• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ten New Cigar Box Clocks For Sale

This is fucking ridiculous.

And just since we're nitpicking and getting all anal about the details, the rule that was quoted earlier says to set a price and sell it, but does not specify that the price must be posted publicly. Sure, that's traditionally the way we've done things, but it's not an actual "rule". Wade's been around long enough and has proven that he's not a scammer or out to selectively rip off members, so why don't we just drop the bullshit excuses for trying to call him out and just get to the point and have at it.

Maybe we can start an exclusive sub-forum where people can go ahead and start entire threads to call each other out and get in their girl-fights. That way it won't keep cluttering up the rest of the board.

Gonz Wade has ripped of plenty of members on this board, myself included. And I don't know how asking for free cigar boxes, adding a $5 clock, and selling it for $40 is not ripping off this community. And I guess selling cigars that were gifted to him is not looked down upon here either?? It seems that Wade is trying to benefit from the generosity of this community, and I don't like that.

Brandon

Interesting information. I was not personally aware that he was re-selling gifted boxes without consent of the sender. I wonder how much he is making per hour if you figure it takes probably 15 mintues (or less for a skilled craftsman) to make one... :whistling:
I BEG you to find someone who sent me boxes for nothing, that didn't give me consent to turn them into clocks and sell them. I've never asked for free boxes once on this site or any other, any time I've asked for a box(s) I've always sent something to cover the cost and shipping or whatever the person sending the box was asking for it. If you're going to make accusations like this Brandon, you better have the ammunition to back it up, same for you Drew.

Well, from the sounds of it, hojadepuro has in some way shape or form helped you acquire a box. I commented on it because this is the first that I have heard from somebody who (from the sounds of it) sent you a box and isn't OK with you putting $5 worth of parts into it and re-selling it for $40.

In either event, I don't think the entire issue is you being sent boxes for nothing, it is a BOTL profiting from another BOTL. For example. Say if I purchase or trade an Anejo from another member. I come up with a clever idea to attach a clock to it (worth $5), to make it a cigar-clock. Would it be right for me to sell it for $40? I admit that is a pretty far-fetched comparison, and it sounds downright stupid, but if you think for a minute...what are you doing differently?

What difference does it make even if someone did give him the boxes? So what!! It seems that every time Wade has something to say or sell on this forum he gets his ass slammed. I have only had a few dealings with Wade but he has always been stand-up to me if he has screwed you in the past speak up or leave him alone. This is some child-like behavior guys. As far as the Clocks go either buy one or don't it doesn't matter if he is charging 250 dollars for them. It is starting to sound like a bash Wade every time he post. He is a good craftsman and is proud of his work I would be too.

Did you even read my post? Do you know what a BOTL is?

Would you be mad if you gifted me cigars or a cigar box and I re-sold it for a PROFIT?

I read plenty of this board but the the only time I see some of you post is when its a pile on. If you think he charges too much or they are tacky, go make your own clock the way you want it. After all it's only a cigar box and $5 worth of parts, right? Damn, some of you whine way too much.

And just since we're nitpicking and getting all anal about the details, the rule that was quoted earlier says to set a price and sell it, but does not specify that the price must be posted publicly. Sure, that's traditionally the way we've done things, but it's not an actual "rule". Wade's been around long enough and has proven that he's not a scammer or out to selectively rip off members, so why don't we just drop the bullshit excuses for trying to call him out and just get to the point and have at it.

Maybe we can start an exclusive sub-forum where people can go ahead and start entire threads to call each other out and get in their girl-fights. That way it won't keep cluttering up the rest of the board.

Gonz Wade has ripped of plenty of members on this board, myself included. And I don't know how asking for free cigar boxes, adding a $5 clock, and selling it for $40 is not ripping off this community. And I guess selling cigars that were gifted to him is not looked down upon here either?? It seems that Wade is trying to benefit from the generosity of this community, and I don't like that.

