• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Thank God it's Over

are UT fans excited about having Cutclffe back? I have heard alot of people question his ability with no Manning support. Although, I would gladly trade a Dave Rader for Coach Cut in a minute.I hope that our rivalry soon returns to a more civil one and all the bad blood gets gone.The UT game is questionably the most important game of the year for us. If you ask 50% they will say UT the other 50% the barn. Nothing like the third Saturday in October(4th now?)

From the Gators standpoint, their "Big Three" are:
Florida State (no $hit :laugh: )
Georgia
Tennessee

2005 was the first year they won ALL of their "Big Three" in quite some time. Not that the Gators are a powerhouse this year but Tennessee was horrible and Georgia and Florida State weren't that impressive this year.

I STILL like Tennessee beating LSU! :laugh:

:sign:

Lee, why do you think that so many 'Bama fans view the Tennessee game as so significant? I would have figured Auburn would be by far the most important game on 'Bama's schedule since you're both in the SEC West and naturally the whole in-state rival thing like Clemson/South Carolina, etc.

Yeah Lee it is especially big for me because my best friend is a huge Bama fan. I don't understand the bad blood thing though. I don't hate Bama but my buddy cannot stand UT. It is a very exciting game around here. The other big one for us is Bill's d**n Gators. Now I do hate them. :p

The bad blood thing results from some Bama fans that think they were done wrong by Fulmer. They think that because he turned them in for illegal recruiting that he is the evil one. I try not to get to caught up in that,but I do go to the rivals web site a good bit and there is a lot of smack between the two. I personally think it has more to do with the fact that he kicked our butt for like 8 or 9 years in a row.

coventrycat if you told me before the year started that the Gators would win those 3 games I would have thought they would be in the national championship game. Florida is a hard team to figure out.

tdog said:
Yeah Lee it is especially big for me because my best friend is a huge Bama fan. I don't understand the bad blood thing though. I don't hate Bama but my buddy cannot stand UT. It is a very exciting game around here. The other big one for us is Bill's d**n Gators. Now I do hate them. :p
[snapback]255940[/snapback]​

LOL!!!! I guess you and KayakinBoy crossed me off your Christmas card list! :laugh:

How'd UT do against South Carolina this year? :laugh:

Sorry, I couldn't resist!! Again, I'm still grateful that UT ruined LSU's season this year! :thumbs:

Go Vols!!!

LeePitts said:
The bad blood thing results from some Bama fans that think they were done wrong by Fulmer. They think that because he turned them in for illegal recruiting that he is the evil one. I try not to get to caught up in that,but I do go to the rivals web site a good bit and there is a lot of smack between the two. I personally think it has more to do with the fact that he kicked our butt for like 8 or 9 years in a row.

coventrycat if you told me before the year started that the Gators would win those 3 games I would have thought they would be in the national championship game. Florida is a hard team to figure out.
[snapback]255942[/snapback]​
Yeah, then they go and lose to South Carolina and LSU :rolleyes: I'm actually kind of interested in USC footbal now that Spurrier is their head coach.

Oh oh, I'll bet tdog's gonna want to throw ANOTHER brick at me! :laugh:

I don't know that I hate Florida as much as I hate Spurrier. That SC loss was the worst one.
When you lose to Florida, Georgia, now Bama, you kinda expect that that could happen. But when USC and Vandy bets ya, Then you consider it a really bad season.

That second half at LSU was the best half of football all year and probably the only good ball we played all year except coming back against ND and then it fell apart.

coventrycat86 said:
[snapback]255944[/snapback]​

Only if Spurrier were standing next to you. :sign:

But I wouldn't be aimin at you Bill. :love:

LeePitts said:
are UT fans excited about having Cutclffe back?
[snapback]255932[/snapback]​

I am excited about it. I think he was the backbone of our Peyton years and the '98 championship with Tee Martin. He is first class. I wish he was the head coach. Hell now Bama and UT fans can agree on one thing-- Exit stage left for Fulmer. :D

tdog said:
I don't know that I hate Florida as much as I hate Spurrier. That SC loss was the worst one.
When you lose to Florida, Georgia, now Bama, you kinda expect that that could happen. But when USC and Vandy bets ya, Then you consider it a really bad season.

That second half at LSU was the best half of football all year and probably the only good ball we played all year except coming back against ND and then it fell apart.
[snapback]255946[/snapback]​
Oh I know, that Vandy loss had to hurt :( I'm also a Penn State fan so I love to see ND lose :laugh: Even though they don't play each other anymore, I still have some hard feeling from days gone by! :laugh:

tdog said:
coventrycat86 said:
[snapback]255944[/snapback]​

Only if Spurrier were standing next to you. :sign:

But I wouldn't be aimin at you Bill. :love:
[snapback]255947[/snapback]​
LMAO!! :laugh:

Oh yeah I am a JoePa fan. Anyone who can be not just competitive but in contention at his age has to be respected.

You realize that if the unthinkable happens and UCLA beats USC, then Colorado beats Texas, Penn State will be ranked #1.

Speaking of Penn State, they WON the Big Ten this year and are going to the ROSE BOWL!!!!

However, they are ranked third in the BCS so if UCLA beats Southern Cal. this weekend, Penn State could play Texas for the national championship!! :thumbs:

So this weekend, I'm a UCLA fan:

GO BRUINS

EDIT: "BCS" not "BSC" :blush:

Doh!

coventrycat86 said:
Speaking of Penn State, they WON the Big Ten this year and are going to the ROSE BOWL!!!!

However, they are ranked third in the BSC so if UCLA beats Southern Cal. this weekend, Penn State could play Texas for the national championship!! :thumbs:

So this weekend, I'm a UCLA fan:

GO BRUINS
[snapback]255962[/snapback]​

Yeah, me too. Go Bruins!!!

tdog said:
Oh yeah I am a JoePa fan. Anyone who can be not just competitive but in contention at his age has to be respected.

You realize that if the unthinkable happens and UCLA beats USC, then Colorado beats Texas, Penn State will be ranked #1.
[snapback]255961[/snapback]​

Yeah, our posts crossed. Hey, all Penn State needs is ONE of those miracles to occur and they're in the national championship game!! Honestly though, I don't see ANY way at all Texas will lose and UCLA beating USC is a long shot :(

Oh well, Penn State and JoePa can be proud of their season this year especially considering last year's debacle. :0

I think the SEC is probably the toughest football conference in the country followed by the Big Ten.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this? ???

Oh yeah, SEC is the toughest, IMO. But I live here and may be a little biased. That said, it sure is nice to hear someone outside the SEC area to say that.

Here is how I rank them:

SEC
Big 10
Pac 10
ACC
Big 12
Big East
Mac
Wac

Prob forget one. But when you get that low It doesn't matter. :p

tdog said:
Oh yeah, SEC is the toughest, IMO. But I live here and may be a little biased. That said, it sure is nice to hear someone outside the SEC area to say that.

Here is how I rank them:

SEC
Big 10
Pac 10
ACC
Big 12
Big East
Mac
Wac

Prob forget one. But when you get that low It doesn't matter. :p
[snapback]255973[/snapback]​

Ya know, I agree with you EXCEPT I'd put the Big 12 ahead of the ACC. There are some years where overall, the Big 12 surpasses the Big Ten and can give the SEC a run for the money but this year was not one of them. I also don't think much of the ACC this year.

Think about this:

UT beats LSU, loses to Florida, Bama, Georgia, USC, Vandy
LSU beats Auburn, Florida,Bama and could beat Georgia in the SEC Championship.
LSU loses to UT
Florida beats Georgia and UT, loses to LSU, USC, and Bama
Georgia beats UT and USC, loses to Florida and Auburn
Bama beats UT, USC, Florida, loses to Auburn and LSU
Auburn beats USC, Georgia, Auburn, loses to LSU

That is parody right there.

Sanders was the OC for the championship team. Well, for that one game anyhow.He should have some tools to work with. That Johnathon Crumpton was a good looking high school QB. I bet Cutcliffe gets him to progress into a good one.
tdog said:
LeePitts said:
are UT fans excited about having Cutclffe back?
[snapback]255932[/snapback]​

I am excited about it. I think he was the backbone of our Peyton years and the '98 championship with Tee Martin. He is first class. I wish he was the head coach. Hell now Bama and UT fans can agree on one thing-- Exit stage left for Fulmer. :D
[snapback]255954[/snapback]​