• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje "Monster" cigar event @ J. Barbera in Garden City NY

EricDriscoll

CRA Ambassador # 175966
Wanted to say what a great time this was getting to sample the new "Frank" from Tatuaje in Garden City L.I. It was nice to see Pete again and I was able to meet a few great guys from CP. What's up Jesus, Steve, Rich and I hope you enjoy the DVD's, Steve send addy so I can take care of you as well. We all got to sample Pete's El Triunfadors as well and they were even better than the other two I had previously smoked. Also Dion from Illusione cigars showed up which was cool as most would agree he has some top notch smokes. It's always a nice spread at J Barbera and George the owner is a truly gracious host to all that visit. I really enjoyed the "Frank" as I am a fan of the broadleaf and this blend worked well with it. I didn't get the same flavor as the Tainos as is stated but this could very well be due to the flavor of the wrapper. I will certainly be lighting up another soon to revisit this. The event was a good time and meeting more members here made it all the better!

I'm glad that I have given them my email two separate times to be updated on events there, as well as stopped in the shop recently, asking them if they have any upcoming events, and was told "no."

WTF?! That video is funny as hell :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm glad that I have given them my email two separate times to be updated on events there, as well as stopped in the shop recently, asking them if they have any upcoming events, and was told "no."

The event was supposed to be for members only (according to the email invite I got), then it changed to a $25 entry fee for non members. Not sure why they didn't publicize this a bit more? It only benefits them by selling more boxes. Although they did mention at the event, that if you didn't pre-order a box of Frank's your out of luck. So I'm sure there were people there (or walk-in's) that did not get a box.

If your looking for some stick's shoot me a PM, I have a few boxes.

The event was supposed to be for members only (according to the email invite I got), then it changed to a $25 entry fee for non members. Not sure why they didn't publicize this a bit more? It only benefits them by selling more boxes. Although they did mention at the event, that if you didn't pre-order a box of Frank's your out of luck. So I'm sure there were people there (or walk-in's) that did not get a box.

not sure if that is true because my boy jesus brought a box and i dont believe he preordered it. but i'm not 100% sure, i let jesus chime in on this if he sees it.

Hell yeah, Christian (EricDriscoll) and I were hanging with Jesus at the event. I think he got there pretty early and was able to finagle something with George. I know he did get one though.

Funny thing: I found myself sitting in between Christian and Jesus drinking beer and smoking cigars. My devil tattoo was burning :)

FYI.. My daughters bday is 6-6-06 so I got a tat of a cartoon devil with her name and bday on it.

not sure if that is true because my boy jesus brought a box and i dont believe he preordered it. but i'm not 100% sure, i let jesus chime in on this if he sees it.

I called J. Barbera's two weeks ago asking about the Franks. He said not yet but that they would have them for the Tat event at the end of the month. He offered to take my email and phone number and said he would shoot me an email and give me a call with the event info. Saturday evening I get an email saying 'sorry we didn't get you the info and you missed the event but we had a great time.' (WTF? :angry: ) 'If you still want the Franks we have some available.'

I called J. Barbera's two weeks ago asking about the Franks. He said not yet but that they would have them for the Tat event at the end of the month. He offered to take my email and phone number and said he would shoot me an email and give me a call with the event info. Saturday evening I get an email saying 'sorry we didn't get you the info and you missed the event but we had a great time.' (WTF? :angry: ) 'If you still want the Franks we have some available.'

Well, so there you have it. During George's welcoming of Pete he mentioned the boxes were accounted for, guess not. Thanks for the info.

I do remember Pete being surpised that George had so many boxes. I know when Brian reads this he will recall as I just thought of it now. I don't think Pete wanted it that way but at that point what would you do as I believe he is a solid retialer for him. Also you never know if some just didn't pick up theirs or decided not to buy. The good thing is they seem to be available at the moment if people want them which is good to see.

Let me first say that J. Barbera's really took care of everyone and yeah there was a $25 fee but with the food drinks and 2 sample stick Cabaiguan Maduro & El triunfador which are both great cigars. And meeting great guys and hanging out with EricDriscoll, bully1875, Rich and Steve made the event, which led us to continue next day at smoke single where scot was really cool there which I went with Bxcigarfan .
Hanging out with Pete and Dion for 2 days was the icing on the cake. :cool:

Thanks. I appreciate the offer. But it's not even about the sticks, themselves. From the 3 or 4 times that I've been to the shop, the customer service can't possibly get any worse. Each time I've gone in, I've given them contact info so I can come back and spend more money there, guess they're just not interested.

Well, I got the message.

Damn. What email list am I not on? This event was probably down the block from me. I'm not a member of any clubs so I guess thats why I didn't hear of this. Oh well, see you at the next NY herf.

Thanks. I appreciate the offer. But it's not even about the sticks, themselves. From the 3 or 4 times that I've been to the shop, the customer service can't possibly get any worse. Each time I've gone in, I've given them contact info so I can come back and spend more money there, guess they're just not interested.

Well, I got the message.

Funny you say that because I know several people that have been in that shop and have had similiar experiences.
I had an experience that was not the best when I've visited that store as well.I spent $175 at the store only to find out that I was not welcome to smoke one of the cigars in the "members only" lounge.(mind you no one was there)IMHO George can seem very condescending most of the time.I don't think that it's intentional, but nonetheless,that's how I felt.The real estate is expensive in Garden City I'm sure but boxes of Anejo's for $400+? Opus #2's for $25+tax? That said, I will say that it's a beautiful store and George is VERY knowledgeable.It seems that if you are not a member at $2500 per year,you are treated as 2nd class even if you just dropped a bundle on fine cigars.I also put my name on his e-mail list and never received any e-mails about upcoming events.