• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tell me what this is and I'll send you something.......

bfreebern said:

Hmmm, let me rephrase:  Wire Tie Loop End Ratchet Tool.

What is it used for?

Hint:  Yesterday I helped at Prairie Artisan Ales.

They probably use it to secure corks in bottles.

edir: haha...I need to be quicker I guess...damn work getting in the way!

Brickhouse said:
.....or securing corks into beer bottles.  :laugh:

DePasta said:

Hmmm, let me rephrase:  Wire Tie Loop End Ratchet Tool.

What is it used for?

Hint:  Yesterday I helped at Prairie Artisan Ales.

They probably use it to secure corks in bottles.

Yes and Yes.................how are the corks secured in the bottles and what would this tool do?

The wire cage is wrapped over top of the cork, and then the tool is used to twist the loop tight until it chokes the neck of the bottle.  Keeping the cork secure.

you put the cage on the bottle, insert the loop hook into the loop, pull back on the red handle while keeping pressure on the hook and it twists it all perty like.  Then you cut off the loop left over.

40325.jpg

Brickhouse said:
The wire cage is wrapped over top of the cork, and then the tool is used to twist the loop tight until it chokes the neck of the bottle.  Keeping the cork secure.

DePasta said:
you put the cage on the bottle, insert the loop hook into the loop, pull back on the red handle while keeping pressure on the hook and it twists it all perty like.  Then you cut off the loop left over.

40325.jpg

Good enough, LOL.  It's used to manually tie a muselet on the top of beer/champagne/etc, it ratchets and ties the muselet to keep the cork from popping:

free-belt-muselet.jpg

Both of you send me your address and I'll get you something in the mail.

I have to say, I learned something today.......and if I ultimately didn't get it right, then I had another suggestion for its purpose ready.

Shoot, I was going to jump in on this one as I thought that I knew for sure what it was for but I guess I've been using it wrong all these years….. it's not a nut scratching tool!

Light this! said:
Shoot, I was going to jump in on this one as I thought that I knew for sure what it was for but I guess I've been using it wrong all these years….. it's not a nut scratching tool!

Not sure how many squirrels you have around your house Kris, but they don't take kindly to anyone scratching their nuts.