• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The flu

cigarsarge

BOHICA
I got it. Down since Friday nite. Doc gave me Tamiflu. It is working as I am out of the bed cooking a bowl of soup at 0130. Negative on the rapid test for the other thing. Only a slight fever right now. Thank god for GatorAid and Tang my wife found in packets to put into water bottles. I kept hydrated and flushed all that crap out. Got healthy doses of Vitamin D,C, and zinc too. I may try a cigar or pipe tomorrow if I keep progressing.

Glad you are feeling a bit better and that you are negative for that other nasty bugger! Keep hydrating, rest up, and you'll be back to yourself soon.

Glad to hear you are doing better. Stay rested and hydrated.

Get better brother. Hate that for ya but glad you are doing better.

Glad to hear you're doing better. Load up on some bone broth. It's like chicken soup on steroids.

Do you happen to know which type of flu you got?
Also, did you get a flu shot this year?

I never took a flu shot until this year, after my rheumatologist insisted on it. With the other thing floating around, he was really worried for his patients considering we all have inflammation and/or autoimmune issues by default.

Keep getting better quickly. The cigars will still be there when you are ready

I got it last winter, right before a trip. Thankfully I didn't get really sick, my nurse wife said probably because I got vaccinated.

My daughter had it last year, pretty bad, while at school. Unfortunately the clinic there told her she didn't have it (they didn't test) and give her a flu shot on top of it, which didn't help things. We FaceTime quite often, and I could tell she wasn't well even though she was trying to tough it out. Had to drive there and pick her up, and bring her back to see a doctor here who tested her and she was positive for one of them. This was mid December I think? There was an unusual amount of mask wearing at that time in the docs office...and I bought a box of masks for to use for everyone who might have been around her. She got over it with the tamiflu and some breathing treatments at the end, and back to school she went...until I had to get her again when this other crap arrived.

I get my flu shot Wednesday.

My daughter had it last year, pretty bad, while at school. Unfortunately the clinic there told her she didn't have it (they didn't test) and give her a flu shot on top of it, which didn't help things. We FaceTime quite often, and I could tell she wasn't well even though she was trying to tough it out. Had to drive there and pick her up, and bring her back to see a doctor here who tested her and she was positive for one of them. This was mid December I think? There was an unusual amount of mask wearing at that time in the docs office...and I bought a box of masks for to use for everyone who might have been around her. She got over it with the tamiflu and some breathing treatments at the end, and back to school she went...until I had to get her again when this other crap arrived.

I get my flu shot Wednesday.

Same here -- my oldest (19 y/o, at the time) had it really bad around November/December, and it just wouldn't go away. She had a terrible dry cough, some soreness, and lethargy/exhaustion even when she was here visiting over New Year. Looking back, she's wondering if it may have been COVID, being in tourism at the time in Hawaii with all the trans-pacific tourists from Japan and China. She said she still doesn't feel 100% from before she got sick, but the major symptoms are all gone.

We are kinda wondering the same thing for her but for almost our whole family as well. Though she did test positive for the flu. But my step daughters newborn had rsv, both the parents were sick with something and then shortly thereafter (this was end of Jan early feb) iirc my wife and I both had something that we tossed up to some kind of sinus infection. But who knows? I know I had a fever one night that I toughed out and broke during the night, but it was really odd.

On top of that, right around this time, I had a coworker who had been over in China for awhile come back on orders from work because of COVID, and I think he quarantined for 5 days? I remember because we had a lunch meeting for about an hour where he was present where he talked about mild symptoms and a fever.

Now this is all so far in the past that I could be remembered dates incorrectly, but we had a whole slew of things happening. In the months prior to the shutdown, my fil passed and we were in/out of hospitals all the time. We were wearing masks though before they were in style lol!