• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Thanks for the shared knowledge and laugh

Status
Not open for further replies.

dixieland_conjunction

If it isn't dixieland, it isn't REAL jazz
Not that I'm some reviered member or FOG by any means anyway...

I don't know what happened, but CP has turned into everything I praised it for not being when I joined.

Hopefully the assholes will disappear within the next few months. I'll check back then. However, at this rate, I'll never be back.

Regretfully,
BO

Dixie, it's part of the online way of life. It happens on every board, all of the time.

Try to be a little more thick-skinned and let it roll off of your back.

Okay, no answer to me query. I'll give it a pass on this one...

BUT

next turkey posting a tearful goodbye note calling unknown posters affholef I will be unloading on them. If you don't have the cajones to stay here and make things better or at least try to make things better then CP is better of without ya. I thought you were a stand up guy, Dixie...

Right is a minute, wrong is a lifetime.

NA

Dixie, I agree with you that we have gain more nuts than planters recently. I disagree that leaving solves anything. To each their own, but, leaving means they win!

Now somebody fill me in on what I missed! :)

I have to agree at least a little with Neal and others here on this one. If you have other reasons for taking a little break for a while then so be it. But saying your leaving to avoid others that are ruining the site is just making things worse for those still here. If we all left the place would be finished for sure. I for one have very much enjoyed and valued your participation in anything I was lucky enough to be a part of as well. I think it's a shame to leave for the wrong reasons.

I personally hadn't planned on being in any passes for a while, but thats just because its winter, personal financial priorities at the moment, and being lucky enough to have a pretty wide selection in my humi at the moment allready thanks to a lot of friends here on the site. I too have noticed a lot of problems with the site recently but I tend to not be all that vocal about it usually (not that thats a good thing). That doesn't mean I don't still enjoy the site or interacting with those that I know to be stand up people. The site can't be perfect, but I'll enjoy what I can and try not to get too bent out of shape over what I don't so much. I'll take what I can get and contribute where I can.

Take a break for a while and come back when you feel a little more refreshed. The site will only be worse though without you.

Yep!

These tearful good-bye threads just make one look like a........

I'm not going there! :D

Can anyone explain what Dixieland is complaining about?

I'm so confused; I thought this was a nice place.

Because I've received numerous eMails and PM's, I'll elaborate on what I'm refering to. I also must aknowledge that my first post is entirely tacky. I should have just left. I guess I'm just too lazy to PM those for which the message was actually intended. I appoligize for bringing my personal issue to the public arena.

I'd like to say that I came here for insight and to make a few friends. I succeded in that task famously. That is why topic was what was and not "fu#k you guys." I don't think that way at all. I have had a great time and have put up with the same RANDOM BS as the rest of you. My issue is that the BS seems waaay more regular of late. For the first half of my time here, the only big deal was that Sir Smokes was allegedly selling counterfits and gifted cigars. Shortly after that, I tore Sir Smokes a new asshole for not caring about his pass at all. Those were the only two incidents for a long time - and by the same guy - so really only one bad apple. I've just chosen not to deal with him, though currently I have no ill will against him at all.

Then there was the political ranting. No biggie. All the threads were entitled with some clue to let me stear clear.

Now the problem seems TO ME that we have a combination of people that just love to stir up stuff and people trying to profit from the community.

I don't think there is a single person on this board that would claim I'm here for gain. I love sharing the joy of cigars to they who appreciate it. I can think of no better venue to allow me to be selflessly generous than a closly-knit online community for BOTL. I cannot say I don't expect ANYTHING return for my bombs/trades/etc....but what I expect is the shared wisdom and aggregated experience of the ~50 active members. That's it. It doesn't cost y'all anything, I believe I'm sufficiently comensating the group, and we should all be happy.

From my perspective, the group isn't really holding up its end of the trade anymore. I know none sign a contract agreeing to my terms, but it is my perogative be be a member of the group for the reasons I choose.

I no longer have the titles like "George Bush is an idiot" to alarm me that I might not want to read a post. Lately, due to a few members, I have the perception that I am just as likely to find someone getting flamed in a political thread as in a "Cigar Cutters." I don't like worrying about it. I want the anomoly to be when someone says something rude. I don't mean to make it sound like every thread is flame jacked - they're not....but it has happened enough that I know it isn't so distant a possibility that the next one will be. That's just not for me. I signed up for a brotherly (and two-sisterly) community where we only share funny stories, write reviews, offer experience, and offer opposing opinions and points-of-view (not to be confused with the current flaming). This might seem unrealistic, but that is exactly how this board was when I joined in august - exactly. I praised it publicly and privately for be that way too. Every newbie got a genuine welcome from most active member. ...and that , again, is not to say newbies are not welcomed now, but we don't have the same family-like vibe as before (my inference). I would not complain about not having it that way if it hadn't been only 6 months ago.

