• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje Drac and Boris

Yeah, I went to open....oh wait...I don't have one to open. <evil glare>

:laugh:

Well if I get to try one and get sick I promise to buy all my buds Ducati's with my portion of the class action suit.

Got my box today also. Inside of box I did have the paint smell. I really do not have much of that smell on the cigars maybe just the slighest on the foot. Overall not bad. I admit the screwup with the boxes was pretty dumb. I would hate to think of the smell of the sticks if thet were naked and not wrapped in foil. I have my stick in another box with the lid open for a day. I will then transfer them to a desktop. If after about 10 days of the drac box being open the paint smell goes away I will put them back there. I will go torch one and if I do not post in the next few day you know the chemicals killed me. :laugh:

Well if I get to try one and get sick I promise to buy all my buds Ducati's with my portion of the class action suit.

After the lawyer fees, the entitlement will be....

But 3 boxes of Tats and get 20 tickets for a raffle to buy another box of Dracs. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The guy at the store took the paper wrapping off the cigars so he could count them. I told him there were 13 but he had to count them. So he just put them back in the box with nothing on them and I didn't think anything of it till I read a post on here talking about a smell. Sure enough...

I checked them this morning and they were a bit better but I may leave them out in the open tonight.

I can't believe so many people waiting for my demise. If the toxins give me months to live, we all do a road race through Italy. Ducati requests dooley noted.

Hey, you had the chance to pick up a G class for me, now we stick with bikes.

Ok I surived. The cigar is very young. I had no paint tastes in this stick. It was constructed very well and the burn was spot on. It started out more mellow than other Tats I have smoked. It picked up in strength after about the 1/3 point of the stick. I did get some nice flavors of deep tobacco and chocolate. It never really became harsh. At times I got tastes that were somewhat muted but I think that has to do to the age of the tobacco. Draw was also very good not loose or tight. I will visit these again next summer but all in all I enjoyed it. :thumbs:

If you get a box of Dracs I highly suggest opening it, putting the cigars in a humi that's not your main storage if you have one, and letting the box air out. Mine reeked of paint on the inside. That smell also got on the foot of all the cigars in mine too and I'm hoping they recover in this cedar humi.

Yet another eff up in this whole mess...

I am sure Pete will step up and make this right. Or make his box production folks make it right. Maybe he will chime in here and let everyone know so it isn't just supposition though...

:laugh: ROFL... :laugh: I'm sure Pete doesn't support gouging either... :p

I opened my box, and the cigars REEK of varnish. Very strong smell, especially from the foot of the bundle. I'll leave them out in my cooler and see how they are in a few days. I'll be interested to see if Pete comments on any of this, though I would assume it wouldn't be for a little while, according to his facebook he's all over the map doing events right now.

I'll see him tonight at Cigars & More in Addison. I'm definitely asking him what's up with this and what he plans to do about it.

Here's Pete's response to a thread on this topic over at CF:

The boxes were finished later then we expected and did not have enough time to air completely. The cigars will not be hurt but let the box air a bit if you want to eliminate the smell. The cigars were finished in August. The deadline of being out before Halloween caught the box maker off guard. Sorry about that guys.

That is sort of a dismissive response considering the problems people are encountering.