• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje Cohete (Tower Cigars - 2008)

Yes I read it, and you just stated 2008 again. That site shows 2009. I wasn't correcting you, I was just adding a couple of links that had info on them, in case anyone wanted to see. Thats all. And awesome review. I would love to get my hands on a box of these if they in deed rerun this year.

Check the date on the bottom of the box in the picture....not just the one I wrote, but the stamping the factory put on the box.

I believe the site is wrong.

Great review Tom!  I can't wait to get my box of the 2013 release...

BlindedByScience said:
Check the date on the bottom of the box in the picture....not just the one I wrote, but the stamping the factory put on the box.

I see, very well could be, as I said wasn't trying to step on your toes, was just showing what I found to add to the information. That's all. Again great job though

Great review B.B.S, thank you for taking the time to do this.  This cigar is definitely going on my "buy list".  I sent an email to towercigars but I doubt I will get lucky this time around.    

2K6TBSS said:

Nope, the Cohetes were released in 2006 and 2009.

The box code is usually when the boxes are PACKAGED, not released.

If you need further proof...http://www.tatuajecigars.com/site/smokes/smokes.php?line=Limited%20Release

So how did Tom get them in 2008?

How? Good question.

Personally I don't believe a word B.B.S. says...that lying sack of floor swept short filler! :laugh:

Much ado about nothing.  I know when I got them, but never let the facts get in the way of a good argument...!!!.... ;)

ironpeddler said:

Nope, the Cohetes were released in 2006 and 2009.

The box code is usually when the boxes are PACKAGED, not released.

If you need further proof...http://www.tatuajecigars.com/site/smokes/smokes.php?line=Limited%20Release

So how did Tom get them in 2008?

How? Good question.

Personally I don't believe a word B.B.S. says...that lying sack of floor swept short filler! :laugh:

So the fact that he has a hand written date on the back of the box is proof he got them on that date?

I have given you Tatuaje's website, which says 2009. Need more proof? 

Here is Towers website, which says 2009. You know, the Tower cigars that actually sold them?

http://towercigars.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&manufacturers_id=206

Here is a thread from Feb of 2009 saying that Mark Just got them in that week:

http://lounge.cigarfamily.com/showpost.php?p=3217903&postcount=50

And here is Mark (again, the one who SOLD THEM) saying they came out in 2009 (Along with BBS saying 2009 as well):

http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/topic/73869-tatuaje-cohete/

And oh yeah, here is the actual sale thread on this forum back in (wait for it) Feb. of 2009, again by the person who sold them...notice how he says he does not have them yet?....

http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/topic/54693-just-a-little-heads-up/

Oh, and finally, here is BBS saying he got his box in on Feb. 21, 2009 (which coincidentally, matches up to the date on the box, albeit with the wrong year):

http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/topic/54693-just-a-little-heads-up/?p=822163

But as was said, don't let facts get in the way.

The stamped date year matches my handwritten year.  I got them the same year they were boxed.

Are you saying I'm a liar..??

Why are you taking it personally? I am just trying to clear up a misunderstanding...Misinformation is rampant in this industry, and it is in everyone's interest to  correct information when it is incorrect.

Am I calling you a Liar? Absolutely not. I am pointing out that all of the evidence seems to indicate that these were released in 2009, not a full year before that in 2008. I don't care WHEN they were released, as long as the information is correct. Because if they WERE released in 2008, then that means that we (on our site) have been getting it wrong, and that is unacceptable (for us).

I have put up multiple pieces of proof that these were released in 2009. All you have is a hand written date, and an extremely faded box date that could easily be a "09" instead of "08". I am perfectly willing to accept other avenues of discussion about them being released in 2008, just show me something other than your hand written date...

Well, it looks like I made a mistake.  I apologize to anyone that was offended by my grievous error and complete lack of consideration of the facts.

BrooksW said:
Why are you taking it personally? I am just trying to clear up a misunderstanding...Misinformation is rampant in this industry, and it is in everyone's interest to  correct information when it is incorrect.

Am I calling you a Liar? Absolutely not. I am pointing out that all of the evidence seems to indicate that these were released in 2009, not a full year before that in 2008. I don't care WHEN they were released, as long as the information is correct. Because if they WERE released in 2008, then that means that we (on our site) have been getting it wrong, and that is unacceptable (for us).

I have put up multiple pieces of proof that these were released in 2009. All you have is a hand written date, and an extremely faded box date that could easily be a "09" instead of "08". I am perfectly willing to accept other avenues of discussion about them being released in 2008, just show me something other than your hand written date...

To be fair, your post preceding this one clearly shows you took it personally as well.

BrooksW said:

Thanks for putting the Earth back on it's proper axis with the information you provided. Now that you set the record straight the entire cigar industry can sleep better tonight! :rolleyes:

ironpeddler said:

Thanks for putting the Earth back on it's proper axis with the information you provided. Now that you set the record straight the entire cigar industry can sleep better tonight! :rolleyes:

But Brooks has a blog. Surely he's much more qualified than any of us to clear up misinformation....

I request a title change, I feel deceived now Tom!  :laugh:

Won't let me edit the title.  Guess I'd better delete the review for the sake of accuracy...... ;)

jayro75 said:

But Brooks has a blog. Surely he's much more qualified than any of us to clear up misinformation....

You know Jay, having now witnessed Brook's intense pursuit of the truth...it's now safe to say he has NO future in politics. ;)