• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Temp issue on new wineador New Air AW 180e Unit

comptalk

So I purchased a New Air AW 180e for some of my cigar boxes. I also picked up another Cigar Oasis Plus for the unit. However, I cannot seem to get the temp over 66 degrees with 60% humidity. Am I missing something here in the setup?

comptalk said:
So I purchased a New Air AW 180e for some of my cigar boxes. I also picked up another Cigar Oasis Plus for the unit. However, I cannot seem to get the temp over 66 degrees with 60% humidity. Am I missing something here in the setup?
Not sure with the limited information.

How full is it? With what? Boxes? Singles, Trays?  What did you move the contents from?

How long have you been waiting for temp/RH to stabilize?

Can't get it _over_ 66 degrees at it's highest setting? What is the temp in the room?

Lot of help available in this forum, but we need full info to help you get further down the road.

FWIW, I tend to think it takes a good week or two to get an initial setting, and probably several months to truly settle in.

Tell us more about your setup, timing, etc.

It has three boxes of cigars in it.  However, one of the boxes is the OpusX Opus 22 2013 sealed box.  It’s taking up a lot of space.  I am thinking it may be best to open up the Opus 22 unit and just place the coffins into the wineador.  The other two are regular cigar boxes and a few singles.  I have ordered the cedar trays, but they will not be here for a few weeks.

The room temp is around 70.  It’s been curing a few days.  Temp. and humidity % is now at 67%  

The unit has a high of 66° preset, this can not be adjusted. Humidity of 67% is just fine.

Temp of 67and RH of 67 is just about where I want mine.

If it were me, I would leave any sealed boxes/coffins sealed.

You don't want rapid change, and the box will act as somewhat of a stabilizer/flywheel to prevent rapid changes in temp and RH from occurring,

Don't forget, you are only measuring the RH and temp of the air at one point in the box, and at one point in time.

If you have not done so, suggest you calibrate your hygrometer. Everyone has their preferred method for doing so, mine is to use a standard large boveda pack as close to the RH I want to hold as I can pick up, put it inside of two ziploc bags for 36 hours actually inside the wineador in order to be at the same temp.

Take your time, give it days for the wineador to settle in, and days to settle in if you make a change.

These things fluctuate a bit, the cigars have to stabilize, the boxes/trays have to stabilize.

Take it easy, give it time, then more time.

Will do thanks. As for the Opus X 22 2013 humidor; since it takes up so much room in the wineador, do you guys think it is best to open it up and only store the coffins on the wineador so I have room for other boxes and cigars?

comptalk said:
Will do thanks. As for the Opus X 22 2013 humidor; since it takes up so much room in the wineador, do you guys think it is best to open it up and only store the coffins on the wineador so I have room for other boxes and cigars?
That's what I would do.

Anyone know where I can get some cedar shelves to replace the metal bottle rests?

Yea, I was hoping for another option. Didn't want to have to wait months for a few shelves.

I suggest you wait a couple of months before making a final decision due to space concerns.

As a practical matter, I suggest you consider using boxes and trays with no shelves. stack trays on top of each other and those on top of boxes.

Shelves will only take up more space and limit space between trays/boxes.

Cram that sucker full of cigars in boxes/trays and you may well be better off and have more useable space with no shelves.

A thought, anyhow.

personal User said:
I suggest you wait a couple of months before making a final decision due to space concerns.

As a practical matter, I suggest you consider using boxes and trays with no shelves. stack trays on top of each other and those on top of boxes.

Shelves will only take up more space and limit space between trays/boxes.

Cram that sucker full of cigars in boxes/trays and you may well be better off and have more useable space with no shelves.

A thought, anyhow.

Based on my experience with my wineadors, shelves are a must. They do not take much space and makes it easier to manage the boxes. I usually stack boxes behind other boxes and it's way easier to get to them if you don't have everything piled up on one consecutive row. My .02.

Thank you for your post, you as usual make an excellent point. Well, it was late and maybe I say what I was thinking as well as I might have. :whistling:  My wife says I have a bad habit of this.

Even so, he possibly would do better with just one shelf - if so wire would be fine and help with the circulation.

FWIW, in my 28 bottle wineador, I have two shelves 11 inches apart and wouldn't be using the top shelf if I didn't have a fan that sits between the wires.

On the 173 bottle unit I have 5 shelves averaging 11 inches apart.

I was thinking about the more limited space in a 14 bottle unit, and realizing that he needs to maximize space.

After thinking about it, I would have made a better post if I had said "take some time, probably can get by with one shelf (maybe leave it wire), maybe none."

Just need one or two shelves at the top for the singles and coffins.  Anyone know where to buy?

So, for some reason, my wineador is having a very high humidity. The only thing in there is the cigar oasis with distilled water. The wineador is ranging from 74% - 78%. Two of my recent Cuban purchases had very high humidity cigars.

I am very concerned. What should I do? Should I remove the Cigar Oasis? Only use beads? I am very concerned. I have the temp of the wineador at 65.

I removed the two boxes that were over humidified and it's been holding around 69%. Any suggestions on what to do with the two boxes with high humidity? Freezer? Fridge? Call company and complain?