SAAMCLEMMONS:

I expect that you might understand now that what I think is "wrong" about this site no is not with in my control. I cannot control others' behavior. I have no desire to repramand people for what I don't like - it isn't my right, and it isn't worth my energy to try. My mom taught me that "when I don't like someone's behavior, the best thing to do is walk away because you can only control your own" (and she would repeat "just walk away" for emphasis). So, based on everything I've said....CP probably IS better off without me (for now at least).

LEEBO:

I think it's clear we disagree on the importance of appearances...;) To each his own.

As I said before -thanks for the share knowledge and laughs. I've leared a few things from you two as well.

Cheers,
BO

Dixieland I also feal cp will be a lesser place if you leave, I personaly havent had the chance to get to know you very well, although I have enjoyed reading your posts and had the opp. to do a box split with you . You seem to be a very stand up guy , someone that cp needs more of not less!

I do hope that I have read something that you mispelled in that you are leaveing but if not you will be missed.

Randy :(

oops posted while I was typing sorry

dixieland_conjunction said:
I no longer have the titles like "George Bush is an idiot" to alarm me that I might not want to read a post. Lately, due to a few members, I have the perception that I am just as likely to find someone getting flamed in a political thread as in a "Cigar Cutters." I don't like worrying about it. I want the anomoly to be when someone says something rude. I don't mean to make it sound like every thread is flame jacked - they're not....but it has happened enough that I know it isn't so distant a possibility that the next one will be. That's just not for me. I signed up for a brotherly (and two-sisterly) community where we only share funny stories, write reviews, offer experience, and offer opposing opinions and points-of-view (not to be confused with the current flaming). This might seem unrealistic, but that is exactly how this board was when I joined in august - exactly. I praised it publicly and privately for be that way too. Every newbie got a genuine welcome from most active member. ...and that , again, is not to say newbies are not welcomed now, but we don't have the same family-like vibe as before (my inference). I would not complain about not having it that way if it hadn't been only 6 months ago.
I can see the point being made here!!! I too am not A FOG, but this is how it was just a short time ago when I joined the group and also what it is turning into as the days go by!!

Take care of yourself Dixie and I hope to see you back soon!!!

Phooey. Your first post here was selfish not tacky.

I agree. You should have just left.

The bs has increased because the membership has increased and guys are learning the ropes.

Your issues with Sir Smokes are everyones issues with him. Fair is fair.

Political ranting?? Really? Well, everyone has a colon, some less empty than others.

You're right. I love to stir up "stuff" but I don't get personal, I simply clarify questionable actions/comments and straighten crookeds. Bug squashing is a necessity.

People profiting from the community? How's that going to stop if everyone simply leaves? Somebody has to stand up and cry foul or it will go on and on.

The group can only hold up its end if the group REMAINS a group.

You're right, there is no contract to be signed. You're wrong if you think there is no contract.

Your idea of flaming and mine are two very different things. A discussion, however heated, about a trade, puts and takes, or bombing is not flaming. It is a necessary evil that keeps the integrity of this board and its members intact. Personal attacks on individual members is flaming and rare here. If you think someone is getting flamed then why not mention it to someone privately. I guarantee you it will be taken care of especially if it is me you happen to tell.

Of course it is your right to speak up if you don't like something. We don't live in a vacuum.

Take it easy, bud, you are wrong on nearly every point.

George Bush IS an idiot. I am a diehard republican and I know.

Gotta go read this "cigar cutter" thing now for my colon's sake.

NA

Why am I having deja vu......... :lookup:

Sorry to see you leaving Dixie. My mother told me lots of things, not all of the are true anymore, especially walking away. I have learned that leaving is not a solution to a problem, but I hope you find what it is you are searching for out there. We will most certainly be here to warmly welcome you back, as I am sure you were welcomed in the beginning. The newbie's, like me, need to be taught better. Lord knows SamCLemmons attempted to show me the right path.....to where I am unsure, but anyway....To make a short thread looooonnnggeeerrr, if you decide to leave take care and may God continue to bless your days, and we look forward to your return..Via con dios mi compadre'!!!

P.S. Why didn't someone tell me about Sir-Smokes-a-lot? I was his SS....Boy you take a break for a few months and terrible stuff happens..beware Dixie!!

:D

Okay everyone, let's move forward now and not dwell on the drama any longer.

This one is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.