• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje Labels

JHolmes763

Drinkin' the koolaid
So I'm looking over all of the offerings Tatuaje has and am wondering what's the differences in the labels. How does it equate to taste, price, etc. I've seen brown and red quite a bit and I thought I saw what looked like a white label on a site someone linked to (lost it now). Just wondering if anyone has a comment or a recommendation since there's such a variety, it seems.

I was gifted a couple of Tatuajes to try by a fellow BOTL. One is a brown label; I think it's a Regios based upon the reference thread (thanks for that!). I haven't smoked that one yet. The other was a smaller red label; I think that one was a Angeles. Notice I said was as I did get a chance to light that puppy up. I was pretty impressed. I thought it had a good strong leather and hazelnut taste to it. Seemed to get stronger as it went, too.

---John Holmes...

I presume you read the reference thread, so you know where they are made, how they got started, who did the blend, etc.

This is how I percieved them when I smoked them.

The browns are smooth, creamy, buttery taste. Rolled in U.S.A. so presuming ERDLH is following minimum wage labor regulations, and the tobacco is imported, thus high price.
The reds are more woody, earthy, and creamy. Lower price point, still just as good.

Haven't tried the whites yet, that mixed filler thing is a good deterrent. I don't have enough information.

Browns and reds are strong as hell though. Do some more "research" on them and experience them first hand for further accuracy.

As I understand it the only difference between red and brown is where they are rolled. The guys at Outlaw Cigar Co. set it all up for me!
I have tried them both, bear in mind I'm no pro, but I can't tell a difference so I prefer to save a buck or two and go with the reds :D

Billy

I presume you read the reference thread, so you know where they are made, how they got started, who did the blend, etc.
Ah... must have looked over that thread a dozen times and I missed the "where they are rolled" bit. Thanks. :)

The brown's are Nicaraguan puros rolled in the USA.
The red's are Nicaraguan puros rolled in Nicaragua.
The white's are not mixed, they are "Cuban Sandwich" cigars rolled from the scraps...the wrapper on these really sucks! But they do have great flavor and blended very well dispite the lack of quality contruction.

-Fetter

So I'm looking over all of the offerings Tatuaje has and am wondering what's the differences in the labels. How does it equate to taste, price, etc. I've seen brown and red quite a bit and I thought I saw what looked like a white label on a site someone linked to (lost it now). Just wondering if anyone has a comment or a recommendation since there's such a variety, it seems.

I was gifted a couple of Tatuajes to try by a fellow BOTL. One is a brown label; I think it's a Regios based upon the reference thread (thanks for that!). I haven't smoked that one yet. The other was a smaller red label; I think that one was a Angeles. Notice I said was as I did get a chance to light that puppy up. I was pretty impressed. I thought it had a good strong leather and hazelnut taste to it. Seemed to get stronger as it went, too.

---John Holmes...

Tatuaje cigars (brown label)

Havana VI cigars (red label)

Series P cigars (white label)

---John Holmes...

Tatuaje cigars (brown label)

Havana VI cigars (red label)

Series P cigars (white label)

Cool Link Moki
Thanks

Anyone know a good source for Tatuaje white labels? I didn't know they had white.

The MSRP makes it look attractive. :thumbs:

Anyone know a good source for Tatuaje white labels? I didn't know they had white.

Funny thing about the White labels, I had the impression they would be the easiest to acquire, but It turns out they're the most difficult for me to find. Try Famous, Tower and Serious, but don't be surprised if they're out of stock.

Doc.

Funny thing about the White labels, I had the impression they would be the easiest to acquire, but It turns out they're the most difficult for me to find. Try Famous, Tower and Serious, but don't be surprised if they're out of stock.

Doc.

Famous
Out of Stock
Tower Have not seen any on the site
Serious In Stock with free shipping.

Might try Puffstuff on these. :whistling:

Doc.

Famous
Out of Stock

x2.

Thanks for the great info guys. I've got a lead on a semi-local place that sells them for good prices so I'm hoping to get a box from them.

Oh, I was corrected on my assumed names for the tats, too.
The smaller one was one of the Noella Reservas. Shown here on Moki's page. The other was a Havana VI Nobles.
The Noella was awesome... can't wait to try the Nobles. :)

---John Holmes...

Doc.

Famous
Out of Stock

Thanks guys, I'll give Puffstuff a PM. I'm guessing he doesn't have a website?

I know this is a fairly old thread however...

My shipment of P3 came in from Al.

Took one, smoked it, and it was.... hmmm...

FANTASTIC!!!

Well, this doesn't even begin to describe it as the lower price point and the fact that Al offered these for a greater price on his Working Man's specials thread makes this stick great. The wrapper on these things are pretty delicate, cutting it ripped the wrapper up at the head a bit. However, the Cuban sandwich style blend makes it easier to cut. Smoke them if you got them.

I have both brown and red labels. The red labeled Tatuaje's have become my go to cigar. I love the nobles, I'd order a crate of them of them if I had a place to store them!