• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje Cojonu 2006

CRQuarto

Brrraaaiiinnnsss.....
Tatuaje Cojonu 2006
Size: 5 1/2 x 52 rg Belicoso
Wrapper: Nicaraguan Ligero
Binder: Nicaraguan
Filler: Nicaraguan
Strength: Full

Tonight I settled down to review a cigar that I have been looking forward to reviewing, the Cojonu 2006. I was ready to go with my laptop, Nikon D40, tools of destruction, and a tasty Pyramid Haywire Hefeweizen in a chilled mug. During my inspection of the cigar, I found it to have a wonderful construction comprised of a well made tapered head and a nicely bunched foot. The wrapper featured good oils on its surface, with medium veins throughout and smelled faintly of hay. On squeezing the cigar, I found no hard nor soft spots along the length of it's soft, supple wrapper, which left me with high hopes of a good draw. I was not let down, thankfully, as on clipping the head I found a draw that had just the right amount of resistance. The cold draw left a spicy tingle on the lips and tongue, and had a very slight haylike taste to it. I began slowly toasting the foot, and once it was evenly blackened I took a couple quick puffs to get the embers burning strongly, after which I took my first deep draw. On slowly exhaling the smoke through both mouth and nose, I was greeted by the tastes of milk chocolate and light coffee on the pleasantly creamy, smooth smoke. I found a perfect black pepper on the back of the tongue and throat, though I was surprised at the lack of peppery burn in the nose from the smoke. Once I progressed about a half an inch into the cigar, the pepper began to become more full, and the strength kicked up from a toasty medium to a perfect full. Flavors of rich tobacco mingled with the previously mentioned chocolate and coffee, and my palate was being teased by more subtle, complex flavors that I was unable to pinpoint. At times I thought I could taste leather, others I would pick up for a brief moment vanilla and more of a straightforward coffee bean. This is a very, very good cigar, and while I am quite happy with the hefewiezen I am drinking with it, I feel that when I fire up another one of these sometime I will pair it with a cup of breakfast blend coffee. The burn at this point was spot on, revealing a tight, light gray ash that held strong until released every inch or so. During the course of the entire smoke, the flavor profile was consistent on the stronger, more prominent flavors, but the continued complexity that hinted at underlying flavors kept it delightful and interesting. I took it down until my fingertips were singed, at which point it suddenly went out as though to say, "It was good while it lasted, but I'm done!"

This was an outstanding smoke, and I can certainly say that if the next few perform as solidly as this one, I will be making it a regular in my humidor. I've come to realize that like most cigar smokers, eventually you will find a certain brand that fits your palate. For me, and obviously many others, I think that Tatuaje fits the bill.

tatuajecojonu2006081909.jpg

Thanks for another great review. That looked pretty oily. You'll have to note if there is any progression as these get older.

Do you think that the Padron ashtray affected the taste of the cigar... :whistling:

Thanks for another great review. That looked pretty oily. You'll have to note if there is any progression as these get older.

I am sure there will be, it would be nice to smoke one of these with some age on it. :D

Do you think that the Padron ashtray affected the taste of the cigar... :whistling:

Haha, yeah, I figure it being in close proximity may have helped with the flavors. :laugh:

I've only smoked a couple of these and really enjoyed them. Excellent review as always Charles!

2006's and 2003's are two of my "go to" sticks. Wonderful smokes.....!!

I'll have to keep a closer eye on the radar tonight. I got one of these in the humi that I've been meaning to try...maybe before the Illusione '88'?

Thought this cigar was a great stick. I personally enjoyed this cigar over the 03 and the 09. Thanks for the review.

There isnt a Tat I dont like ,with that said, another fine review. The 2006 is an awesome smoke, only beaten by the 2003 and the 2009 IMHO.

I love these smokes... great review!

Makes me want to dig one out right now haha.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think this is one of the "strongest" and most powerful in the Tatuaje line, no? These are great smokes, I've got a 5-pack on ice. This is definately a Nicaraguan that a little aging goes a very long way.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think this is one of the "strongest" and most powerful in the Tatuaje line, no? These are great smokes, I've got a 5-pack on ice. This is definately a Nicaraguan that a little aging goes a very long way.

I dont find these strong at all, just full of flavor. Even when I wasnt smoking as much(in 2006) and I tried these I didnt think they were strong. This is one of my favorite smokes, but then again so are all the other tats!!!

Thanks for the review. I'm fast becoming a fan of the Tat's and I've had my eye on these in particular.

Thanks for the great review. Sounds delicious. I've been thinking about trying out this stick.

Smoking a 2006 right now. Great cigar. I like them quite a bit better than the 2003 and 2009

I smoked my first one of these tonight. I completely understand the hype. Great smoke.

Great review for a fantastic cigar. A wonderful way to burn a couple hours...no pun intended :rolleyes: