• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The CP Make-a-Wish PIF Thread

Now as for my wishes i would have to say :whistling:
Tat Noella Reserva OR
Tat SW Reserva Maddy
Padron Legacy = Holts 110 Anni.
I will add:any Bolivar EL,H Upmann EL,RASS,Hoyo EL

I will extend wishes if need be ???

I got you Jay!

My wishes:
Tat T110
Tat Noella Reserva
Tat Regios Resevra
Partagas Lusi

VR Don Alejandro

I got you on these :thumbs: Need your addy...

My wishes:

Padron 45th Natty
Tat Frank
Monte #2 (some age would be nice)
Boli Gold Medal (some age would be nice)
Partagas Connoisseur No. 1 (some age would be nice)
Partagas Solomon (see above :laugh: )
LFD Solomon

See if this goes anywhere

Tat Noella Reserva OR
Tat SW Reserva Maddy

I got you Jay!

My wishes:
Tat T110
Tat Noella Reserva
Tat Regios Resevra
Partagas Lusi

VR Don Alejandro

My wishes:

Padron 45th Natty
Tat Frank
LFD Solomon

I can take care of your Monticristo #2 craving. They are coming in at just over a year old when bought.

Tat Noella Reserva OR
Tat SW Reserva Maddy

I got you Jay!

My wishes:
Tat T110
Tat Noella Reserva
Tat Regios Resevra
Partagas Lusi

VR Don Alejandro

My wishes:

Padron 45th Natty
Tat Frank
LFD Solomon

I can take care of your Monticristo #2 craving. They are coming in at just over a year old when bought.
They are coming in at just over a year old when bought? Can you clarify that? Do you have them, or are they on their way to you?

Actually...I'd like to ask other members for some forum/thread guidance on this one. Please take no offense to this SmokerB...but I'm not sure about accepting an ISOM from somebody that's been a member of the community for just over 2 weeks. Kinda like an ounce of prevention, if you know where I'm coming from.

Others, please chime in with your insight on this one.

Oh yeah, I bought them just over a year ago. Bought a box and still have 20 left! They are 100% authentic, I purchased them on business outside of the US and brought them with me. Help? sorry for the confusion

Oh yeah, I bought them just over a year ago. Bought a box and still have 20 left! They are 100% authentic, I purchased them on business outside of the US and brought them with me. Help? sorry for the confusion
I'm not going to hold up the thread here, but just want to explain my reasons for concern, just so that you'll understand.

First...I wouldn't know a real from a fake CC. I don't have much experience myself outside of what I've been gifted here, or what I've purchased myself from a widely trusted source. I really have no desire to try and validate what I'm about to smoke. I have experience with being taken on some rare OR's this past summer with others here.
But again...let me explain. Because it's nothing personal...it's just my perception.

*Less than 30 days on the board and offering up an ISOM in a MAWPIF. From your profile...it "appears" that this "may be" the only one you have experience with. Monte 2's are very popular and I'm assuming that these are counterfeited as much as every other popular ISOM.

* There's little to no information or activity in your profile. It hasn't even been viewed as of this morning, and it's impossible to read all previous posts with the new forum format.

* "They are 100% authentic, I purchased them on business outside of the US and brought them with me." No offense...but this means nothing in regards to authenticity. ;)

I think that's it's noble to step up and be willing to grant another member a wish on the MAWPIF thread. The community that we have here is probably one of the finest I know of, and I have alot of respect for what I've learned (though I still don't know ISOM's) and the amount of knowledge that's available from everybody here. We watch out for each other, and want each member to have positive experiences with the cigars we acquire and enjoy. Unless another established member pops up and vouches for you, nobody here knows a thing about you. It's not a bad thing...we were all new at some time. If you had offered up an AF Don Carlos...I would have moved on without blinking an eyelash. But an AF Don Carlos is readily available to everybody...a Monte #2 not so much.

All of this being said...Thank You for granting my wish. My addy is in my profile. Go ahead and make a wish...you're up! :thumbs:

This is just my opinion. I see nothing in the Make-a-Wish PIF Thread rules that states that SmokerB cannot grant a wish. There is also nothing stated that you once you receive the Monte that you cannot have it checked out by a trusted FOG to see if it is real. The good thing about the Make-a-Wish PIF Thread is it is a way for a newb to become part of the community and to try to establish some type of a rep. I maybe wrong but I doubt that with his amount of time on this board that someone can step up and vouch for him.

I do agree that just because it is bought outside of the U.S. on business means nothing. Once you get the cigar if you decide to have it checked and it turns out to be a fake it can be handled. If fake I would contact SmokerB to let him know(this is also so he knows not to introduce anymore into the community). You can try to work out a arrangement with him. If that fails then it is time to bring it to out to make the community aware. In the long run even if it is a fake these things have a way to be taken care of by the community. ;)

Honestly If this is going to get so much attention whether its real or not, and I need to post pictures of boxes and all this I am just going to forget about the Wish. I was just trying to become part of the community and get involved this way... As stated previously, I dont have the box or box number. It was purchased from a legitamite store in an Airport so it being a counterfit is very slim. Anyways, I'll just wait for another wish to grant, something that cant be "fake"

Honestly If this is going to get so much attention whether its real or not, and I need to post pictures of boxes and all this I am just going to forget about the Wish. I was just trying to become part of the community and get involved this way... As stated previously, I dont have the box or box number. It was purchased from a legitamite store in an Airport so it being a counterfit is very slim. Anyways, I'll just wait for another wish to grant, something that cant be "fake"

Don't get offended this is by no means you're integrity being brought into question. It's customary that a guy with 3.5 weeks on the board granting a wish for a highly counterfeited smoke be asked questions of this nature. We do this for 2 reasons, first to protect the member it is being sent to. Secondly to protect the sender and community at large.

