• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Thank you so much CP--A request for your thoughts

Anthem

Stay Thankful
Family,

I have a great Uncle who was a mentor to me when I was young. Uncle John.

Last night (Thursday), John went into respirator distress. They transferred him to the cardiac care unit where after a couple of hours he improved. Another round of tests proved a couple of blood clots broke off from somewhere and landed in his lung. The treatment is blood thinners which he cannot take because he has GI bleeding and other health issues. He and the Dr's. decided not to do a colonoscopy to see what the bleeding was all about. Too dangerous when there are no easy fixes and most too dangerous at his age (90) and health condition. He also has a lung infection, so they are giving him antibiotics. When asked if he wanted continued treatments, tests, surgery, he said no-- without having to think it over--I think he already had. I didn't have the heart at that time to ask if they knew how long etc.

In whatever way you think well, if you would please take a moment.

Since a lot of times we always talk about what our problems are, I also want to take a moment to say how blessed I am to have a wonderful wife and family. 90 good years is the most any of us could ask, and I am thankful and happy to have seen him have those.

Never take family for granted.

Sounds like Uncle John is a good man, enjoy your time with him.

Prayers sent.

Thoughts and prayers with you and Uncle John Matt. Aumen on being blessed with a wonderful wife and daughter here!

I hope you realize Peace, and that your Uncle is comfortable while being held in the hearts of all who love him.
He is fortunate to have a nephew who loves him.

Our prayers and positive thoughts are with you all...God bless your family.

Melly

I can't say that I can understand what you're feeling because I've never been through a situation like you are going through. I do know that your uncle is a lucky man to have a family that cares for and loves him as much as they do. My thoughts and prayers are with him, you, and your family at such a difficult time.

-Kyle

90 years is a pretty good run and while it is sad to lose someone you love, it really sucks to watch them suffer. I hope everything turns out well but either way, you have lots of support here.

Thoughts and prayers are with your Uncle John and also you and your family.

It's times like this that make you really value life and your time on this planet...

Thoughts are with you...

Hey my friend - my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

John

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
pray.gif

Herman

Matthew,

It sounds like you have things in perspective, and my thoughts go out to you, your uncle, and your family. I went through a similar situation with my mom last year. I think when it gets to a certain point, the pain and quality of life are just not worth the battle. Its hard in this day and age when we can keep our loved ones alive beyond what they may desire. And its near impossible to try wade through what is undoubtedly depression to some degree or another, to really ascertain what their wishes are, but when the time is right, I think everyone will know it. If now is the time, you and your uncle are blessed that you can spend time with each other, and say your goodbyes.. My heart goes out to you and your family.

- Phil

Since a lot of times we always talk about what our problems are, I also want to take a moment to say how blessed I am to have a wonderful wife and family. 90 good years is the most any of us could ask, and I am thankful and happy to have seen him have those.

Fine sentiments, those. I'm guessing your Uncle would be pleased to hear them and proud of you for saying them.

- Tim

No man can ask for more than to be remembered well by those who love him, and not to face his Final Faring alone, but in the company of kin. And no one is ever truly gone whose name is still on the lips and in the hearts of those whose lives he enriched.

Thoughts and prayers to you and yours.

~Boar

I'll be sure to say a prayer for you and your family tonight, Matt.