• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tax Hike Puts a Damper on Florida Cigar Makers

jfields

Where did all my money go?
Yahoo Article Link

I'd like to tell Paul Hull from The American Cancer Society to "Suck My <Ahem> Cigar".

I don't know about most of you, but I don't consider myself "to be in a higher socio-economic class." I for the most part live week to week like most everyone else these days.

I guess I have CA to thank for painting all of us cigar smokers as people living the good life.

We stopped supporting the ACS many years ago when it became obvious they were less about cancer than they were about controlling behavior under the guise of altruism. Non-profit "charities" that spend most of their money on overhead and administrative costs are rackets in my opinion.

I guess I have CA to thank for painting all of us cigar smokers as people living the good life.

I've often thought that myself, but when I brought that up last year, the idea was dismissed (perhaps appropriately). I still think it's a valid point. I'm not looking to argue the point, just restating my opinion.

We stopped supporting the ACS many years ago when it became obvious they were less about cancer than they were about controlling behavior under the guise of altruism. Non-profit "charities" that spend most of their money on overhead and administrative costs are rackets in my opinion.

You just summarized 99.5% of all non-profits 'helping' people in the developing world. If you want to support those poor little kids with flies on their eyeballs, find a Peace Corps volunteer and tell them you'd like to help fund a poor kid's education.

As for CA, I canceled this year. I wanted a magazine about cigars, not golf.

You just summarized 99.5% of all non-profits 'helping' people in the developing world.

Yup. We give more to charity now more than ever, but we only give to 3 or 4 organizations and 2 are local only. We used to spread it around more, but events of the last 10 years have really opened our eyes to where our charity dollars were going.

That's BS!!! I'm so not in the upper class, and this will really put a damper on my hobby! Hull's an asshat!

Holy shit! I didn't know that my 38K/year household was in a higher socio-economic class. I guess my truck driving job is moving me up in the world!

Fuggin Asshat.

It is good to know that as an Enlisted Soldier in the US Army, I am also one of "High Class" folks.

Must be all the money I make while living in a tent in the f'in desert........

Off to find someone to email abou this.

Tim

MX - I about snorted coffee out my nose this morning when I read how you were "saving" money by living in the field....TFF man.

Back