Brandon

Interesting information. I was not personally aware that he was re-selling gifted boxes without consent of the sender. I wonder how much he is making per hour if you figure it takes probably 15 mintues (or less for a skilled craftsman) to make one... :whistling:
I BEG you to find someone who sent me boxes for nothing, that didn't give me consent to turn them into clocks and sell them. I've never asked for free boxes once on this site or any other, any time I've asked for a box(s) I've always sent something to cover the cost and shipping or whatever the person sending the box was asking for it. If you're going to make accusations like this Brandon, you better have the ammunition to back it up, same for you Drew.

Well, from the sounds of it, hojadepuro has in some way shape or form helped you acquire a box. I commented on it because this is the first that I have heard from somebody who (from the sounds of it) sent you a box and isn't OK with you putting $5 worth of parts into it and re-selling it for $40.

In either event, I don't think the entire issue is you being sent boxes for nothing, it is a BOTL profiting from another BOTL. For example. Say if I purchase or trade an Anejo from another member. I come up with a clever idea to attach a clock to it (worth $5), to make it a cigar-clock. Would it be right for me to sell it for $40? I admit that is a pretty far-fetched comparison, and it sounds downright stupid, but if you think for a minute...what are you doing differently?

What difference does it make even if someone did give him the boxes? So what!! It seems that every time Wade has something to say or sell on this forum he gets his ass slammed. I have only had a few dealings with Wade but he has always been stand-up to me if he has screwed you in the past speak up or leave him alone. This is some child-like behavior guys. As far as the Clocks go either buy one or don't it doesn't matter if he is charging 250 dollars for them. It is starting to sound like a bash Wade every time he post. He is a good craftsman and is proud of his work I would be too.

Would you be mad if you gifted me cigars or a cigar box and I re-sold it for a PROFIT?

Andrew if I give it someone I don't give a F$&k what you do with it. If was a gift!!! Smoke-it, Eat-it, or Shit-it, or Sell-it I would not care it was yours. And yes I know what a BOTL is. Every time you give someone something do you ask what their intention is? To use it or trash it or maybe return it. It doesn't matter is was a GIFT you gave it. But this is not the point eveytime Wade has something to say or sell he gets slammed. That is the point! Wade fess up whose sister did you knock up?

EDIT to change BTL to BOTL sorry for the confusion guys I can see where you would be mislead.

It does matter.
Linky

If the price is too high...the board helps out. Rod's statement in the link refers to a cigar situation. Whether it's with smokes or something else, I'm sure the board will address it accordingly.

I don't like the fact that the cigar clock's are being sold or traded on a CONTINUING BASIS
I don't like the fact that the cigar clock's are being sold or traded on a CONTINUING BASIS (as a hobby)- it gives the apperance of a business. Wade said it wasn't - fine. But to not post a price - that was what my original question was about - lead to more discussion.

If someone sells or trades an item on occasion....that happens. When it's a Hobby turned into profit....it's a business.

If it's said other wise....it's bull! 2 clocks in 1 hour at $35ea. - a box is $5 and the parts say $10=$15.
$15+$5 to ship out=$20....what's the other $15...labor?

I don't charge for labor to pack and ship what I send out...am I suppose too? $15 is profit - or labor...it's a business.

Fine - it's a business....don't call it a hobby.
If it's a business - what's the resale number, that taxes can be filed.

At LEAST, call it what it is....a business.

And that thing with Sam....interesting!

Brandon

Andrew if I give it someone I don't give a F{:content:}amp;k what you do with it. If was a gift!!! Smoke-it, Eat-it, or Shit-it, or Sell-it I would not care it was yours. And yes I know what a BTL is. Every time you give someone something do you ask what their intention is? To use it or trash it or maybe return it. It doesn't matter is was a GIFT you gave it. But this is not the point eveytime Wade has something to say or sell he gets slammed. That is the point! Wade fess up whose sister did you knock up?

Who said anything about a Between the Lines? :rolleyes:

Good to see a few people showing their true colors in this thread.

*updates list* :whistling:

edit for spellin'

It does matter.
Linky

If the price is too high...the board helps out. Rod's statement in the link refers to a cigar situation. Whether it's with smokes or something else, I'm sure the board will address it accordingly.

