• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The CP Make-a-Wish PIF Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, I'm back.

How about a Short Story Maduro? :whistling: (I kid, I kid :laugh:)

I'd really love to try an Anejo 46 or 50 with some real age on it (like 4 or 5 years), a Casa Fuente Belicoso Fino, Corona Gorda, or Double Robusto, or any Padron 1926 Serie or 1964 Anniversary with natural wrappers besides the 'A', Diplomatico, or Pyramide to continue my quest to smoke every Padron cigar they have produced.

Hopefully that's not too much to ask for. I feel guilty asking for anything greater than a PAdron #2000 maddie, but I was told to "wish away!"

QUICK EDIT TO ADD: I'm not sure if it's within the rules, but I could really use a 5 count otterbox or equivalent. I've got a 15, but it's just too big sometimes. Of course, this should be sent empty if granted.

QUICK EDIT TO ADD: I'm not sure if it's within the rules, but I could really use a 5 count otterbox or equivalent. I've got a 15, but it's just too big sometimes. Of course, this should be sent empty if granted.
Good question for the players.

Should we expand the boundaries of this PIF and allow accessories as part of the trading materials? Yeas, nays? Ideas? What do you all think?

Wilkey

Good question for the players.

Should we expand the boundaries of this PIF and allow accessories as part of the trading materials? Yeas, nays? Ideas? What do you all think?

Wilkey

How about allowing accessories in a wish as long as they are an option in addition to cigars? Especially during the summer months, it would help to move the thread forward faster, but only in the case that an accessory isn't the only option in granting a wish.

Alright, I'm back.

How about a Short Story Maduro? :whistling: (I kid, I kid :laugh:)

I'd really love to try an Anejo 46 or 50 with some real age on it (like 4 or 5 years), a Casa Fuente Belicoso Fino, Corona Gorda, or Double Robusto, or any Padron 1926 Serie or 1964 Anniversary with natural wrappers besides the 'A', Diplomatico, or Pyramide to continue my quest to smoke every Padron cigar they have produced.

Hopefully that's not too much to ask for. I feel guilty asking for anything greater than a PAdron #2000 maddie, but I was told to "wish away!"

Alan, I have you on the Otterbox if it's kosher with everyone else....I'll send it with your Exclusivo's. I'd like to pass my wish on to jgohlke. I'll pm Joe letting him know.

Ok,

So the two options up so far are:

1. accessories along with cigars

2. accessories alone

Wilkey

A Palio and an aged EL are, more or less, equally difficult wishes. Since it is allowed to wish for very HTF cigars, an accessory could just as easily hold up the thread. I think the final decision should go to Wilkey, the thread owner. I would say that the first option moves the thread more quickly. But I strongly believe that, either way, it is key to remain attentive to the rule that instructs the wisher to update and expand his or her list within a day or two of posting, depending on thread activity.

A wish is a wish in my book. If you'd like cigar stuff wish for cigar stuff, if you'd like cigars wish for cigars.

Brian

A Palio and an aged EL are, more or less, equally difficult wishes. Since it is allowed to wish for very HTF cigars, an accessory could just as easily hold up the thread. I think the final decision should go to Wilkey, the thread owner. I would say that the first option moves the thread more quickly. But I strongly believe that, either way, it is key to remain attentive to the rule that instructs the wisher to update and expand his or her list within a day or two of posting, depending on thread activity.
I see a Palio as something completely different from an aged EL. The cost might be the same, but the rarity are completely mismatched. I mean I could go to Cigarmony and order up a Palio and spend about the same as I would on a 3-5 stick wish fulfillment or a single HTF.

Your point about being attentive to the pace of the PIF is a good one.

While I started this thread, I don't own it. This thread is out there now as a resource for the entire community and as such, we all have a stake in how it runs. I don't mind polling the players or pulling ideas together though. :)

Wilkey

I see a Palio as something completely different from an aged EL. The cost might be the same, but the rarity are completely mismatched. I mean I could go to Cigarmony and order up a Palio and spend about the same as I would on a 3-5 stick wish fulfillment or a single HTF.

While I started this thread, I don't own it. This thread is out there now as a resource for the entire community and as such, we all have a stake in how it runs. I don't mind polling the players or pulling ideas together though. :)

Wilkey

I agree with you on all points Wilkey. Another thing to think about, at least from my perspective, I have lots and lots of cigars (too many as my girlfriend might say). I don't however have six or seven Palio cutters just laying around. I could be the only who does not, on the other hand adding accessories to the mix might allow someone who has the means to fullfill a wish they could not otherwise fullfill, thus getting more members involved. I say let a mix of accessories and cigars be a part of the PIF.

Jim

I like the idea of being able to wish for cigar accessories. Never know, someone may have an extra something laying around they don't want.

Wilkey

I completely agree Wilkey. As far as rarity goes, I was misinterpretting the fact that it is probably as rare for a member to have aged ELs he's willing to pass as it is for a member to have a second or third Palio sitting around. However, you made the key point that a Palio is easily acquired and replaced. Thus, a member gifting even his only Palio could easily go out and buy another for the same price as replacing a normal set of 3, 4, or 5 gifted cigars.

Anyway, I vote for cigars and accessories together as an acceptible wish. :thumbs:

I guess I would vote to allow accessories as part of the wish, but not alone. I didn't mean to stir anything up, but I just thought I'd throw it out there.

Alright, I'm back.

How about a Short Story Maduro? :whistling: (I kid, I kid :laugh: )

Alan, I have you on the Otterbox if it's kosher with everyone else....I'll send it with your Exclusivo's. I'd like to pass my wish on to jgohlke. I'll pm Joe letting him know.

If it's fine with everyone else, it's fine with me, Brian. I really appreciate it! I believe you have my address... :)

Received my wish from NorCalCigarLover. Thank you so much if I could have picked any of my wishes as #1 the one you sent would have been it. I also thank you for the extras that is very generous of you.

Best Regards
Don

Well,

Looks like the players have spoken. :) For the time being, we'll allow accessories and/or cigars in wishes. I think it's a good idea to still be roughly value for value in general.

Let's see how things go.

Sound okay to everyone?

Wilkey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back