• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The CP East Coast Newbie HERF

Jonesy

Got Ink ?
In my short time here at CP, I've made some friends and this past weekend I was lucky enough to meet some of these guys for the first time. We all got together and decided we were going to have a camping trip in the Virginia mountains. CigarStone got there Wednesday, found a great campsite, prepped it for the rest of our arrivals, and made sure we knew where we'd be going. The rest of us ( me, jfields, mysterea, and Seth) got there Thursday afternoon. The weekend was filled with a lot of cigar smoking, good eating, plenty of time in the water, drinking beer, poker ( I am the poker champ! :laugh: ), and good fellowship. I had a few scary moments though, both while in the river. The riverbed is made completely of smooth algae covered stones that are unbelievably slick and twice while walking and smoking ( a SIG VI and a Monte # 2) I fell in the river completely submerging myself, but managing to save my cigars both times. The guys didn't know wether to laugh at me or stand and watch in awe as somehow I was able to save both cigars. I had one helluva time over the weekend. It's nice to be able to put a person with their CP id and get to talk and smoke cigars with them. This was my first herf, but it's one that I'll always remember.

guys.jpg

Here we are ....from L to R ..Seth, me, jfields, Cigarstone, and Mysterea

poker.jpg

Poker time!

ashstand.jpg

John's ash stand after smoking a VSG Enchantment

bb.jpg

The Bomb Brothers

Looks like a great time. Sad I had to miss out on it. Which one of you guys brought the banjo?

Very, very cool! One of the greatest things about this site is getting to together with other folks who enjoy this hobby of ours. It sounds and looks like you all had a great time!

None of you guys are how I had you pictured mentally (go figure)... :laugh:

btw, how many wine coolers did Mysterea have over the weekend? :whistling:

Oh man was it an awesome time. My stomach muscles still hurt from LMAO so much. It also might have had something to do with all of the good food I ate too.

You guys definitely made the trip one that I will remember. I made some good friends even better friends by creating some memories. I gave away some good sticks and, I was gifted with some excellent sticks.

A few moments that stick out in my mind:

Floating down the stream the second day acting like kids throwing the bottle & skipping rocks at each other.

Playing Texas Hold-Em for smokes. (I think I broke even)

Sitting in a pool of water at Blue Hole, smoking a CORO thinking how beautiful the mountains and river were. Not a care in the world, smoking with my brothas.

LMFAO at Jeff trying to get a picture of me to no avail so he could email it to my wife and show her how fugged up I was. :laugh:

Oh yeah! Almost forgot. Can't forget Brian falling in the water twice and somehow managing to save two nice ISOM smokes. I did not know wether to laugh, or ask him if he was okay.

It really couldn't have gone any better (we all knew the Swedish Bikini Team wasn't showing up).

As John said we had great food, great fun, and great fellowship! It is an event I will forever remember!

Some of my memories:

Brian going under water twice but saving his ISOM both times!

John thinking the pictures I got of him would not convey just how fugged up he was!

Winning the "stupid rock throwing contests" and watching Brian and Seth getting pissed off because they kept losing premium smokes to me!

Amazement at how quick Seth moved when the water snake (with a fish in it's mouth) came at him!

Rob and I shooting numerous rapids on one dollar rafts, in an indescribably beautiful river setting!

Looks as if you all had a great time! It is true that there is nothing finer then getting together with BOTLs and doing what we love to do the most! :thumbs:

as for the looks, x2 on the "nothing like I thought you all would look like". :sign:

Looks like good times. Wish I could have made it out there myself. Last pic is sweet. So when are the bomb brothers going to take on rowdy rowdy piper and macho man randy savage? ;)

Man that was one awesome weekend.

I have to say, we had some awesome laughs. My highlights include:

Drinking some incredible beers, and eating some awesome meals

Watching these dudes trying to figure out which 'holy f*** I've never seen that cigar before' stick they were going to smoke next (Seth was really the best with this)

Watching Brian take a digger, save the smoke, and the strange silence as everyone figures out if they're amazed or concerned for Brian's busted body. (This dude took a fall I thought would have killed him)

Trying to figure out which was Brian and which was John (this took an hour or two)

Watching all these guys eat crepes (they had doubts at first)

The really cool thing was how well we all meshed socially. I can't imagine that it could have gone any better. Thanks for an awesome time guys! It's something I'll remember forever!

~R

Some of the things I will always remember:

John ( JFields ) is a big dude. I don't think that comes across in the pics. Quiet but funny as hell.

If Jeff ( CigarStone ) says, " I bet you 2 premiums ... " DON'T, YOU WILL LOSE! He is also a great cook.

Rob ( mysterea ) is as crazy as he seems in his posts and he takes his beer seriously.

If you want to play some poker, Brian ( Jonesy ) is your man. The look on his face and the cussing that ensued when John called and called Brians stiff bets and then won the hand when he paired Kings on 5th street was just freaking hilarious... well to everyone but Brian. But he got his revenge many times over on all of us.

Rob is right, It took about 30 minutes for me to be able to remember which was JFields and which was Jonesy.

If you need firewood, DON'T give Rob the axe.

Seth

looks like a lot of fun guys, glad you posted some pics.

It really couldn't have gone any better (we all knew the Swedish Bikini Team wasn't showing up).

As John said we had great food, great fun, and great fellowship! It is an event I will forever remember!

Some of my memories:

John thinking the pictures I got of him would not convey just how fugged up he was!

Winning the "stupid rock throwing contests" and watching Brian and Seth getting pissed off because they kept losing premium smokes to me!

Amazement at how quick Seth moved when the water snake (with a fish in it's mouth) came at him!

Rob and I shooting numerous rapids on one dollar rafts, in an indescribably beautiful river setting!

Who looks fugged up, you be the judge? :whistling:
1114754633_1a66e3b377_m.jpg

1110120186_eb18bd9d7d_m.jpg

Seth, you were right. Who could forget me calling Jonesy and getting the King on fifth. :laugh:
And, who could forget you faking an orgasm (at least we hope it was faked) when you hit my four year old Anejo shark. :laugh:

Some of my memories:

Who looks fugged up, you be the judge? :whistling:
1114754633_1a66e3b377_m.jpg

1110120186_eb18bd9d7d_m.jpg

Seth, you were right. Who could forget me calling Jonesy and getting the King on fifth. :laugh:
And, who could forget you faking an orgasm (at least we hope it was faked) when you hit my four year old Anejo shark. :laugh:

Oh......I readily admit to being fugged up!

But rest assured, hiding behind a camera, attempting to block out the reality around you makes you a candidate as well.

Take note all......these are NOT the same picture over and over again! Notice John's smile as the pictures progress!

f_1m_d90df82.jpg

f_2m_4e1f3f4.jpg

f_3m_50ac7ac.jpg

f_4m_495e1f8.jpg

f_5m_06c390a.jpg

Awesome guys. Brian, I'll bet those rocks get more slippery after each cold one. Enjoyed the pictures and the stories guys. :thumbs:

Yup times were tough!

081007_14411.jpg

No one had any fun

1110066959_a4a69336b61.jpg

and the view sucked

1109683867_84e7dd33b51.jpg

Seth

Boy, what a motley crew of some ugly fuggers!
Looks like you guys had a blast!
Wish I could have joined all you!

-Rob

Man it looks like you guys had one hell of a time. I wish I could have been there, but there’s always next year. Thanks for the pictures.