• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Dark Knight

Going fishing for a few days, will go see it next weekend more than likely. Have heard some rave reviews from friends.

Saw it last night... absolutely fantastic movie. Probably my favorite "super hero" movie to date. This is a long movie... long in a good way. I was glad it didn't end.

Opie and Anthony said it right when they said Heath Ledger's joker makes Nicholson's Joker look like an SNL skit. Heath was truly amazing. Twisted as hell!

Just saw a midnight showing.. loved it! Ledger was amazing and deserves every bit of the praises he's getting. But I don't know about all this Nicholson bashing! Burton's Batman was a different take on Batman than these new movies are... these new ones are way darker and more badass! No Seal and Prince soundtracks thank god. I think Nicholson did an amazing job for that particular take on Batman and the Joker at the time.... just my 2 cents. Don't be too surprised if 18 years from now we're saying some newer portayal of the Joker blows away Ledger's. I just hope this series doesn't turn into what the one from the 90's did, after Burton stopped doing them they were pretty unwatchable.

But I love these movies so much more! Definitely a must see. I read that it broke the single day box office record with almost 68 mil and should make well over 155 mil for the weekend. A midnight showing on Sunday night had a theater about 1/4 full, and another showing at 1am. Unbelievable.

Went to the Dark Knight last night and I would have to hop on the wagon with those who loved this movie. Ledger does a great job as the Joker from the comic, which was alot darker in print then in the TV series(which is what I think Nickelson was going for in his version). This movie lasted close to 2.5 hours yet I didn't even notice the time until credits were rolling, which is saying alot if you knew my attention span. I never really cared for the older Batman movies(cept for Michelle Phiffer as Cat Woman) but these last two have been homeruns for me.

Batman Begins and now the Dark Knight have zeroed in on exactly the Batman I like from the comics. The dark, detective noir Batman. Heath Ledger's Joker steals the show, he was the Joker I love from a few Batman line of comics (particularly The Long Halloween, although his part is short). He's the Joker you can't understand, possibly deranged, possibly a genius, but definitely every bit the cold calculating devil pestering Batman.

Basically, he was the joker that was the opposite of that from The Killing Joke. I loved how his back story changes three times through the movie and that its only to further how uneasy watching him makes you.

Great movie for sure, I love What Christopher Nolan is doing with Batman.

Who saw it on IMAX?

Batman Begins and now the Dark Knight have zeroed in on exactly the Batman I like from the comics. The dark, detective noir Batman. Heath Ledger's Joker steals the show, he was the Joker I love from a few Batman line of comics (particularly The Long Halloween, although his part is short). He's the Joker you can't understand, possibly deranged, possibly a genius, but definitely every bit the cold calculating devil pestering Batman.

Basically, he was the joker that was the opposite of that from The Killing Joke. I loved how his back story changes three times through the movie and that its only to further how uneasy watching him makes you.

Great movie for sure, I love What Christopher Nolan is doing with Batman.

Who saw it on IMAX?

Sounds GREAT!

My sister in law saw it on IMAX and got motion sickness. She said the action was just a little too much for the format in her opinion. She doesn't get motion sickness easily (she's a rollercoaster freak), so I don't think it may be for everyone in that format.

It really was top notch, I wasn't let down at all after the hype. I also agree that Ledger's performance is really a variation on the Joker character, and Nicholson's version was just different.

I saw the movie on Friday morning and man did it live up to all the hype that it got. Ledger's joker was fantastic and I am sure he will be winning some awards for it.

I'll vouch for this movie's awesomeness. Echoing comments seen above, the movie is nearly 3 hours long, but you won't notice it.

Something of note that hasn't been mentioned, they replaced jowly/cheeky Katie Holmes (or Katie Cruise?) with an equally jowly/cheeky actress, whom I am not familiar with. Upgrade? No, IMO. I'm crying miscast on her!

Anyway, Heath did a great job, and I hear he is up for posthumous awards.

I'll vouch for this movie's awesomeness. Echoing comments seen above, the movie is nearly 3 hours long, but you won't notice it.

Something of note that hasn't been mentioned, they replaced jowly/cheeky Katie Holmes (or Katie Cruise?) with an equally jowly/cheeky actress, whom I am not familiar with. Upgrade? No, IMO. I'm crying miscast on her!

I believe that would be Maggie Gyllenhaal (sister of bubble boy, Jake Gyllenhaal)

I believe that would be Maggie Gyllenhaal (sister of bubble boy, Jake Gyllenhaal)

I sit informed! Thanks :laugh:

Jack Nicholson, eat your damn heart out...

There is a small little tribute to him, but yeah, I agree 125% with what Souldog said. I know they will make a third... but I can't see how they will top this movie. It's number 4 on IMDB.com!

I saw it again with the wife today at 1100, and BOY it was PACKED still, on a Monday morning?!?!? Top notch movie, imo.

But what was the Jack Nicholson tribute?? ???