• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The CP Make-a-Wish PIF Thread

Man if nobody is willing to grant these maybe this thread has run its course

Thanks BD, and sorry for the delay everyone... wishes are:

Bolivar Especiales No.2

Casa Fuente Lancero

Tatuaje Exclusive Series Federal 90th Rosado

Tatuaje Exclusive Series Federal 90th Reserva

Got you on a couple of these. PM sent for address.

Wishing for ED 109 or RA Phoenicia.

Wishing for ED 109 or RA Phoenicia.

Care to expand your list, as it's been a while. ;)

No problem, I can expand it but wanted to ask the community how to move forward. I can grant Moki's wish but haven't heard from him. Sent him a pm and an email. Saw his address posted in another thread but that's not confirmed and I'm hesitant to send a package without his knowledge. Should I retract my wishes until we hear from Moki? Or should the MAWPIF continue forward and I just hold onto the sticks for Moki until we hear from him.

Appreciate any feedback.

-Chico

Go ahead and send it to him, that addy is fine. He is a lazy lame slacker cockmouth and will take whatever he can get. Seriously.

Go ahead and send it to him, that addy is fine. He is a lazy lame slacker cockmouth and will take whatever he can get. Seriously.

Thanks. Package to Moki will go out by Saturday.

As for my wish list:

ED 109
RA Phoenicia
Padron FR natural
RE or LE ISOM

EDIT: added "natural" for PFR wish

Moki's wishes sent out.

9405 5036 9930 0033 8007 20 (Delivered)

Updated wish list

ED 109
RA Phoenicia
Padron FR natural
RE or LE ISOM
HTF Opus (pussycat, opus shark, magnum o, love affair/love story)
Hemingway rosado
LP #9, T52, Dirty Rat
ISOM's

Thanks. Package to Moki will go out by Saturday.

As for my wish list:

ED 109
RA Phoenicia
Padron FR natural
RE or LE ISOM

EDIT: added "natural" for PFR wish

I received the package of cigars, many thanks sir. Sorry for not responding, I was in surgery and recovery for a bit, and not paying attention.

Very cool of you, kiwifruit... you're up for a wish now!

Moki's wishes sent out.

9405 5036 9930 0033 8007 20 (Delivered)

Updated wish list

ED 109
RA Phoenicia
Padron FR natural
RE or LE ISOM
HTF Opus (pussycat, opus shark, magnum o, love affair/love story)
Hemingway rosado
LP #9, T52, Dirty Rat
ISOM's

I'll get you on a opus and some Island smokes.. In return I would like to try some Island smokes with some age..

Please PM me your adress.

The thread's been excessively slow for some time now.

Yea, this thing used to have a line formed to grant wishes in the first few years it was running.

Maybe we should let it rest for awhile? It's not my call...but it isn't much of a WISH thread anymore.

For example, when wishers have to take it from specific vitolas to Any RE/ EL to any "ISOM"...well, that wasn't really the initial intention for the thread. It was to give someone something that they really want, that they may not have the means to acquire, and for helping out a BOTL, you in-turn would have a chance to acquire something you've really been wanting...not just the everyday run-of-the-mill cigars.

Just my .02 FWIW

I'll get you on a opus and some Island smokes.. In return I would like to try some Island smokes with some age..

Please PM me your adress.

Thanks. Will send you a pm.

The thread's been excessively slow for some time now.

Yea, this thing used to have a line formed to grant wishes in the first few years it was running.

Maybe we should let it rest for awhile? It's not my call...but it isn't much of a WISH thread anymore.

For example, when wishers have to take it from specific vitolas to Any RE/ EL to any "ISOM"...well, that wasn't really the initial intention for the thread. It was to give someone something that they really want, that they may not have the means to acquire, and for helping out a BOTL, you in-turn would have a chance to acquire something you've really been wanting...not just the everyday run-of-the-mill cigars.

Just my .02 FWIW

That is partially my fault. When I granted Moki's wish, it was my intention of trying to land a Dantes or Phoenicia but after a couple of days and no takers, I just broadened my wishes without much thought. I should have been more specific and ask for 2008 and earlier or brand/vitola combinations of ISOM's I haven't tried.

Although, the whole wish thing is a fine line. If nobody can grant a specific wish, then how long should they wait until finally opening up their wishes to be someone else's favorite marca, cigar, etc?

EDIT: Not directed at Jake or Jonesy. Just a question posed to the board in general.

That is partially my fault. When I granted Moki's wish, it was my intention of trying to land a Dantes or Phoenicia but after a couple of days and no takers, I just broadened my wishes without much thought. I should have been more specific and ask for 2008 and earlier or brand/vitola combinations of ISOM's I haven't tried.

Although, the whole wish thing is a fine line. If nobody can grant a specific wish, then how long should they wait until finally opening up their wishes to be someone else's favorite marca, cigar, etc?

EDIT: Not directed at Jake or Jonesy. Just a question posed to the board in general.

It's not your fault....it's been a pretty common occurence in this thread for awhile. (Happened to me last time I participated). The whole point of this thread is to ask for special years, vitolas, etc. that you either love or want to try. Additionally, you open up your wishes when a reasonable amount of time has passed (probably about 48-72 hours)...the problem is, this is a WISH thread. If you're going to just PIF favorite vitolas and marcas..why not just trade, or blind trade? Takes out the wishing, IMO. As Jonesy pointed out, guys used to be asked to expand their lists within hours, not days or weeks.

I'm not saying this thread is all about getting Extremely HTF or RARE cigars (after this PIF got started...the asking for HTF's got ridiculous, guys would grant a Opus regular production and ask for a Short Story Maduro, etc.) My point is that I just see too many people that are lowering their lists to ridiculously easy to grant wishes for the sake of getting through their turn after too much time has passed, and even then they go unnoticed or not granted for some time.

Hey guys, how's it going.

I have not been part of this for a while, and a lot of the reason is because of what is being discussed above. That and that it seemed for a while it was the same handful of players just trading hard to find sticks.

I think, IMHO of course, that the answer is to let this slow down a bit. We are after all talking about rare, HTF, or expensive cigars. So if we allow wishes to be left up for a week (just a number) then it may give someone time to grant that wish.
Then after that, if there are no takers, the OP might consider moving to a 2nd tier wish but it should still fit the MAW principals. Then and only as a last resort, should it be diluted to the "Any Isom" threshold.

Again, these are just some of my thoughts. Take them for what they are worth (not very much with today's conversion rates)

Hope I was not out of line, and I will as always, continue to watch this thread.

Tim