• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje Havana VI Victorias

Mike33

This was only the third Tatuaje I have had, and so far I've been pretty impressed with them. I purchased a box of these about 2 weeks ago and this is my second from that box.

PDR_0015.jpg

Construction: Beautiful Long Pantela with a pigtail cap and Dark wrapper with very few veins. The burn was good throughout and required just one touch-up.

PDR_0017.jpg

PDR_0018.jpg

Taste: Immediatly upon lighting it, I was hit with strong coffee notes and wonderful spice that tickled my palate. Lots of flavor in this one!! These taste a lot like the PAMs without the cocoa flavors and with more spice. About two inches in, the flavor developed more earthy notes and sprinkled in a little spice here and there to keep your attention.

The draw was somewhat firm and needing a little coaxing to get the right amount of smoke out. After the halfway point, the cigar changed a little bit. There was still a little spice, but the flavors became more muddled and it was tough to pin-point any one flavor. Towards the end the cigar became a bit harsh but still left a creamy, long finish on my tounge.

PDR_0020.jpg

Overall: A really fine cigar in my limited experience. Flavors were pretty solid and the cigar left me wanting more. My only complaints were the tight draw and the fact that the ash wouldn't hold on any longer than an inch or so. Overall, 86-87 and definatly worth the box purchase!! :D

I enjoyed your review - nicely done! I have a few that I just picked up that are resting comfortably in my humi. I'll probably wait for a couple of weeks before trying one but I am very much looking forward to it! As for the tight draw, what is the humidity level in your humi?

nice review but two words... "macro mode"

I gotta pick up a few of these to sample.

Real nice review!

To follow up on theorangeman's question, I have the same question regarding the level of humidity in which this Tat was stored. Personally, I prefer to keep all of my Tats in a separate humidor that is about 64-65% rather than 70%. I ran an "experiment" last year and found that the ones I stored at 69-70% absorbed a bit too much moisture for me and the draw was a little tighter. Now, at the lower humidity level I find the Tats to be even better. Again, this is just my $0.02. :)

Real nice review!

To follow up on theorangeman's question, I have the same question regarding the level of humidity in which this Tat was stored. Personally, I prefer to keep all of my Tats in a separate humidor that is about 64-65% rather than 70%. I ran an "experiment" last year and found that the ones I stored at 69-70% absorbed a bit too much moisture for me and the draw was a little tighter. Now, at the lower humidity level I find the Tats to be even better. Again, this is just my $0.02. :)

The Master originally told me this a while back and it has made a world of difference, 70% is too high IMO.

As for the tight draw, what is the humidity level in your humi?

Its sitting at 63-65% and thats normally where I keep it. I have some ISOMs that I've had draw problems with as well. I can't say it was my humidity for sure, but I have heard some cigars are shipped "wetter" than others(both ISOMs and NCs).

The first one I had 4-5 days ago was perfect on the draw, maybe this example was wrapped a little tight(I hope anyways)????

Yea, I've gotta work on that! :laugh:

Its sitting at 63-65% and thats normally where I keep it. I have some ISOMs that I've had draw problems with as well. I can't say it was my humidity for sure, but I have heard some cigars are shipped "wetter" than others(both ISOMs and NCs).

The first one I had 4-5 days ago was perfect on the draw, maybe this example was wrapped a little tight(I hope anyways)????

I can see well enough that it's one helluva good looking cigar. I'm going to have to pick some of these up. Thanks for the review!

63-65% is where I keep my humi as well. However, are you certain that your humi is really at that level? I don't mean to second guess you but have you calibrated your hygrometer to make sure the displayed humidity is actually accurate?

Taste: Immediatly upon lighting it, I was hit with strong coffee notes and wonderful spice that tickled my palate. Lots of flavor in this one!! These taste a lot like the PAMs without the cocoa flavors and with more spice. About two inches in, the flavor developed more earthy notes and sprinkled in a little spice here and there to keep your attention.

Well I'm glad it "tickled" your palate. :p

I bought one of these off Mike and tried it. The overall impression I got from the cigar was much the same. I think that these are a little young and need to settledown because the harshness and burn issues with mine really mared the taste. As to the Humidor Rh%, he's got a half-pound of 65% beads, so I'm pretty sure it's not his humidor. A good salt test is always helpful every six months or so. :)

A "clear" Picture

opus075-1.jpg

Nice review, but You have to take some practise with photos making - You need to catch your target in best sharpness, not the background :)

looking foward to trying the tatuaje line. Young smoke, i'm sure your cigars just need time to settle down. In a few months i'm sure you will enjoy them a lot more.

Nice review. Although upon trying these... I was not that impressed and do not see that ratio value/quality make sense to me. Will never buy these again. So, more sticks for you guys.
BTW I read that a lot of folks were saying that taste of these sticks remind them Cuban cigars. Always wanted to ask which Cuban cigars? As Cuban cigars have really different taste in between marka and in between different vitolas of the same marka.
I would never say that Tatuaje Habana remind me a flavour of any Cuban cigar I tried so far... Anyway... to each his own... Enjoy these
:cool:

Just was introduced to a new B&M this past friday that carriers a number of sticks I did not have. They had a nice selection so I bought the Ashton ESG Churchill, Tatuaje Havanna VI Victorias, RP OWR Robusto & Petit Belicosa, Ashton VSG Illusion, LFD DL Limitado II, and LG Cubano. Boy, can't wait until they get a little time on the humi before firing this selection up. Let's see, which one first.... :p :p :p

Thanks for the great review. Like several others, I have had a couple of these and have found them harsh and a tight draw. But I smoked them straight from the B&M without any rest. I do want to get a few to age and try again.

i bought a box of almirantes when they were first released. i can't say that i thought any of them have been harsh. they have been typically powerful pepin blends. and it is very true regarding humidity. i tend to keep my tats in a separate humi so it is easier to maintain them at a lower rate.
i also believe that once you have a taste for pepin blends, you are going to be very happy with the price of these sticks.

Have smoked 4 different sizes of the Red banded Tats and these are by far my favorite. Hopefully the local B&M will get more before the Holidays because i am now out. :( :( :( :(

Nice review, but You have to take some practise with photos making - You need to catch your target in best sharpness, not the background :)
Yep, either use manual focus or spot focus os that it is on the cigar.

Wilkey

Yep, either use manual focus or spot focus os that it is on the cigar.

Wilkey

Actually this camera Mike and I are using is so freakin cheap that it takes near endless tweaking to get a nice photo. I've found that the flash blinds things in less than 3 feet.

It is possible to get a nice picture. . .on occasion. :cool:

opus109-1.jpg

Review to follow :thumbs:

Real nice review!

I think that holds true for most every cigar. I have all my humidors at 65% except for my Habanos which I keep at about 61-62%.

Thanks for the review,I found these to be similar to the cabiguan's in stregnth.Mediumish.

Great review!