• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje Drac and Boris

FYI to anyone worried about pricing, Pete enforces a strict MSRP and doesn't like it when shops rip off customers. These should all go for MSRP.

Oh yeah?

Bizarre...seeing as how I just bought a Tat Reserva for $22 bucks at my local, and bought the same cigar at the Outlaw for $9. But, I'm sure Pete has thousands working for him who monitor each B&M that is selling his cigars at inflated prices and any day now he's going to shut them down and terminate their Tatuaje accounts. Just like Carlito Fuente says he has strict rules enforcing his Opus being sold at MSRP.

After all, cigars aren't a business, just a bunch of guys who roll cigars and give them out to other cigar smokers for a minimal profit. :laugh:

Nevermind Pete is making Tatuaje into an uber-elite cigar brand, what with his 13 stores and "limited releases" every 2 months. More and more I'm beginning to like the Padron business model: Make a good freakin' cigar. Sell said good freakin' cigar at good freakin' prices. Be loved by thousands.

If I remember the situation correctly he doesn't like B&Ms increasing or decreasing prices which was what led to his little tiff with Al on here years ago. Jon, you live in Cali and you know the taxes are outrageous there. I don't know if that is the entire reason why a Reserva would be $22 but I have a feeling it's pretty close to why...and I love how you paid that much but you're b*tching. I can still get Noella and Regios Reservas at one of my locals for MSRP and they typically gouge their other high end cigars like Anejo and Opus.

If I'm wrong then I will admit it...I heard somewhere he has that policy but I could have been misinformed.

I love people bashing Pete because they don't agree with his marketing practices but they are right there begging for them when his latest cigar is released.

FYI to anyone worried about pricing, Pete enforces a strict MSRP and doesn't like it when shops rip off customers. These should all go for MSRP.

Oh yeah?

Bizarre...seeing as how I just bought a Tat Reserva for $22 bucks at my local, and bought the same cigar at the Outlaw for $9. But, I'm sure Pete has thousands working for him who monitor each B&M that is selling his cigars at inflated prices and any day now he's going to shut them down and terminate their Tatuaje accounts. Just like Carlito Fuente says he has strict rules enforcing his Opus being sold at MSRP.

After all, cigars aren't a business, just a bunch of guys who roll cigars and give them out to other cigar smokers for a minimal profit. :laugh:

Nevermind Pete is making Tatuaje into an uber-elite cigar brand, what with his 13 stores and "limited releases" every 2 months. More and more I'm beginning to like the Padron business model: Make a good freakin' cigar. Sell said good freakin' cigar at good freakin' prices. Be loved by thousands.

If I remember the situation correctly he doesn't like B&Ms increasing or decreasing prices which was what led to his little tiff with Al on here years ago. Jon, you live in Cali and you know the taxes are outrageous there. I don't know if that is the entire reason why a Reserva would be $22 but I have a feeling it's pretty close to why...and I love how you paid that much but you're b*tching. I can still get Noella and Regios Reservas at one of my locals for MSRP and they typically gouge their other high end cigars like Anejo and Opus.

If I'm wrong then I will admit it...I heard somewhere he has that policy but I could have been misinformed.

I love people bashing Pete because they don't agree with his marketing practices but they are right there begging for them when his latest cigar is released.

Which B&M are you talking about???

Aight, it's close enough dagnabbit! Where's the sign up thread??

Hmmm... You DO know I'm talking about a bunch of rolled leaves and not your mother, correct? ??? Relax a little dude, it's a cigar. If you feel that much loyalty to Pete Johnson, that's fine and I have no problem with that. Just don't treat my opinion like I just kicked your favorite dog and took a whizz in your beer. I paid that much for a Tat Reserva because I like them and can't find them anywhere else.

I still disagree with you that Johnson strictly enforces his "no gouging" policy, but I might get another unwanted rise out of ya.... :laugh: But hey Greg, I do like your no bullshit response! :thumbs:

Oh yeah?

He doesn't like them decreasing the price. That's what he had the problem with. If he cared about high prices, he wouldn't be showing up at stores that sell his stuff well over MSRP.

I think Pete should dress up just like Willy Wonka and fly all 13 ticket holders to his factory and give a tour just like the original movie. "Come with me, you will be, in a woooorld of pure imagination...." I'll be Charlie. Jonathan can be that cowboy kid who watches too much tv. :laugh: Who else is there?

I think Pete should dress up just like Willy Wonka and fly all 13 ticket holders to his factory and give a tour just like the original movie. "Come with me, you will be, in a woooorld of pure imagination...." I'll be Charlie. Jonathan can be that cowboy kid who watches too much tv. :laugh: Who else is there?

My local just got a stack of 8x10s in anticipation of the autograph signing there.

denise_nickerson1.jpg

Left to right:
Back row: yeahthatsme, ELittle, Pete Johnson
2nd row: bfisher88, Breedy
3rd row: thechenman, sweetrice80, BSneed51, GregSVT
front row: souldog, Kingantz

My local just got a stack of 8x10s in anticipation of the autograph signing there.

denise_nickerson1.jpg

Left to right:
Back row: yeahthatsme, ELittle, Pete Johnson
2nd row: bfisher88, Breedy
3rd row: thechenman, sweetrice80, BSneed51, GregSVT
front row: souldog, Kingantz
So I am like the youngest one out of all of you, and I'm the old dude?? WTF?

I just thought you'd want to be behind chenman with your hands on his shoulders. It was either him or Sweets. Besides, it could always be worse. Think about poor Joe with E as his mom.

I just thought you'd want to be behind chenman with your hands on his shoulders. It was either him or Sweets. Besides, it could always be worse. Think about poor Joe with E as his mom.
Ahh good point. Chenman is my boyee! :thumbs: