• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje Noellas

JHolmes763

Drinkin' the koolaid
I picked up one of these to try while I was over in Nashville. 5.125 x 42 with an MSRP of $7.50... I got it for a few pennies under that from Uptowns. They have some great deals on Tats.

The sales guy said this was an Oscuro wrapper. It was pretty dark and rough with some good size veins on it. I had a hard time getting the camera to focus on the cigar itself and had to use the band to focus on. Not a pretty cigar, but it cut clean and had a good pre-light draw on it. Nothing to do now but fire it up, right?

gallery_3866_165_663192.jpg

Right away I get a nice thick smoke that burns the nostrils just a bit. It actually reminds me of a scotch or cognac with the taste of the smoke coming from the foot. Very interesting...

A few more puffs into this and I'm picking up fruity flavors. The flavor is a good medium tobacco and black cherry. I'm reminded of that pink ice cream with bits of black cherry in it. I like it. The ash is a dark gray and is forming nice flaky rings. The burn is nearly perfect with one side running just a little faster than the other. It all catches up as the cigar burns, though.

The black cherry flavor continues for about an inch and half into the cigar and then fades away as a hearty leather flavor takes over. Delicious. I love cigars that change flavor profiles throughout the smoke. About half way into the smoke, the black cherry flavor returns and mingles with the leather flavor. I start to get a little bit of tar forming and the draw is tightening up, so I slow down a little and squeeze on the head to open it up a little more. The tar doesn't last, luckily. I get a phone call about now, so that distracts me from the tasting for a bit. It continues about the same until I get down to the band area. Once into the last two inches or so, the leather flavor is dominant and it starts to get a little bitter and hot. Not bad enough to put it down and I smoke it down as much as I can.

gallery_3866_165_223866.jpg

I had one of these a while ago as a gift from a fellow member, but I didn't really sit back and taste it when I got a chance to smoke it. I'm glad I did this time. Even though it seems like a fruity medium body cigar, I actually get a decent buzz from the nicotine. It kind of sneaks up on you. Overall, this is a delicious smoke that I'd certainly like to keep around the humidor. I give it an 8.5 out of 10.

---John Holmes...

Nice review! I have heard that these are good. I like your last pic too. :thumbs:

snip.....The sales guy said this was an Oscuro wrapper.....snip

I'm not sure if Oscuro and Viso wrapper's have a correlation I'm not aware of or not, but the wrapper on these is know as a Nicaragua Corojo 99 viso wrapper. All the "cabinet" Tats have that wrapper minus the Especialles, which I think is similar but lighter in color.

Great review as always John, Tat's are my favorite, I'm glad you enjoyed the smoke.

black cherry... mmm... nice! :)
Nice review :thumbs:

I'm not sure if Oscuro and Viso wrapper's have a correlation I'm not aware of or not, but the wrapper on these is know as a Nicaragua Corojo 99 viso wrapper. All the "cabinet" Tats have that wrapper minus the Especialles, which I think is similar but lighter in color.

Great review as always John, Tat's are my favorite, I'm glad you enjoyed the smoke.

And to add, unless the box had a black and gold, Cuban-style 'Reserva' band on it, the guy wasn't be entirely honest...but a great cigar either way!

And to add, unless the box had a black and gold, Cuban-style 'Reserva' band on it, the guy wasn't be entirely honest...but a great cigar either way!

Correct, as can be seen here.

http://www.vitolas.net/displayimage.php?pos=-919

I haven't been able to find another box for a while.

Correct, as can be seen here.

http://www.vitolas.net/displayimage.php?pos=-919

I haven't been able to find another box for a while.

Me neither, last time I saw a both was at Leaf & Ale in late Feburary and I bought the last two singles from the box...it's odd that the store would be able to hold onto a box for so long at that price (unless they just lost the box in backstock or something)

Nice review and pics for a very enjoyable smoke. - thanks!

I agree with Wyatt on the wrapper.

One thing you didn't mention which I find distinct in the first half inch of this stick - Pepper!
So strong that when I first smoked one I was about to chuck it. Thankfully the flavors you describe kicked in.

Brian

Nice review and great timing. Have a box of these coming in the mail.. Should be resting nicley in my new coolerdoor by the end of the week.. :D

Great review; Tat's are quickly becoming one of my favorite smokes. Had a Noella over the weekend and my experience was very similar to yours....fantastic smokes.

Thanks again - B.B.S.

Thanks for the correction on the wrapper. It was a good smoke either way! :D

Great review and pics. If I could find a full box, those would be my next box purchase. The one I had was fantastic and could easily become my "everyday" smoke.

snip.....It was a good smoke either way! :D....snip

...and that's definitely the most important thing, hehe. :thumbs:

Thanks for the correction on the wrapper. It was a good smoke either way! :D

I know of the B&M and the cigar. It is the Noella Reserva. The wrapper is actually Nicaraguan aged ligero oscuro. The wrapper leaves were intended for the Cojonu line, but were too small. That particular B&M was shipped about 10 boxes of these. He still had 5 left when I bought my box and 1/2. I don't know how they get such special treatment from Pete, but I am thankful since I am a Tat whore and they are the closest real cigar shop to my location.

I still have the full box with the wax paper intact. I smoked/shared the 1/2 box that I bought. I am not a huge fan of maduro or oscuro cigars right now, so I am letting them sit hoping my taste will change in the next couple of years.