A newb to cigars may believe he is getting real sticks because he does not know what to look for. Those fake cigars then make their way through the community and are bought sold and traded. We all need to trust the sources of the sticks coming into the community.

No one is saying you are a bad guy trying to pass fakes. You are being generous by granting Walt's wish.

This is no different than if you went to sell a piece of sporting memorabilia. The buyer would want to verify authenticity. This is nothing more. Over time you will grow to appreciate that we do this as it protects us all from being taken or had by those that are unscrupulous.

Don't get offended this is by no means you're integrity being brought into question. It's customary that a guy with 3.5 weeks on the board granting a wish for a highly counterfeited smoke be asked questions of this nature. We do this for 2 reasons, first to protect the member it is being sent to. Secondly to protect the sender and community at large.

A newb to cigars may believe he is getting real sticks because he does not know what to look for. Those fake cigars then make their way through the community and are bought sold and traded. We all need to trust the sources of the sticks coming into the community.

No one is saying you are a bad guy trying to pass fakes. You are being generous by granting Walt's wish.

This is no different than if you went to sell a piece of sporting memorabilia. The buyer would want to verify authenticity. This is nothing more. Over time you will grow to appreciate that we do this as it protects us all from being taken or had by those that are unscrupulous.

Definitely can't say it better then this, the fact is that if you stick around CP long enough, methods like this will protect you one day as well.

Look ... What your trying to do is noble, but there is a lot of institutional history that can not be learned/read in 2-3 weeks. The whole "read more/post less" thing.

It's like being the new kid in school or the new guy on the job site; Just because you're here doesn't mean that everyone has to accept you right away. You need to pay your dues.

Also, if you can not understand why the cigar being "real or not" is such a big deal, then you shouldn't be offering it up as a gift. As for the not having the box or code, well that really doesn't help matters.

I am trying to temper my response, but I guess it boils down to "Don't participate if you don't full understand what you are getting into." The fact that you offer up a Monte #2 with no box info and a questionable story makes me think you DO NOT get it.

Actually, you said you bought a box.

I'm not going to hold up the thread here, but just want to explain my reasons for concern, just so that you'll understand.

First...I wouldn't know a real from a fake CC. I don't have much experience myself outside of what I've been gifted here, or what I've purchased myself from a widely trusted source. I really have no desire to try and validate what I'm about to smoke. I have experience with being taken on some rare OR's this past summer with others here.
But again...let me explain. Because it's nothing personal...it's just my perception.

*Less than 30 days on the board and offering up an ISOM in a MAWPIF. From your profile...it "appears" that this "may be" the only one you have experience with. Monte 2's are very popular and I'm assuming that these are counterfeited as much as every other popular ISOM.

* There's little to no information or activity in your profile. It hasn't even been viewed as of this morning, and it's impossible to read all previous posts with the new forum format.

* "They are 100% authentic, I purchased them on business outside of the US and brought them with me." No offense...but this means nothing in regards to authenticity. ;)

I think that's it's noble to step up and be willing to grant another member a wish on the MAWPIF thread. The community that we have here is probably one of the finest I know of, and I have alot of respect for what I've learned (though I still don't know ISOM's) and the amount of knowledge that's available from everybody here. We watch out for each other, and want each member to have positive experiences with the cigars we acquire and enjoy. Unless another established member pops up and vouches for you, nobody here knows a thing about you. It's not a bad thing...we were all new at some time. If you had offered up an AF Don Carlos...I would have moved on without blinking an eyelash. But an AF Don Carlos is readily available to everybody...a Monte #2 not so much.

All of this being said...Thank You for granting my wish. My addy is in my profile. Go ahead and make a wish...you're up! :thumbs:

Guys...As the wishee...unless anybody has a problem with it, I made "my" decision on this one yesterday morning, and suggest we keep the thread moving. SmokerB...This is your decision as to whether to make your wish(es), or retract your offer and let somebody else take a whack at my wishes.

If he doesn't step up and grant the wish I'll take care of you Walt!
You'll be expected to state your source, and provide the box code and a picture of the bottom of the box if you offer up any CC's... :laugh:

Sorry...couldn't help myself. :blush:

You'll be expected to state your source, and provide the box code and a picture of the bottom of the box if you offer up any CC's... :laugh:

In that case No CC's for you! :laugh:

Seriously though we need to move this forward and it seems like SmokerB is not going to step up so PM your addy Walt and I'll get something out.

In that case No CC's for you! :laugh:

Seriously though we need to move this forward and it seems like SmokerB is not going to step up so PM your addy Walt and I'll get something out.

So be it...You're up!

I'll get your package out tomorrow morning Walt.

For my wish let's try for
Cohiba Lancero
Partagas Serie deConnaisseur No.1
Fonseca Cosacos
Padron 44th
Fuente BTL
Davidoff Maduro R
Tat Black CG
Any Johnny-O with some age

Lets let this ride for a little.

Back