• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The CP Make-a-Wish PIF Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's do figurados...

I wish for a Cuaba Diadema
or a Partagas Culebra
or a Davidoff Culebra
or a Bolivar Gold Medal

But ESPECIALLY the Diadema... I've wanted to try one for a while!!!!!

:)

Btw Taylor that Maduro 5 will be the biggest size - the Genios. I'll get it to you soon.

Thanks to someone,

-Jess.

Perhaps an Opus "A"? I do want one of those too.

-Jess.

After 24hrs., I would think it is time to make these wishes a bit more realistic. Jess, I know you in the RL, you had a very HTF ISOM cigar granted to you on your last wish while giving up a Shark. Maybe you should calm down a bit, and given your time on the boards, and your amount of activity, not jump in so often, but let others get a shot at doing so.

JMHO, Im sure you will call me about this later, but let's be rationale.

Jake

edit to add.

I agree with jake. you know, mercado libre i am a newbie myself, but I think that reality is calling you to come back. Imho you havent been hear long enough to try to make wishes that clearly are geared toward self motivation. Try asking the question, what can I do for my board, not what can my board do for me. Try making wishes more like mine that are a little more vague, so that they can be easily filled. Everyone wants this thread to move quickly try to facilitate that however possible.

Let's do figurados...

I wish for a Cuaba Diadema
or a Partagas Culebra
or a Davidoff Culebra
or a Bolivar Gold Medal

But ESPECIALLY the Diadema... I've wanted to try one for a while!!!!!

:)

Btw Taylor that Maduro 5 will be the biggest size - the Genios. I'll get it to you soon.

Thanks to someone,

-Jess.

Perhaps an Opus "A"? I do want one of those too.

-Jess.

After 24hrs., I would think it is time to make these wishes a bit more realistic. Jess, I know you in the RL, you had a very HTF ISOM cigar granted to you on your last wish while giving up a Shark. Maybe you should calm down a bit, and given your time on the boards, and your amount of activity, not jump in so often, but let others get a shot at doing so.

JMHO, Im sure you will call me about this later, but let's be rationale.

Jake

edit to add.

While I see your point, you need not be so patronizing. Considering your own issues with value for value in the past on here Jake, the fact that Im asking for a Bolivar Gold Medal which is, I believe, a cheaper cigar than the Maddie 5 Genios, as well as the Diadema ( almost) and the Opus A (similar considering the added value of the ISOM factor, does not seem wholly unreasonable. It is true that my first wish was a bit high. I'm going to go pick it up later, actually, many thanks to Greg.

I will apologize that these wishes are as they are; clearly nobody feels like they are reasonable.

So, here are new wishes. Sorry if my last list went too far.

Pqtragas 898
Montecriato Especial No. 1
RASS

-Jess.

Opus A (similar considering the added value of the ISOM factor, does not seem wholly unreasonable.

Being an ISOM does not give it more value. You're asking for one of the Hardest to find opus's (I already went through this issue in a pass, and am passing on what was learned and discussed there). It IS a wish thread, but with not a hint of interest in 24 hours, it is courteous to keep the PIF moving. I was simply trying to tell you why someone may not have been interested in granting the wish, and it may have been due to the demeanor in which you "asked." "I do want one of those" just has a negative tone to it as to someone who desires to GAIN MORE from the board than they OFFER, as Dios even pointed out. Given the fact that you haven't been here that long, or been that active, take it with a grain of salt, and prove to the community you aren't in this for your personal interest.

I had my run ins with value for value, that cannot be debated, but I at least learned reason. Let me remind you that I tried to help you by giving ADVICE, you trying to turn the tables on me is IMO, a slap in the face. I told you on the phone lastnight what I thought, and that you should calm down a bit. I was new at one point, and still reasonably am, however, I tried to help you with the mistakes I made, and you didn't listen. Get the input from others, but take it with a grain of salt.

Next time realize the difference in helping and patronizing.

While I see your point, you need not be so patronizing. Considering your own issues with value for value in the past on here Jake, the fact that Im asking for a Bolivar Gold Medal which is, I believe, a cheaper cigar than the Maddie 5 Genios, as well as the Diadema ( almost) and the Opus A (similar considering the added value of the ISOM factor, does not seem wholly unreasonable. It is true that my first wish was a bit high. I'm going to go pick it up later, actually, many thanks to Greg.

