• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The CP Make-a-Wish PIF Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think someone with any sort of tenure here would have made such a request in the first place. And for some reason you boys with newer join dates and lower post counts as you say, have been coming in quite frequently taking in arguments that YOU have no business speaking up in either! You talk about it not being Andy's business to jump in this conversation, well, you haven't earned the right to do so either.
Brian, it is not always about whether someone has earned the creds to allow them to comment or ask a question. Frequently it is about the manner of the asking. Jayro could have been polite. He could have asked in a humble manner as we all can choose to do. He did not. He could have asked for clarification instead of telling someone to butt the hell out. Maybe he and other newbies to follow will take that lesson to heart.

If a new member has provided some indication that he is thoughtful, intelligent, and can behave like a grown up would in meat space, then I don't want him to wait 6 months or have posted hundreds of times before he can contribute to the maintenance and growth of this community. It's not about newbies knowing their place. That's often a smokescreen and an excuse for a host of deplorable behavior on both sides of the "FOG" fence. Failure on the part of newcomers may disappoint me, but disgraceful behavior on the other side fills me with shame instead of pride when the "FOG" label is bandied my way. That being the case, nothing will stop me from acting in accordance with my conscience and my conscience directs me to behave in the most respectable, constructive, and supportive fashion that I can muster.

Wilkey
I should have phrased my post a little differently because you're absolutely right Wilkey. It wasn't so much the questioning, but the attitude that went with it. I just couldn't understand him telling Andy it was none of his business and where he gets off making a statement like that. I have no problem with a new guy speaking his mind, just do it in the manner it should be done without being disrespectful of someone that deserves respect.

Done and done.

Salvation Army Angel Tree online Donation.

Donation id: 2282773430003232300890

Date: 03 December 2008 04:08 AM (GMT)

Donation: 75 USD

Card type: VISA

This constitutes an official receipt of your donation which has been sent to The Salvation Army headquarters at the address below. No goods or services have been provided to the donor in consideration of this contribution.

The Salvation Army Texas Division
6500 Harry Hines Blvd
Dallas
TX 75235
USA

tel: 214 353 2731

email: TXDonation_Manager@uss.salvationarmy.org

Best Wishes,

The Salvation Army
Texas Division

Ya'll have a fantastic day. I'm out and off to enjoy one of the sticks AVB just bombed me with!

Trey

Okay, who's up?

Rich

I believe that makes Trey the winner of the next wish based on his generous gift to the tree, well done and have at it. I know some child will appreciate your generousity. Keep up the good work.

Morning all,
Wow. I thought I was doing a drive-by and gotten away with it. Well, truth be told, I already feel pretty damned good that I contributed. I'm a complete newb, with just enough knowledge to hurt myself and those in close proximity. I've tried a dozen or so different smokes by now (some mulitple times), but I just don't have the vocabulary or palate yet to know what to wish for. I'll tell you what...I've had such a fantastic time reading and learning here in the last month (already?! GAH! I was such a n00b! ;), and have been so humbled by the interactions I've had, both public and PM, that I'm willing to trust the Jedi around me. I'm already blessed with so much. Happy, healthy marriage and family; job I love, etc. I honestly don't know what to wish for. I'm tempted to yell "ISOM!", because I'm supposed to, but...
I'm finally going home to my groovy woman and our son (I'm kickin' his 12-year-old-ass at Halo3!) for Christmas, so if someone wants to send me a care package to my house, I'd love it. I don't care what's in it. Been a long time since I've had a good, stiff drink to go with a smoke while relaxing. I just wanna sleep in my own bed and smell my woman next to me. I trust your mentorship judgement. My experience is limited, but I like just about everything I've tried. If someone wants to hook me up, PM me for my home addy, otherwise, just carry on. I made my contribution, and that's good enough for me.

Oh, yeah...GO COWBOYS! :laugh: :laugh:
Trey

Morning all,
Wow. I thought I was doing a drive-by and gotten away with it. Well, truth be told, I already feel pretty damned good that I contributed. I'm a complete newb, with just enough knowledge to hurt myself and those in close proximity. I've tried a dozen or so different smokes by now (some mulitple times), but I just don't have the vocabulary or palate yet to know what to wish for. I'll tell you what...I've had such a fantastic time reading and learning here in the last month (already?! GAH! I was such a n00b! ;), and have been so humbled by the interactions I've had, both public and PM, that I'm willing to trust the Jedi around me. I'm already blessed with so much. Happy, healthy marriage and family; job I love, etc. I honestly don't know what to wish for. I'm tempted to yell "ISOM!", because I'm supposed to, but...
I'm finally going home to my groovy woman and our son (I'm kickin' his 12-year-old-ass at Halo3!) for Christmas, so if someone wants to send me a care package to my house, I'd love it. I don't care what's in it. Been a long time since I've had a good, stiff drink to go with a smoke while relaxing. I just wanna sleep in my own bed and smell my woman next to me. I trust your mentorship judgement. My experience is limited, but I like just about everything I've tried. If someone wants to hook me up, PM me for my home addy, otherwise, just carry on. I made my contribution, and that's good enough for me.

