• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje

wasy

Does anyone else have a problem with the quailty of Tatuaje's? Great tasting smokes but I always (I'm guessing 50% of the time) have problems with draw, foot and or cap damage. I'm curious if anyone else feels the Tat's are lacking in the quality dept.

Can't say I've had any issues to date. As a matter of fact that's one quality that I love about Tats, they always seem to be on their game.

Every one I've smoked was great until last night. I don't know the name, it was from a sampler, but it was about 6-7" long and very thin. It was so tight I couldn't draw through it. I kept clipping it shorter hoping it would help but no go. I tried loosening it up by rolling it a bit but it was too small a gauge to mess with. I struggled with it since it was the last tat in my humi, but it was not very enjoyable.

Does anyone else have a problem with the quailty of Tatuaje's? Great tasting smokes but I always (I'm guessing 50% of the time) have problems with draw, foot and or cap damage. I'm curious if anyone else feels the Tat's are lacking in the quality dept.

Which line? I've heard some complaints about QC on the Red and White, but never on the Brown (yet).

The regular line (brown) is one of my favorites with the havana cazadores being my go to stick right now. I've noticed that they smoke better with lower rh's. I've got a desktop dedicated to them and the rh is usually around 60. The only problem I've ever encountered was with a noella reserva that I smoked right out of a fresh box at my shop. It was very tight so I told my tobbaconist as I was smoking it, so he tried one himself and it was the same. I'm assuming that they ship wet so it may take some time to regulate. Give em at least 2 weeks at a little lower rh and you'll have heaven! G1

I've never had a problem with either the browns or reds. I'd say each was pretty much perfect. I've only had two whites, and both had wrapper problems.

I have yet to have any problems with any of them (Brown or Red label). The B&M I get them from are extremely vigilant about RH - never too high or too low. I also maintain my huni at 62-63%

Never a problem with the classics or H-VI's. I have smoke a few P1's without wrapper probs- just burning issues on the P1's; probably due to the sandwich filler. I have found Tats and Pepins to be among the most consistant smokes in my rotation.

I have had a few issue with the White labels (mixed filler). These are their bargain smokes, and I guess I expected a bit less out of them because of that. They had very, very tight draw. The flavor was there though. No complaints at all with the Brown or Havana VI series though.

Quade

The Red and Whites are the problematic smokes for me with draw and burn being the primary issues. Never had a problem with a Brown label.

never had a problem with these But I got to tell ya that chick there has got some great big t*** wow YEA BABY :thumbs:

Which Havana VI's are giving you trouble? I just polished off a box of Hermosos, and don't recall any flaws.

I've had draw problems wiht the especiales before, I think that thin gauge with sometimes makes a tight draw, but the flavors are always amazing, even after relighting. I've also noticed a few with minor cap damage before, but nothing to make me reconsider buying them. None of these problems are common enough to be an issue, and I can't think of a brand that always puts out perfect smokes.

As people said in here, these sticks smoke MUCH better at lower Rhs. I personally have never had a plugged White (but then against I've only smoked 5 of them, all from either Sept 06 or Oct 06). I have had some tough draws on the Reds, but that has only been on Reds out of a store humi, the box I have at home at 65% smokes wonderfully.

Still, if you're humidity is right (and by all means, cigars should be smokeable across humidities from 60%-70%), on Tatuajes you should take down the box date code. It'd be interesting to see if it were a particular batch of Tats that are smoking poorly (an anomaly) or if its a developing trend. It's still a young cigar company, the Red and Whites haven't been out for more than 9months, and I'm sure they would appreciate our feedback and would listen especially in their early stages - the question is if it's something really to complain about, or if they just had a hiccup.

With my experiences with the Tat's in general, all labels, brown, red, white and Cabaiguan is that most of them have a soft spot somewhere in the stick, sometimes the top or the middle or the bottom which can cause some burn problems but they usually correct themselves. I can say that 70-80% of my sticks are this way and half of my cabinet is filled with Tat's since those are my go to sticks. Anyone else have an opinion on the soft spot?

I just counted the empty boxes of Tats and other Pepin creations in my man room. There's 12. I can honestly say I've never had a single one of those cigars give me any problem. Zero, Nada, Zilch. So out of about 300 cigars smoked in the past year all have been impeccable. Now, consider my 15% failure rate for Fuente products. :angry: Yes, I keep track of such things. :cool:

Doc.

Like I said although I get soft spots which turn out to have burn issues they are very minor and usually correct themselves. I really enjoy what Pete and Don produce and a little burn issue will not keep me from enjoying one of my favorite cigars