I will apologize that these wishes are as they are; clearly nobody feels like they are reasonable.

Pqtragas 898
RASS

-Jess.
A little intervention here. First of all you have no right whatsoever of bringing up anything Jake may have or may not have had problems with. If you have issues with him, then take them up with him because this is not the thread to do it in. Secondly, there is no such "ISOM factor". It's pretty well known that ISOM's can be had much more cheaply than most NC's. Thirdly, you're right, this is a wishlist so that's what this is about...."wishing" for something. Your 24 hours were up and you made new choices so you've done nothing wrong as far as making your wishes.

Pqtragas 898
RASS

-Jess.
A little intervention here. First of all you have no right whatsoever of bringing up anything Jake may have or may not have had problems with. If you have issues with him, then take them up with him because this is not the thread to do it in. Secondly, there is no such "ISOM factor". It's pretty well known that ISOM's can be had much more cheaply than most NC's. Thirdly, you're right, this is a wishlist so that's what this is about...."wishing" for something. Your 24 hours were up and you made new choices so you've done nothing wrong as far as making your wishes.

I only bring up the point of Jakes past issues because I have been fortunate to learn from his mistakes without having to mess up on my own.

But his acting like I have made an absurd list makes me "consider" how it isn't; Just because I have learned from him what is and isn't acceptable. Figuring on that, I thought my sincere wishes were okay. As you say, they are wishes.

So there is no slap in the face, and no need for drama.

If this is that big a deal, I will just pass the wish to someone.

-Jess.

please stop acting like a child you don't have to have the last word. This is the wish thread not the I want to argue and have the last word thread.
Hopefully someone will fulfill your wish and we can get back to the purpose.

happy wishing all,

Dios de fuego

Here, I'll end this silliness:

I pass my wish to Kingantz, whose gracious gift I'm about to smoke. Good rider smokes too!

So thanks for the gift Greg; you're up again! :)

Someone please pm him as I'm on an iPhone right now.

-Jess.

Gentlemen,

If your wish is not granted in about a day and people are ready to play, then be gracious and make a new one preferably before you are prompted. You are the steward of your wish and it is your responsibility to manage it. For onlookers, if you have a point to make, then make it and leave it at that. If there's more that needs to be said, please take it to PMs.

Lack of action means that 1) no one is able or 2) no one is willing to fulfill the wish. That's all. In the first case, make a new wish. In the second case, consider what you ask for in light of your history here...then make a new wish.

It is not just the wish that is material and relevant, it is the person making the wish. Just as members don't fall over themselves to fulfill ISOs in the Buy/Sell/Trade Forum from brand new guys for HTF sticks, the same holds true here in this thread with respect to wishes.

Be civil, be gracious, be the better man and this thread will continue to flourish for all. This thread and the players have been wonderful thus far. Let's keep the good vibes going!

Best,
Wilkey

To get this thing moving again, I wish for someone to simply surprise me. Thanks Jess!

I got you Greg!

I wish for:

Padron 40th or 80th
RYJ churchill isom w/age
SAN CRISTOBAL MERCADERES
Sir winny
LGC Tainos

edited to add wishes

I got you Niko. I have all of these, aged included so I'm just gonna surprise you if that's ok.

I wish for a ....
Ashton VSG Spellbound
Ashton ESG Churchill
God of Fire Don Carlos

I got you Niko. I have all of these, aged included so I'm just gonna surprise you if that's ok.

I wish for a ....
Ashton VSG Spellbound
Ashton ESG Churchill
God of Fire Don Carlos
It'd be my pleasure to handle your wish, Brian.

I would like to try one of those Nat Sherman 489 tubos that recently got written up in CigarMagazine. I saw them a couple of catalogs back from JR Cigars.

Wilkey

I wish for a ....
Ashton VSG Spellbound
Ashton ESG Churchill
God of Fire Don Carlos
It'd be my pleasure to handle your wish, Brian.

I would like to try one of those Nat Sherman 489 tubos that recently got written up in CigarMagazine. I saw them a couple of catalogs back from JR Cigars.

Wilkey
Thank you Wilkey. Much appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.