Oh, yeah...GO COWBOYS! :laugh: :laugh:
Trey

I can cover you on this, PM me with your address and the smokes you've liked so far and I'll put something together for you. I'm gonna pass my wish on to somebody, let me check with them and I'll post soon.

Edit:
I'm passing my wish on to Ben. Hooray!

Thanks a bunch Joe I really appreciate it.

Well my birthday is coming up soon so I'll wish for whatever someone wants to send me they think I would enjoy for it!

I don't think someone with any sort of tenure here would have made such a request in the first place. And for some reason you boys with newer join dates and lower post counts as you say, have been coming in quite frequently taking in arguments that YOU have no business speaking up in either! You talk about it not being Andy's business to jump in this conversation, well, you haven't earned the right to do so either.
Brian, it is not always about whether someone has earned the creds to allow them to comment or ask a question. Frequently it is about the manner of the asking. Jayro could have been polite. He could have asked in a humble manner as we all can choose to do. He did not. He could have asked for clarification instead of telling someone to butt the hell out. Maybe he and other newbies to follow will take that lesson to heart.

If a new member has provided some indication that he is thoughtful, intelligent, and can behave like a grown up would in meat space, then I don't want him to wait 6 months or have posted hundreds of times before he can contribute to the maintenance and growth of this community. It's not about newbies knowing their place. That's often a smokescreen and an excuse for a host of deplorable behavior on both sides of the "FOG" fence. Failure on the part of newcomers may disappoint me, but disgraceful behavior on the other side fills me with shame instead of pride when the "FOG" label is bandied my way. That being the case, nothing will stop me from acting in accordance with my conscience and my conscience directs me to behave in the most respectable, constructive, and supportive fashion that I can muster.

Wilkey
I should have phrased my post a little differently because you're absolutely right Wilkey. It wasn't so much the questioning, but the attitude that went with it. I just couldn't understand him telling Andy it was none of his business and where he gets off making a statement like that. I have no problem with a new guy speaking his mind, just do it in the manner it should be done without being disrespectful of someone that deserves respect.

To be honest I had a bad day yesterday and instead posting my thoughts in a fair, rational, and respectful way I took my bad day out on Gonz by "attacking" him in my first post. I should've let it lie there but I didn't and that was the bigger mistake.

The ironic thing about this is that when I participated in this pass the wish I granted was questioned in a similar manner because the poster who requested them had granted a much more common wish. I had no problem with granting those sticks then and wouldn't have a problem doing so now. I believe that's the spirit of this community and specifically this pass.

Gonz was just trying to protect the integrity of the pass and it's participants and I respect that. I once again apologize to him and everyone else for ruining this thread.

I'd like to take the reigns and grant bfisher's wish if no one has a problem with that!

I'd like to take the reigns and grant bfisher's wish if no one has a problem with that!

We all have bad days and say things we shouldn't. Just learn from it and move on.

I would say that you're up.

I'd like to pass my wish on to Gonz! I'm going to PM him to let him know! It's the right thing to do IMHO!

I'd like to pass my wish on to Gonz! I'm going to PM him to let him know! It's the right thing to do IMHO!

Huh, that's funny because I was waiting to see what you would wish for so I could grant it.

OK, I'll do a simple one and try to get this thing back to the basics!

With one exception, let's try to limit the grantor to someone who has either not participated so far or has only done one round.

I would like:

Any Avo Maduro, Signature or Classic cigar
Any CAO cigar
Any Fuente regular line cigar (so it doesn't have to be anything like an Opus, Anejo or Hemingway)

With one exception, let's try to limit the grantor to someone who has either not participated so far or has only done one round.

I would like:

Any CAO cigar
Any Fuente regular line cigar (so it doesn't have to be anything like an Opus, Anejo or Hemingway)

Done! :D

I've been watching this thread for months waiting for a chance to particiapte!

I would like:

Any CAO cigar

Done! :D

I've been watching this thread for months waiting for a chance to particiapte!

Both of you are F'n lucky.

uncleB, because you just beat me to this post, and Gonz, because UBB just beat me to this post....

I mean what the hell else am I gonna do with the Moonies....

Tim

Let's hear your wish, Unka Bonz! I hope it's something I can provide...

Sorry was waiting to get Gonz's addy and forgot about my wish.

I wish for something from the Illusione line.

I have tried the Cruzado and really enjoy them. If I were asked to be more specific I'd pick a cg4 but any Illusione would be awsome.

*edited for spelling

Done! I got you.

UBB PM me your addy sir, sticks will fly tomorrow.

My wishes:

El Triunfadore
Ambos Mundos
Oliva Serie V Maduro
Oliva Serie O Perfecto

Status
Not open for further replies.