• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The crib is complete!

DaveWF

Official CP Entertainment
Reaction score
Oh my god - I can't believe this months long project is finally at an end.

Check out all the pictures at www.daveandcarrie.com/pictures

normal_100_0269.JPG

Dave :D

Very nice. Not sure where you live Dave, but here in AZ our local critters are scorpions...that being said it is recommended that you put each leg of the crib in a CLEAN glass jar as critters can't climb up glass :sneaky:

Just some FYI for ya!
Robert

Great job Bruddah Dave! Hmmmm... why is there an extra screw lying under the crib? ??? :0 ;)

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha! :D :p :thumbs:

Aloha,

Wade

Looks good Dave, a project like that would have my wife and I seeing a mediator. :D :p

stogieman said:
Very Nice Dave, now you can build the chest of drawers for all the clothes you need to buy.... :D :thumbs: :p
And don't forget the bassinette (do people still use those?). ;)

Great job Dave!!!!! :thumbs:

Thanks everyone!

We live in Illinois, so scorpions shouldn't be a problem here.
Check out my picture page to see the dresser that I just re-did the top for. It's not a chest of drawers, but it will do.
Yes, people still use bassinette's - my mom got us one for our shower.

I did notice that the gaits move pretty stiffly - probably either polyurethane in the rod holes, or the holes aren't perfectly lined up. In either case, I'll bore them out just a teeny bit and that should clear things up.

Thanks again.
Dave ;)

:thumbs: Great job, Dave!! Very impressive. How long have you been working with wood?

Dave,

Great job! I am sure Carrie is very proud of you. Don't forget to go down to the local hardware store and buy those nice felt pads for the bottom of the legs. We don't want to leave any scrathes in that nice new floor ;)

BenjieV :D

The pictures are great! You actually look like you know what your doing LMAO!

bryan_h said:
:thumbs: Great job, Dave!! Very impressive. How long have you been working with wood?
This was my first major project - believe it or not. :p

Dave ;)

It does not look like it will hold humidity very well. Are you going to line it with Spanish Cedar. :D

Everybody's a comedian. :D :sign: :D :sign: :D

Dave :p

LOL, I did not mean to thread jack.

It sure has been a long time since we had one of those in the house. I remember the days when they are a little older and they grab the bars and shake. We had to do a few repairs on ours. I would recomend that you keep some wood putty handy. :0

usmce5 said:
It does not look like it will hold humidity very well. Are you going to line it with Spanish Cedar. :D

He is going to line it with huggies... they REALLY hold Humidity well!!!!

I would say they hold about 99-100%!
Also, you only need to change them about once a week, as they say they are good for up to 14#! :D

Oh, nice work Dave, even though the picture looks to be over the size limit! :lookup: