• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Thanksgiving Day...

mr.mac

Just wondering what my BOTL/SOTL here at CP have lined up for Thanksgiving. I've got my eye on some Opus that have been resting nicely in the cooler here for a bit. Also got a WOAM that is looking mighty tasty. Gonna try and cook my first bird this year (suggestions welcome).

So anyway... what do you have planned.... food, cigars, drink wise????

mac

Thanksgiving Day?

I'm thinking of smoking the bottom one before my Thanksgiving meal!

Thanks to a certain fellow who has a certain site that has some great pictures of some very interesting cigars for making this possible!

Probably gonna smoke an El Centurion to see what it's like. As far as the bird goes, I deep fryed one last year and it turned out amazing. The year before I basted one and it was equally amazing. The internet is where I went for both recepies so that is where I would start...

I think the Opus is a good bet. I don't know what I'll be able to smoke because the weather forecast isn't looking so great, and I don't have anywhere to smoke indoors. I can't cook to save my life, so my advice on the bird is useless. I might torch a VSG again (I didn't care for it the first time, maybe I had a dud).

D

Thanksgiving Day?

I'm thinking of smoking the bottom one before my Thanksgiving meal!

Thanks to a certain fellow who has a certain site that has some great pictures of some very interesting cigars for making this possible!
Great minds think almost alike...... :thumbs:

I have one of those smokes, gifted me by a great BOTL from these pages, that I thought would make a fantastic after dinner smoke with a glass of nice Cabernet or perhaps some Bourbon on the rocks.

One of the nice things about adult children is you can put 'em to to work.... :laugh: A "new" tradition around my house is that after the thanksgiving dinner, we "make" our kids put up our outside Christmas lights and decorations. I'll need a hearty beverage and a fine smoke to properly supervise that action..... :laugh:

Best Regards to all, and a very Happy Thanksgiving to you and your families.

Cheers - B.B.S.

Edit - the one I have is the Davidoff Diademas Finas (6 3/4" X 50), not the monster Tone-ny was lucky enough to score..... :cool:

I'm not sure what I'm smoking on Turkeyday...
Conoju 2003, Anejo 55, PSD4, and DPG Blue Lancero are all in the running. I'm down to just a couple of Opus, and I'll save those for Christmas.

As for turkey tips. You gotta brine the bird! The Alton Brown roast turkey recipe has been teh winner in my house for the past 3 years, and I find no reason to mess with greatness: http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/re...36_8389,00.html

I change-up what I stick in the bird's cavity every year. But apart from that I pretty much stick to the recipe.

This is my first year cooking a bird as well! As for cigars, as long as the weather is not overly gusty, I'm thinking about a '05 Johnny-O, an Opus or a RyJ Cazadore. Won't know until I reach the moment.

Wife and I both work on Thanksgiving, so we'll be having our feast on Wednesday. I'll be brining and smoking my bird.

As far as a cigar, I probably won't have one since we have about 4 inches of snow at the moment, with no sign that the end is anywhere near. :(

I'm not sure what I'm smoking on Turkeyday...
Conoju 2003, Anejo 55, PSD4, and DPG Blue Lancero are all in the running. I'm down to just a couple of Opus, and I'll save those for Christmas.

As for turkey tips. You gotta brine the bird! The Alton Brown roast turkey recipe has been teh winner in my house for the past 3 years, and I find no reason to mess with greatness: http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/re...36_8389,00.html

I change-up what I stick in the bird's cavity every year. But apart from that I pretty much stick to the recipe.

Cuppa - My little lady and I are big Alton Brown fans. I've gone ahead and printed out the recepie that you linked me to. Thanks! I saw the episode the other day where he set up the turkey fryer. Not sure I'm ready for all that!

mac

I'm thinking a Padron Milli and Davidoff LE. One for thanksgiving and the other to the birth of my first neice. It's gonna be a great week! :)

Thanksgiving is only one cigar probably after a busy travel day so i eat leftovers in the evening and smoke an AVO le05. Very good smoke that just gets better as it rests. Either that or a Paul Garmirian i have yet to decide.

I'm heading to New York tomorrow to spend Thanksgiving with my daughter and she hates smoking, so I'll be abstaining until I return to GA. Upon my return however, it's gonna be something good.

Well, seeing that I have a scarce amount of money... Probably something inexpensive... Punch tends to be my smoke.

Josh