• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Thanks Rod.....

Allofus123

Here ducky, ducky, ducky!
The History Channel will air a show about Cigars this evening. I have heard it is pretty good for a half hour show. I'm sure glad Rod posted this as I missed recording this last time it played and sure wanted to see it. Here is the info from their web site:

Saturday, November 1 @ 5:30pm ET/PT - History Channel

Cigars

The cigar has long been an American fixture everywhere from the boardroom to the waiting room. Host Ron Hazelton learns the fine art of hand-rolling cigars in Ybor City, Florida, which was the cigar capital of the world for more than 50 years. He also traces more than 100 years in the history of the cigar and follows the process all the way from the selection of raw tobacco to lighting up at the cigar bar

Thanks for the heads up :D If I can figure out how to set up my VCR I am going to record this. Now where is that manual............

BenjieV ;)

Hey Benji...... would you look up how to get the clock to stop flashing while you have the manuel out?
rotlaugh.gif

Put Electrical tape over the numbers!! Worked for me! :p

Time to upgrade those VCR's guys. The new ones set the clock when you plug it in, and you input the numbers from the tv guide and it records. :0

I've got a season pass on my tivo set for keyword "cigar" and I don't think it's being recorded :( I wonder how that happened?

lucasbuck said:
I've got a season pass on my tivo set for keyword "cigar" and I don't think it's being recorded :( I wonder how that happened?
I love my TiVo!!!! Which one do you have?

Yes, Tivo is awesome! I was an early adopter. Got an old Sony 1000. It will only do about 20 hours at medium quality. What have you got Michael?

Craig, I tried to do a search with my tivo under Cigars also......zippo! The name of the program is "Hands on History". The subject is cigars. It appears to be a series of different topics..... the program showing right before the one on cigars is about Firecrackers.

Thanks, I'll see if I can get my gf to set it up to record. I don't get home until late tonight.

lucasbuck said:
Thanks, I'll see if I can get my gf to set it up to record. I don't get home until late tonight.
You need to get the Home Media option. It will allow you to select programs to record via the internet.

I have the 60hr Series 2 TiVo

cool!! :thumbs:
so let's see :lookup: 5:30ET-1hr for central......................................
ummmmmm :sneaky: ...........4:30 here! right? what do i win?! :D

This sounds like this is the episode that aired last year... if it's the one that features the Newman Family it's a great show!

Aloha,

Wade

Yep, Eric Newman trying to act....LOL!

There was some good content but I was hoping (wishing) for a bit more. I guess for a 20 minute show (30 minutes minus the comercials) it did a great job of informing the general population about cigars and Ybor city.

I missed it . friend came by and did't stop talking.
do you know if it'll be on again.

eeeeeewwwwww, did you all see them stepping on the tobacco filler while they were shoveling it?? Someone is gonna smoke that!!!!!!

Fast4Dr said:
lucasbuck said:
You need to get the Home Media option. It will allow you to select programs to record via the internet.

I have the 60hr Series 2 TiVo
How do you get the home media option? I bet it won't work with my ancient unit. I'd like to upgrade soon though. I'll have to make sure it has that capability. That would rock!

Phil said:
eeeeeewwwwww, did you all see them stepping on the tobacco filler while they were shoveling it?? Someone is gonna smoke that!!!!!!
If you smoke Cuesta Rey, You have smoked it!!!

I was in Tampa (Ybor) visiting the J.C. Newman museum two years ago and saw this very same prosses and thought the very same thing.

Whats up with that?