• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje Monster "Franks"

Ugaman72

I just received a box yesterday of the new Tat Monster series Frank cigars. I have a question for those of you that received a box of these. I was just curious last night and ebay'd them. A guy on there was selling empty boxes (a cool coffin shaped box, sliding lid, seal on the bottom). Each box was supposed to be numbered (1-666 I presume). My box has the number written in red ink on the bottom inside sone of the ovals. The ones on Ebay have the numbers printed usually starting with a few zeroes and then the number. For those that got them, how was yours stamped?

red ink on both 99 and 121

edit
seemes like half of petes sales came from this board

Mine has a red "151" (my lucky number!) written on the bottom with what looks like a sharpie.

Mine was red number 169. Anyone think these ebay tat monster boxes may be a little funny? Here's the link..
http://cgi.ebay.com/Tatuaje-Monster-The-Fr...%3A1|240%3A1318

Also, it looks like Pete has signed the front of the boxes unlike mine. Think these must just be early releases? I'm not making any accusations on authenticity, the ebay boxes look more than legit. I'm just curious.

Mine didn't look like the ones in the auction. Here's some pics of the ones that I got from Grant:

IMAG0216.jpg

IMAG0217.jpg

IMAG0219.jpg

Man these look awesome I am dying to get my hands on some. I would love to hear how they smoke.
Chris

220 here.

Recommendation on resting time before smoking? I've had them in the humi for less than a day. They were received at Empire Friday and sent out the same day and got here yesterday. That's about a week on the road...

The auction pictures seem good except mine has the box # written in red sharpie on the import label, instead of the stamped ones on those. I want to doubt that somebody would fake these, but you never know.

The ebay picks seem weard the bands seam to be a different color(could be photo). And they seem to be the only ones with printed numbers (could be first fifty) . Also Pete said he didnt want to mess up the box by signing the front.

Like others have said, I think the auction ones look funny, too. Notice the numbers start with 0000**. Why would you put a 5 digit number on a box slated for just 666 units. Mine looks just like the pics posted in this post...red shrpie numbers in the oval.

Just as a FYI..The name of the seller is Big Easy Cigars...which IS listed as a retailer for these. I don't doubt they're authentic at all, just wondering why some were stamped and signed??

Maybe the stamp they were using ran out of ink? Heh, I'm really not sure, but as far as the signatures go they could have recently had an event with Pete Johnson there or something. Everything else about the box is legit so I'm sure they're fine, inconsistencies happen.

I got a box from Big Easy and the numbering was in a red sharpie. Mine didn't have Pete's signature either. I bet the first ones made were stamped and then they changed their mind. I will check the number on the box when I get home and post it. I got another box from a different retailer and the box was very different. It had less blood splattr and was jet black. I'm told all the coffins are unique. I smoked one right out of the box and it was great. My next one will be for Halloween.

mine is number 146 in red sharpie on the tag, also has his signature on the back. saving the first one out of the pack for holloween.

Wish I could have picked some of these up when they were available...sounds like a great smoke...enjoy gents! :thumbs: