• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Coolerdor Mass Genocide

BigDaddyFink

So I head over to a buddy's house who I haven't seen in a while. He and his old lady had been overseas for a few months and only just got back in town. So we decide to get a bbq going and light a few. Out comes the Coolerdor, that hadn't been cracked open since late May.

Well friends, the 4 sponges (yeah, I know, don't get me sidetracked on that) he had soaked and placed inside the Coolerdor were dried up. But the boxes upon boxes upon boxes of cigars were literally saturated. The cedar glowed deep red from moisture. Opening the boxes only revealed a worse picture.

The cigars within, all soaked. I mean soaked. Soft as a fresh loaf of bread. Then there were countless cigars filled and filled and filled with tiny holes from you know what having hatched. It was a total disaster scene, backwards to forwards, top to bottom. SLR's, Camachos - even a BOX of Liberty coffins, a box of Gurkha pre-embargos, Montes, Punchs, Opus, Partagas, Bolivars, all destroyed. I mean destroyed. It was sickening and saddening all the same time.

Those that were even the slightest bit salvageable were left out to "dry" over the next week, but to no avail. It was useless.

Now, his Coolerdor remains empty, with just a few sticks left in his desk top. I contributed much to rebuild his arsenal, but it in no way could recoup the damage done.

Holy **** that sucks :( I mean, not just the money put in it, but the time and expectations. Horrible.

I've never seen a cooler seal that well before. Amazing!

:0 What was he thinking! That really sucks big time...All that money and cigars down the drain. I feel for the guy.

Thanks for sharing the story with us BDF as I think it make an excellent case for using the proper humidification devices (like beads) AND making sure that cigars are stored at a proper temperature. 65 degrees F is great but from what I understand, so long as you are under 70 your potential for beetle problems drops significantly.

coventrycat86 said:
Thanks for sharing the story with us BDF as I think it make an excellent case for using the proper humidification devices (like beads) AND making sure that cigars are stored at a proper temperature. 65 degrees F is great but from what I understand, so long as you are under 70 your potential for beetle problems drops significantly.
That's right CC, let's add a lecture to his misery ;)
j/k

Not to hurt you any deeper, but I don't suppose you snapped any photos for us did you? Just to put with the official "**** that sucked" album.

Sorry to hear it.
sad.gif

BrownDevil said:
coventrycat86 said:
That's right CC, let's add a lecture to his misery ;)
j/k

Not to hurt you any deeper, but I don't suppose you snapped any photos for us did you? Just to put with the official "**** that sucked" album.
Honestly, that thought didn't occur to me. I think that would have been like stopping by a horrible motor vehicle accident to take a few pics. :sign: :sign: It was all I could do to keep from rubbing salt in the poor guy's wounds by saying something like, "What the hell were you thinking?" But, I must confess, I did think, "I can't wait to tell this story to the guys at the forum." :sign: :sign: :D

Be sure to give the dude some beads so the cigars you donated towards rebuilding don't meet the same fate! ???

Matt