• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ten Year Anniversary CP Member Scavenger Hunt

mjolnir01

El Cañón de Latón
Alright Cigar Passers, I just hit my 10 year anniversary of membership here on 01 Jun. I love this forum. You guys and gals have taught me so much over the years and the generosity of this place is awe-inspiring. It keeps me logging in, day after day. Thanks to each and every one of you for being here and making this place what it is.

In the spirit of generosity, I think I'm well-overdue for another semi-patented Member Scavenger Hunt! Get ready to use the search function--it is your friend after all...

Open to all members in good standing--no asshats--who have joined 09 Apr 18 or before. I reserve the right of final judgement on all answers. Prize will be a fiver(ish) of some dog rockets scraped out of the bottom of my winedor.

Seven questions:

1. Caesar (CMontoya79 and one of my last scavenger hunt winners) had a great avatar early in his membership here: a Bassett Hound with a cigar in its mouth. He and his family recently had their beloved Bassett cross the rainbow bridge... what was his name?

2. When I joined Cigar Pass in '08, where did I live? Looking for country but also region/locale/local political division (like state, province, or county) within said country.

3. Which old member advocated antifreeze usage in the humidor, and thus created one of Cigar Pass's best punchlines?

4. Which member, an English-teaching refugee from another cigar forum, has an almost-fetishistic obsession with the Pepin-made San Cristobal Fabulosos?

5. Besides accidentally running into someone at JJ Fox, who's the only member of Cigar Pass I've ever been able to meet up with for smokes?

6. Which former-Army officer member of Cigar Pass deployed to Paktika province in 2012?

7. Which now-inactive member serendipitously ran into the previously-said officer at the Outlaw and gifted him a pre-deployment DE Feral Flying Pig, only to be figured out later on?

Congrats on the Anniversary. Thanks for the contest and providing a distraction from the work I'm supposed to be doing.

Congrats!

This feels like an episode of the game "you can't win!"
:D

Congratulations on the decade. I think I know a few of these, so I may just dig into the search engine and see if I'm correct. Best of luck to all who partake!

Think I got them?

1. Caesar (CMontoya79 and one of my last scavenger hunt winners) had a great avatar early in his membership here: a Bassett Hound with a cigar in its mouth. He and his family recently had their beloved Bassett cross the rainbow bridge... what was his name?

Santana

2. When I joined Cigar Pass in '08, where did I live? Looking for country but also region/locale/local political division (like state, province, or county) within said country.

RAF Mildenhall, England

3. Which old member advocated antifreeze usage in the humidor, and thus created one of Cigar Pass's best punchlines?

Lumberg

4. Which member, an English-teaching refugee from another cigar forum, has an almost-fetishistic obsession with the Pepin-made San Cristobal Fabulosos?

Not a Nice Person

5. Besides accidentally running into someone at JJ Fox, who's the only member of Cigar Pass I've ever been able to meet up with for smokes?

Spad31

6. Which former-Army officer member of Cigar Pass deployed to Paktika province in 2012?

Kid Montana

7. Which now-inactive member serendipitously ran into the previously-said officer at the Outlaw and gifted him a pre-deployment DE Feral Flying Pig, only to be figured out later on?

Leftyposthole

Thanks for the sweet contest and congrats on the anniversary

My answers

1. Cmontoyas beloved basset. Santana
  2. Where Barry lives upon joining? RAF Mildenhall, Bury Saint Edmunds, IP28 8EJ, UK
  3. Lumberg used low tox antifreeze with great results
  4. Not a nice person loves his Fabulosos
  5. Spad31
  6. Kid Montana
  7. Leftyposthole

Great effort, guys... both 5 of 7.

A hint on one: I was stationed at Mildenhall, but we didn't live on base... we actually lived in two different towns in our almost 3 years there. Both were in the same county.

Congrats on the anniversary. I’ll be approaching a decade here also in December. Time flies!

I think I knew the same 5/7 here. I’m gonna let others play :) search IS your friend, however, you do gotta know where to look.

Okay here goes!

1. Santana

2. Bury Saint Edmunds in St Edmundsbury district, in the county of Suffolk, England

3. Ludwigs

4. Boar (Not A Nice Person)

5. MichaelD

6. Kid Montana

7. Leftyposthole

2. Where Barry lives upon joining? Bury Saint Edmunds in St Edmundsbury district, in the county of Suffolk, England
  5. MichaelD
  6. Kid Montana
  7. Leftyposthole

2. Where Barry lives upon joining? Bury Saint Edmunds in St Edmundsbury district, in the county of Suffolk, England
  5. MichaelD
  6. Kid Montana
  7. Leftyposthole
The contest is in the books! Brian gets 7/7!

Thanks to all who played. It's always a great time paying forward the generosity of Cigar Pass.

OH MAN! This is cool! Thank you for the contest, it's quite unique. Sometimes search is not your friend :mad:... I read so many posts though which was entertaining to say the least. There have been some "interesting" folks walking these halls for sure. It is amazing at how much knowledge lives in this forum. Thanks again.

Package landed safe and sound. Thanks for great selection. I look forward to the weekend!