I don't like the fact that the cigar clock's are being sold or traded on a CONTINUING BASIS
I don't like the fact that the cigar clock's are being sold or traded on a CONTINUING BASIS (as a hobby)- it gives the apperance of a business. Wade said it wasn't - fine. But to not post a price - that was what my original question was about - lead to more discussion.

If someone sells or trades an item on occasion....that happens. When it's a Hobby turned into profit....it's a business.

If it's said other wise....it's bull! 2 clocks in 1 hour at $35ea. - a box is $5 and the parts say $10=$15.

I don't charge for labor to pack and ship what I send out...am I suppose too? $15 is profit - or labor...it's a business.

With all due respect, I dont think its of anyones business what Wade or ANYONE chooses to charge for labor. We are welcome to take our business elsewhere. No one is holding a gun to anyones head and making them buy something. What makes Wade's sitaution any different from say a car mechanic? If you take tyour car to someone and their rates are too high, you go somewhere else. If someone wants to start making clocks and undercutting wades prices then go right ahead and do it.

It does matter.
Linky

Thank you for looking out for my interest but I shop around for the best deal when looking for a cigar clock. As for the "Sam thing" I would not care to comment. Do you have a sister?

It does matter.
Linky

Thank you for looking out for my interest but I shop around for the best deal when looking for a cigar clock. As for the "Sam thing" I would not care to comment. Do you have a sister?

Now when did you find it appropriate to bring the Man's family into this?

It does matter.
Linky

Now when did you find it appropriate to bring the Man's family into this?

:sign:

Sorry all you tictoc apologists. I don't like wade. I haven't liked the way he's conducted himself here since the beginning. I think he's a smarmy grasper and he is after status he has not in the least bit earned. He has been taken to task by various people because of the things he has done and tried to do as well as for things he has said. If the newbs want to carry his water for him that's fine, some of you may "get it" some may never "get it". If I think you're a good guy I'll say so. If I think your a bad guy I'll say so. tictoc is not a good guy.

NA

It does matter.
Linky

With all due respect, I dont think its of anyones business what Wade or ANYONE chooses to charge for labor. We are welcome to take our business elsewhere. No one is holding a gun to anyones head and making them buy something. What makes Wade's sitaution any different from say a car mechanic? If you take tyour car to someone and their rates are too high, you go somewhere else. If someone wants to start making clocks and undercutting wades prices then go right ahead and do it.

The point - ok - THE POINT is...TO ME...that a hobby has turned into a BUSINESS.

If the good BOTL steps up and says it's that...then there is no issue. The sale of cigar clock appears under the guise of a HOBBY.

It's NOT about whether or not he charges for labor or just plain profit.
It is the undelieing assumption of being a buiness that is troubling.

You can run number anyway you like, you can have great trades and wonderful herfs...fine - Wade's a great guy.

This is a very good community...and not just an ebay or yahoo web forum.

Does that clear the wool...or do we have to start a 'marketing and business' thread?

Remember - this thread started by a sale without a price...c'mon - the guys been here long enough and has been on and read as many or more threads than I have....yet, I'm the one you has to ask for a price. Interesting!

It does matter.
Linky

Do you know your father?

opps - no drama....sorry, 'bout that!

It does matter.
Linky

So Jeff, how do you shop around for the best deal on cigar clocks if the vendor refuses to post a price?

Would you ever buy ANYTHING from a business who didn't put prices on their merchandise?

You can paint lipstick on the pig. But it still is what it is... ;)

So Jeff, how do you shop around for the best deal on cigar clocks if the vendor refuses to post a price?

Would you ever buy ANYTHING from a business who didn't put prices on their merchandise?

Reality check... the clocks were not intended for anyone other than those that would buy them. If you need to ask the price - you don't need the clock... :cool:

Reality check... the clocks were not intended for anyone other than those that would buy them. If you need to ask the price - you don't need the clock...

Isn't that how the fancy restaurants work? If you need to ask the price on a bottle of wine or the lobster bisque, you're in the wrong place?! ;)

---John Holmes...

:D im glad some of these people dont come into my restaurant or i would be in it deep for charging to cook the food. :D