• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

the "all my humidor (almost)" pass

In jolly's absence, I feel it's my duty and obligation to tell ALL of you guys you'e going overboard. :D

Jolly wants you to TAKE premiums and PUT Connies, Phillie Blunts and the like. ;)

You guys just don;t get it do you? ???

He's gonna be MAD as HELL :D

:sign: :sign: :sign: :sign:

Jolly WHERE THE HECK ARE YOU ??

You DO NOT want ME monitoring this pass for you now do you? :D

cigah_smoka said:
GP,
I put the ISOM's with the ISOM's and put my puts in the bags I took the original ones out of.
Number 90 is in bag #1. Numbers 91-95 are in bag #2. And the ISOM's are in their appropraite bag. Also, I have the Untold Story.
Got that-Thanks!
Glad the ISOMS are still seperated.
Also, I assume #'s 81-88 are in Bag #2.

Maduro,
Get the box yet?? I read that it was delivered, hope you get to open it up soon!! :D

Yes, I got it and it is good shape. I work second shift, so I don't see mail until about 1:30am or later. I will do P's & T's tonight.

M3

Alright, here we go. My takes are as follows:

14.....SLR St. Louis Rey
16.....Macanudo Maduro Prince Phillip
39.....Ashton Natural DBL Magnum
73.....Partagas Seria D #4 ( ISOM )
81.....CAO Crillo Mancha
90.....A. Fuente Anejo #46 ***

I will hold for a day on shipping to see if Jolly shows to yea or nea the Fuente. Unless our self appointed moderator CC give the thumbs up. :thumbs: :D

Puts, are as follows:

103.....Punch double corona maduro
104.....another one
105.....CAO Anni maduro churchill
106.....another one toro size
107.....Onyx Reserve Mini Belecoso
108.....another one
109.....Oliva 'O' Ole Bold
110.....another one
111.....Montecristo Afrique Kilimanjaro
112.....El Rey Del Mundo churchill
113.....Carlos Torano Exodus 1959
114.....Bolivar something I just say BBF ( ISOM)

According to the list Lucky Dawg is next. Are you in place?

M3

Hmmmm,

Now you all know I'm not exactly the biggest Fuente fan in the world BUT in all fairness to my bud Jolly, I would recommend NOT taking the Anejo because these cigars are EXTREMELY hard to come by, they pretty much only come out once a year around Christmas so no one will be able to buy any of these until then.

Some of the more experienced passers here have a general rule, Anejo for Anejo and I would suggest that we follow that.

Jolly is probably kind hearted enough to not mind but just to be on the safe side, I would recommend leaving the Anejo in the pass since jolly is AWOL.

If I ever start a pass however with an Anejo, ANYONE will be welcome to replace it with ANY large Havana :D but again, in all fairness to jolly I think the Anejo should stay in ;)

Wow, I'm being kinda serioud for once, very out of character for me :D

Yep this is a classic quatity for quality play. Unless you can find something of an Anejo Caliber

(for example one of the larger Opus X or a BTL I think would qualify--but that's just me)

leave it in there and reduce your puts.

Well, that's how I played it. I took the Untold Story and put in the Anejo #46, and took the Best Seller and put in a WOAM. Maduro if you have that same kind of play, I would think it's acceptible.
Anejo's may be rare, but not on here!! :D ;)

Lumberg said:
Yep this is a classic quatity for quality play. Unless you can find something of an Anejo Caliber

(for example one of the larger Opus X or a BTL I think would qualify--but that's just me)

leave it in there and reduce your puts.
BTL? ???

I wish I could find those at a cigar store... I'd like to buy some. The only place I've ever seen them is at COOL RIVERS in Las Colinas (irving/near dallas)... Its a ritzy sports bar (very ritzy- ferrari's, rolls royce's, mercedes, lexus's.. those are the kinds of cars in the valet)

They have this awesome humidor cabinet, and cigar lounge- the humidor is filled with Fuente stuff, all the Opus I've ever seen--But they are 1000% too high :0 They have 1 opus for $175 a stick or something like that... I forget how much the between the lines is, like $75 or something like that..

(that is the one with the natural and maduro wrapper twirled like a candy cane right?)

*JUST MY OPINION: That (to me) is more rare than a Anejo- I've got a couple of Anejo's, but have never been able to buy a Between the lines. (THIS IS MY PERSONAL COMMENT, NOT MEANT TOWARDS ANYONE.. you gotta be careful what you say around here nowadays :p)

:thumbs: Toaster

Yeah I guess BTLs are more rare but they are in the same realm as Anejos. Several ERDMs, Punches and CAOs are not.

So for an Opus for Anejo swap you'd have to be a little extra generous on the other puts but I think it would be OK. That's if I was a pass owner. For a BTL for Anejo swap you could get away with being straight MSRP for MSRP on the other puts and your overall play would still be considered pretty good.

BTL (or something in that class) for the Anejo is close enough. You're probably looking at a little bit of a difference on either side depending on who values what and how easy certain sticks are to get for each side. No real need to get nitpicky. Just be fair.

:)

Alright I appreciate all the input. I will adjust tonight when I get home and allow the the Anejos to pass on.

I have not seen a post from Lucky D, should I hold or send it on to him?

M3

Thats up to the pass owner I guess... Luckydawg and I live in the same general area (within 20 or so miles anyway), and we did a mini herf with Styx&Stoned pass- I'll try to call him and see whats the deal.. I think I'm after LuckyDawg? so if I can't get ahold of Todd in the next day or so- you can send it along to me- and I'll continue to attempt to contact him, and we can do the same for this pass as before- meet up somewhere and split the shipping cost. (if thats acceptable to all involved?)

NOW: Back to the BTL, what else would be considered a fair pass play if taking a BTL? (give us a few examples if you guys can :D)

Toaster said:
NOW: Back to the BTL, what else would be considered a fair pass play if taking a BTL? (give us a few examples if you guys can :D)

You can't, not really. If a BTL is put into a pass it would most likely make it back to the owner.

But, Some close sticks would be WOAM, UTSM......maybe some of the larger Opus and maybe an anejo 77 shark.

if I was gonna take a BTL then I would put 2 nice sticks like a WOAM or a opus ect in it's place.......

But that is just me.............

Oh I know there are many ISOM that would work too - Cohiba DC EL, Any ISOM D & D, Trinidad Funador (98 would make it better), Maybe a Partagas Lutsitania but I would be hesitant to do that one.

anyway I hope that helps you a bit, I may be way off base but that is what I usually do when I take a rare cigar in a pass.

Phil

I bought my BTL's in a split with Fillbrent and it ran around $18/stick. I hate to smoke them. I hear they look better then they smoke.

You guys may not remember when Opus was noty available west of the Mississippi. they only were sold east and limmited to prtefered buyers at that. That was years ago. I smoked a $25 one and wasn't impressed considering the price.

Another question where do PAM maduros fall in? I bought a box but heard other places are being limited to 2/sticks per customer.

Gunpowder said:
Another question where do PAM maduros fall in? I bought a box but heard other places are being limited to 2/sticks per customer.
Depends on if it's a 1964 or 1926 my friend. The earlier the year, the rarer the cigar!

I'M HERE, I'M HERE!!!
holy sh#t i forgot i joined this one 'til toaster
sent me a pm(thank you)
gotta quit joining passes when i'm on the sauce! :sign: