• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Thank God it's Over

theorangeman

Since following Syracuse Football since '89, I've never experienced such a pain staking season. Over the years I've had a lot to cheer about, but the last couple years, especially this year (1-10), was just painful to watch.

I kept watching this year thinking that at some point, something has got to give, but it never did. I watched 9 of the 11 games (and even listened to one on the internet) and it was like a bad dream which kept happening over and over and over. The only redeeming thing about the experience is that I got a chance to smoke a lot of good sticks during the lynching this season. I figured, the least I can do is fire up some of my better smokes if I'm going to watch 3 1/2 hours of inept football. Oh well, there's always basketball season (however, we've already lost 2 games) ???

Oh well, not that anyone here probably cares a lick about Syracuse football, but after watching our 10th loss (and nine in a row), I just had to vent... ok, I feel better. :)

When you lose to UCONN, thing ain't good LOL!! :laugh: Sorry but you guys SUCK!! :sign: At least we can beat South Florida!! Your win over Buffalo doesn't count because they're reallly a IAA team. :laugh: If you had a REAL game instead of them, you'd be 0-11. :sign:

GO HUSKIES !!!

We'll kick your a$$ in basketball too! :laugh: :thumbs:

Hmmmm... I tend to think that when you watch your team go 1-10 and even lose to UConn in the same year, you're quite aware that you suck, but then again, this is coming from a Huskie Fan. ;)

:laugh: At least we won four games :laugh: More than I can say for Syracuse :sign:

Lee said:
Go Hokies :laugh:
[snapback]254911[/snapback]​

I agree! The stadium was rocking in 35* temps last night. I live about a mile away from Lane Stadium, and usually cannot hear the crowd during a game. Last night, you could almost feel the crowd that far away.

Yeah I know what you mean Orangemen. The Vols season was very disappointing after some people picked them to win the SEC. The coaching is waisting the talent, IMO.

Oh yeah, the Vols season actually might have been more frustrating for a fan than the Syracuse season :0

At least we knew we were in for probably a long season and had fairly low expectations. We're rebuilding the program which will take time. However, for you guys, the expectations were much higher, which always hurts. Oh well, there's always next year, right?

theorangeman said:
CCat, did you do some heavy drinking again tonight? :whistling:
[snapback]254900[/snapback]​

I gotta be honest... I wouldn't be drawing too many sober breaths if I was a Syracuse fan... :whistling:

bmd34202 said:
Hey, don't leave us Seminoles out! We had a great year. /cry

:sign:

:(
[snapback]254997[/snapback]​

Ya looked great against Florida yesterday! :thumbs:

And ya lost to CLEMSON? ??? :sign:

theorangeman said:
I've never experienced such a pain staking season.
[snapback]254891[/snapback]​

try living here:

not only do we get crappy weather, we have to hang our head in shame over the football team...

:whistling:

In Tucson, AZ, we've felt this way for the past 10 years. Thank God football season is over and basketball is here!

I feel the pain as well. We started out strong but lost the last two. Including not even putting up much of a fight against our in-state rival. Oh well,we are a really young team and have been recruiting pretty good. Looking forward to the 2007 season.Hopefully we will get to play the Seminoles in the Peach Bowl their offense looks as bad as ours. The highlight was beating a really bad UT team.At Bama when we beat UT we always have a victory cigar.Bear Bryant started the tradition back when we use to win alot.e

LeePitts said:
I feel the pain as well. We started out strong but lost the last two. Including not even putting up much of a fight against our in-state rival. Oh well,we are a really young team and have been recruiting pretty good. Looking forward to the 2007 season.Hopefully we will get to play the Seminoles in the Peach Bowl their offense looks as bad as ours. The highlight was beating a really bad UT team.At Bama when we beat UT we always have a victory cigar.Bear Bryant started the tradition back when we use to win alot.e
[snapback]255447[/snapback]​

Sooooooooooo, who DID win the Iron Bowl? :laugh:

Lee is using the political tactic of not mentioning your opponent's name. :p

So in the interest of not letting him get away with it here goes:
auburn-300.gif

AUBURN UNIVERSITY

'Bama still had a great year but unfortunately for the Crimson Tide, Auburn had an awesome year.

I still can't believe that LSU and Georgia will be playing for the SEC title.

I would not say that the barn had an awesome year. They are sitting here at 9-2 as well. On the outside looking in. I will give them credit though,they are a pretty good looking football team. Unfortunately we had some rogue boosters that thought they would help the university. The sanctions opened up the door for the barn to recruit some kids that would normally be at Alabama. It's OK,we got our numbers back and by 2007 we should be back at full strength. I hope... ;) At leat we beat the VOLS

LeePitts said:
I would not say that the barn had an awesome year. They are sitting here at 9-2 as well. On the outside looking in. I will give them credit though,they are a pretty good looking football team. Unfortunately we had some rogue boosters that thought they would help the university. The sanctions opened up the door for the barn to recruit some kids that would normally be at Alabama. It's OK,we got our numbers back and by 2007 we should be back at full strength. I hope... ;) At least we beat the VOLS
[snapback]255513[/snapback]​

LOL! :laugh:

Who DIDN'T beat Tennessee this year?(Oh, that's right LSU :sign: )

Auburn only had one conference loss (a BS one to LSU) as opposed to 'Bama who had two (LSU and Auburn) and they got shocked by Ga Tech. which unfortunately happens. They beat the crap out of everyone else (except Georgia) BUT the did BEAT Georgia (hell even South Carolina almost beat Georgia). I think Georgia is overrated and lucky. I dunno, Auburn looked awfully good in the Iron Bowl. That was the only Auburn game I saw this year and again, they looked tough.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not an Auburn fan, I'm a GATORS fan and I also like South Carolina (so long as they're not playing the Gators). USC got a bad draw on this year's schedule, the two teams they played from the SEC West were:

Alabama :0
Auburn :0

I agree Bill. Everybody beat us this year. I bet if that kid in Memphis had played when we played them then they would have beaten us too. We got David Cutcliffe back though so we will see next year.