shake my head twice as much as I do just from reading your posts. :laugh:

Tom,

If I knew you in person, I think I would laugh and shake my head twice as much as I do just from reading your posts.
laugh.gif

Make sure he washes them first!

No, no... the tubes are made from lead and filled with mercury when the cigar is placed in. The mercury blocks out the air and helps the cigars age faster.

Don't forget the included disclaimer... Due to possible adverse health effects of toxic materials used in the packaging of these cigars, it is advisable to remove the cigars from all packaging materials at least 24 months prior to smoking.

I've actually heard the tubes are dipped in a radioactive liquid that protects the oils in the cigar as it ages. May also cause your hair and teeth to fall out as you smoke the sticks though. Small price to pay for a super rare limited stogie!

As badly as I want a box of these, I'm not willing to get burned again like I did with the Drac.

I called two B&M's in my area which carry Tatuaje and asked when they thought these would be in....I basically got silence on the phone. They never heard of them...WHAT!?!?!

Just a little help is all I ask...

As badly as I want a box of these, I'm not willing to get burned again like I did with the Drac.

Make sure you wear gloves when handling the tubos and you should be fine.

356778.jpg

Standing by :laugh:

But seriously, my local B&M announced that they'll be getting the Black and Verocru and they're playing precisely the same game they did with the Drac. I want absolutely no part of it.

I second the above statement about the games involved with these cigars.Dont get me wrong I enjoy the Tats very much but the marketing {wich is pure genius on Petes end}is becoming a little foolish to say the least...With pete modeling his line after CC's and with his price point he pushed me towards ISOM smokes which are for the most part less expensive and better imo.I took the money I had stashed for Dracs and Boris and got a box of RASS and a box of BBFs and neither smelled like paint!So thanks Pete for pushing me into trying the forbidden fruit...I dont think Im gonna look back.

I second the above statement about the games involved with these cigars.Dont get me wrong I enjoy the Tats very much but the marketing {wich is pure genius on Petes end}is becoming a little foolish to say the least...With pete modeling his line after CC's and with his price point he pushed me towards ISOM smokes which are for the most part less expensive and better imo.I took the money I had stashed for Dracs and Boris and got a box of RASS and a box of BBFs and neither smelled like paint!So thanks Pete for pushing me into trying the forbidden fruit...I dont think Im gonna look back.

GREAT purchase!

I'm wrapping up my first trip to the states since January, so of course hitting a good B&M was high on the agenda. I filled my travel humi with some stuff I've been wanting to try- LFD Salamones, a Cruzado, a Padron Family Reserve #45, etc. The B&M also had Dracs and Boris. They looked good and didn't smell too much like varnish, but I decided to pass.

IMO Tatuaje LEs are overhyped so I'm not going to play that game. I feel the same way about HTF Fuentes. After seeing the huge drama that goes on with these smokes around here- because if I did like one of these then CP would be my only way of getting one- I just don't feel like it's worth it. Seriously, it seems about 75% of the discontent at CP stems from the feverish pursuit of these cigars and the consequences don't seem worth it- alienating BOTLs, passing fakes, huge MSRP mark-ups, newbies doing stupid stuff in the BST forum- I could go on but I think the point is made.

Pete and the Fuentes do make great cigars and I'm not going to blast them for creating limited availability for certain smokes. The brands belong to them and they can produce and market how they see fit. I reserve my right to say no and stick to La Riquezas and Don Carlos.

The Black Tubuos look great and I did enjoy the one Black I've tried, but I'll be spending my money on drama-free Padrons. Oh yeah, and La Riquezas and Don Carlos.

Edited for clarity. Jet lag is a pain, even for a pilot who has no circadian rhythm anymore...

IMO Tatuaje LEs are overhyped so I'm not going to play that game. I feel the same way about HTF Fuentes. After seeing the huge drama that goes on with these smokes around here- because if I did like one of these then CP would be my only way of getting one- I just don't feel like it's worth it. Seriously, it seems about 75% of the discontent at CP stems from the feverish pursuit of these cigars and the consequences don't seem worth it- alienating BOTLs, passing fakes, huge MSRP mark-ups, newbies doing stupid stuff in the BST forum- I could go on but I think the point is made.

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

SMARTEST THING I'VE HEARD ALL DAY.

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

SMARTEST THING I'VE HEARD ALL DAY.

Well, duh, look at your normal human interactions at work. :laugh:

I couldn't agree more with some of these later posts. I love Tatuaje cigars and Petr has some great Marketing skills. I traded a box of Franks for Dracs big disapointment. I thought the Drac was mediocre at best. The Frank I thought was a pretty good cigar. I'm not getting the fuzzies about the new Tubos coming out either.

These HTF comparisons are a little off. Pete is young to the game and is relying solely on marketing. At some point, he may actually blend a cigar that would put him into the "Opus/Anejo/WOAM/Casa Fuente" category. As of today, that's not what I'm seeing. None of these cigars really seem to be that unique. All marketing....

So, to compare the Drac to the WOAM... That's like comparing Pete Yorn to John Lennon. IMO.