• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Final Lesson Pass (AKA Pass with no name part 2)

I've been informed that this is on its way to the batcave! Too bad I'm going on vacation and this will sit outside for two weeks :laugh:

Well I have received the pass. My question is who among you used painters tape on the box? I have to let this pass rest, two weeks should do. Will post my takes, as to puts that may not happen as the local gas station is out of grape and peach White Owls. May have to upgrade and do Phillie Blunt flavors, which are a bit pricey :angry:

oooof.... Painters' tape on the outside of the box LOL???

Time to get another box. And, shouldn't we be getting another gimp by now???

:whistling:

[sub]Ok I took a look at this mess and all looks ok. I recharged the beads and took a quick inventory of it and it looks about right. Talk about a Spartan pass, no list and no address list to boot. I'll do my puts and takes tonight and put in the mail sometime on Saturday while driving down to SC. If not it will be on Tuesday since Monday is a holiday.[/sub]

[sub]Who gets this next Tom or Tim?[/sub]

OK here are my P/T.

Take 48. Fuente Queen Bee
Take 67. LGC Glorioso RE UK 09
Take 79. Partagas PSD4 08

Put 98. H. Upmann Conn. No. 1 LSM OCT 08
Put 99. Bolivar Belicoso Fino SLB OSU JUN 01
Put 100. Ramon Allones Eminencia RE SWISS TEB DIC 07

Thanks for having me in the pass Phil.

The lesson is the lesson!

DC# 03110240000036216412

Phil

I won't be available to play with this pass from Jan 25th, thru Feb 5th.

Pass arrived today. I'll check it out when I get home and get my p/t up. SeeGars, PM me your info, I'll send this to you next, as per our supreme leader.

ETA: Shockingly, everything seems to be normal, for the most part. Humidity seems to be ~100%, but it's dropping. Just a couple small things for bookkeeping purposes. These numbers were slightly off:
  • 93 Padron 85th anniversay Put: Kommie
  • 94 JL Obus Put: Kommie
  • 95 Punch Black Prince 1999 Put: Kommie
  • 96 ERDM Tainos. 1998. Put: Kommie

For your review:

T: 16. Hemi Classic Maduro
P: 101 Puff N Stuff SE Pepin Le Bijou (First Release)

T: 23. 04 Anejo 50
P: 102 05 VSG Tres Mystique

T: 36. 98 Punch corona
P: 103 00 Partagas de Partagas No. 1

This leaves my office in about 30 minutes:

9405 5036 9930 0379 7080 25

Now, for my lesson. (We're still doing that, right?) More of a recipe than a lesson. I was watching Bourdain's holiday special, and they stopped at a restaurant owned by an English woman to see what she was making. One of the appetizers she was making looked so amazing that I had to make some for New Year's Eve. They came out incredible, and were very simple.

Devils on Horseback

Pitted dates
Bacon - 1/3 to 1/2 strip per date
A pear (I used Seckel)
A cup of tea
Brandy
Toothpicks

Make the tea in a bowl, and once at the desired strength, add a shot of brandy. Soak the dates in the tea/brandy mix for 30 minutes. While they're soaking, core the pear and cut it into matchsticks. They're going to have to be small. One small pear was more than enough for the dozen or so dates I made. Cut the strips of bacon in half.

Once the dates are done soaking, take them from the tea. Place pear sticks inside the date and wrap in bacon. Slide the toothpick through the date to hold the bacon in place.

I broiled these for a couple minutes, turned them over, broiled a little more, then set the toaster oven to bake for probably another 5 mintues to finish up the bacon.

These were the ingredients used on the show. I looked it up, and like many old time recipes, there are tons of variations. You can soak the dates in just tea, or just brandy (although that may cause trouble in the broiler). Some of the other more popular stuffings I saw were cheese and mango chutney. The cheese is probably real interesting, and I may go with that, or a combo of the cheese and pear. Mango chutney, while it would probably be really good, just seems like a lot of work for something that's so small and doesn't hold a lot of stuffing to begin with. Making them like this was simple enough they can be done whenever. They'd probably be real good thrown on the top shelf of a BBQ, too, just to sit while you're grilling whatever else you're making.

Tom...

After reading the recipe, I can tell you'd make a good bitch :laugh:

But, seriously... woud you adopt me?

:love:

Okay

The pass should be in my furry big hands sometime today. I will get my puts n takes done and get 'er out tomorrow. It goes to Moki, right?

Tom...

After reading the recipe, I can tell you'd make a good bitch :laugh:

But, seriously... woud you adopt me?

:love:

Hahaha. I love to cook, and especially to try out new things. And if they're this simple, all the better. Comes in handy, too. I do a lot of cooking on Sundays when I get together with my friends for football. They cover food and alcohol costs, I just have to stand out on the deck, run the grill, and have a cigar.