• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Evil Dr. Moki's Group Blind Taste Test #1 (sign-up thread)

moki

el Presidente
The Evil Dr. Moki's Group Blind Taste Test #1 (sign-up thread)

I'm looking for a few good men

Please read this post in its entirety before responding

Background

I've conducted a number of blind taste tests (Link #1, Link #2, etc.), and have participated in a number of them as well (Link #3). I think they are both entertaining and educational for all involved.

I'd like to take it to the next level, and conduct a group blind taste testing. Each of the 10 participants will be sent 10 unbanded, cigars, and they will be asked to smoke these cigars in order, in a timely manner, and submit their reviews and ratings of the cigars as outlined in the "Review Standards" (see below).

Requirements

1. Payment -- This blind taste test will not be free. I have already picked out the cigars, and the entry fee will be $100. You will be getting your money's worth; some cigars may be worth less than $10 each, some may be worth more than $10 each.

2. Promptness -- Since we are organizing a group of 10 people, anyone who is holding up the review process will impact everyone. You will be required to smoke 1 cigar every 3 days; if you cannot meet this requirement, please do not apply.

3. Nepotism -- I will give preference to people I know and have dealt with before, as well as to people whom I think will be prompt and give good reviews of the cigars. Please do not take it personally if you are not chosen to participate.

4. Reviews -- This blind taste testing will not be about determining country of origin (though that will be an optional determination reviewers can make). Rather it will simply be about smoking the cigars, writing your review impressions, and rating the cigar according to the "Review Guidelines."

5. Procedure -- Reviews will be sent to me via PM, and I will format, collate, and summarize the reviews for each cigar, and then post them to the official thread. I want to do it this way to keep things organized.

The Rules

After the testing group has been chosen, I will post the complete rules and "Review Guidelines" in a separate post.

Applying

To apply for a spot in this blind taste testing, simply post "I'm interested!" in this thread. I will close the application process at midnight EST on Tuesday February 26th, 2008. I will then notify the 10 people who will be participating in the event via PM, and request their current mailing address.

My goal is to begin the blind taste test the first week in March, and it should take approximately 30 days to complete.

This should be fun! :)

I'm interested...would love to learn more under the great and evil Moki! :D I'll definitely understand if others come before me. Will still be fun/interesting to watch!

Greg

Edited to add "and evil"

These are always fun to follow along. Will the highest priced stick get the best review? Will a somewhat pedestrian cigar be the favorite? Will there be any busts? I can't wait to see the cigars included and read the reviews. Thanks for organizing this.

I'm interested! Just hope my skills are good enough!! :)

Don

Wanted to add that I will completely understand if you decide to go with more experienced members with more of a defined palate. Either way, I will be watching and learning closely!

Don

I am interested if you will have me (rigged)

I'm interested, and the timing is good (no travel). It should be noted that I don't have as much experience as most of the guys here, but the subject interests me to no end.

This ought to be good! Hoping that some seasoned reviewers choose to participate.

Thanks for your efforts Moki, this is some undertaking.

Ken

OHHHH MAN, I would like to get a spot in this.

Jay,

Thanks Moki. :thumbs:

Edit to add: "I'm interested!"

I am interested. And prepared to get my ass and my pride handed to me :laugh:

- Tim

Nepotism. Classic. With a baby sucking up random moments in time like a flash worm hole...I cannot guarantee a smoking window so I will just have to enjoy watching. I've thoroughly enjoyed the last 2.

Great idea Andrew!

As I mentioned in my PM reply, I only get back April 2 so my timing is out. :(

This is going to be interesting and one to watch.

Brian

Very nice! I'll be follwing this test with great interest. Good luck to the selected few. :thumbs: I hope you all do well! :)