• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Telecommunications

CigarStone

For once, knowledge is making me poor!
This is a shameless plug.......and a possible way to meet some BOTL or SOLT here.:)

I started my consulting practice in Business and Project Management within Communications (telecommunications and data communications) 25 years ago. This field is a complete and total cluster-fuck because there are no degrees or certifications you can get for this expertise. Companies are at the mercy of some very ruthless providers and often pay their bills simply out of fear of reprisal from the providers in this industry. Many providers know that there is very little understanding of the industry and systematically overcharge clients. But this has allowed me to make a decent living helping companies save money and improve operations.

It is not uncommon for larger companies to be paying tens of thousands of dollars per month for telecom services they no longer need or even use. I have obtained multi-million dollar refunds for several large clients around North America.

I am semi-retired but would love to take on a project to help a fellow CP member and meet some new brothers or sisters of the leaf in the process.

If I can help, PM me.

Like I said......shameless.:cool:

Last edited:
Very noble profession(yours, not the idiots) and a very kind offer. I hope folks take ya up on it.

Floyd T

This is a shameless plug.......and a possible way to meet some BOTL or SOLT here.:)

I started my consulting practice in Business and Project Management within Communications (telecommunications and data communications) 25 years ago. This field is a complete and total cluster-fuck because there are no degrees or certifications you can get for this expertise. Companies are at the mercy of some very ruthless providers and often pay their bills simply out of fear of reprisal from the providers in this industry. Many providers know that there is very little understanding of the industry and systematically overcharge clients. But this has allowed me to make a decent living helping companies save money and improve operations.

It is not uncommon for larger companies to be paying tens of thousands of dollars per month for telecom services they no longer need or even use. I have obtained multi-million dollar refunds for several large clients around North America.

I am semi-retired but would love to take on a project to help a fellow CP member and meet some new brothers or sisters of the leaf in the process.

If I can help, PM me.

Like I said......shameless.:cool:
What’s an example of “larger companies to be paying tens of thousands of dollars per month for telecom services they no longer need or even use”?
Just curious...

Where were you a couple months ago? We are just now implementing SIP to save 60% on telecommunications. Money I get to hopefully spend elsewhere.

What’s an example of “larger companies to be paying tens of thousands of dollars per month for telecom services they no longer need or even use”?
Just curious...
City government is a classic example. Because of the numerous hats everyone has to wear in city government they simply don't assign this type of responsibility to anyone and it tends to be and "out of sight, out of mind" thing. For a city of 33,000, I found $9M in fraudulent billing dating 12 years back and obtained nearly $5M back for the client.

Anyone spending more than $10,000 per month on the combined total of communications utility services is likely to be paying for outdated services, services which are no longer in use, or services which are no longer cost effective. These services can be DIA (Direct Internet Access), PRI (Primary Rate Interface) for voice, Centrex, basic phone lines, dedicated phone lines, etc.

my guess is switching from site based to VOIP
VOIP is the single most mis-understood acronym the industry has ever seen. VOIP simply means Voice Over Internet Protocol and back 20 years ago when companies were spending huge amounts of money on long distance, they could use VOIP to reduce that cost; but it only applied to widely geographically dispersed headquarters where the company spent a ton of money for long distance between themselves. But when people started saving money on VOIP, everyone thought "well damn, give it to me", but it only helped a very small segment of industry.

Where were you a couple months ago? We are just now implementing SIP to save 60% on telecommunications. Money I get to hopefully spend elsewhere.
SIP (Session Initiated Protocol) can offer huge savings in the right circumstances. But even the companies who benefit from SIP typically still have a considerable numbers of services with the traditional carriers. These are the services which are usually a mess.