• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The GAS Pass 2009

Not to go totally off topic... but sir Jeff... I shall be unexpectedly moving at the end of the month to Hilton Head SC... this may change where I go in the pass, how the pass travels... or if you even think I can still be worked in.
Heads up!
Chris
If it would help, I would be willing to do your puts and takes if you work them out ahead of time. Just get your proposed swap approved and send me the sticks the same time the pass is sent to me. I'm doing a handoff with Soulpuppy and Putz so I will probably have it a couple days longer then normal. I'll just add your sticks and take your takes and send them to you.

Geoff

If it would help, I would be willing to do your puts and takes if you work them out ahead of time. Just get your proposed swap approved and send me the sticks the same time the pass is sent to me. I'm doing a handoff with Soulpuppy and Putz so I will probably have it a couple days longer then normal. I'll just add your sticks and take your takes and send them to you.

Geoff

Appreciate the help, Geoff! However, I think I'm just going to put him right before KingAntz and Whopper. It will just modify the pass order very slightly. Instead of going after Greg, he'll go before. No biggy!

BTW, I crossed off #13 in the Last Man Standing. :whistling:

Doc Wylie, you are the weakest link! Goodbye.

It may be at my house, but I am at work and am not able to determine if it is there yet. When I get home if it is there I will post.

Jim

Pass has touched down guys. I will go through this bad boy and get the results up. Mark will also need to post his P's and T's shortly.

Jim

I have gone through the pass and all looks well. I will however make one more pass through it just to make sure I did not miss anything. I am awaiting Markmarksman and his P's and T's. We have had a brief discussion, but he is in the midst of his rotating shift, but I am assuming we will get together tonight. To answer Jake's comment I thought I would just blend the two passes and make one ???. Just kidding. Here is my proposed P's and T's again as I am not sure Jeff ever gave the final go ahead-

Takes

22) Padrón Reserva de la Familia No. 44
63) Partagas Série D No. 4 '06

Puts

68) Opus X Love Story
69) Partagas Seleccion Privada No 1 OSU Feb 2002
70) Taboada Robusto Largo 2005

Jim

Here is my proposed P's and T's again as I am not sure Jeff ever gave the final go ahead-

Puts

68) Opus X Love Story

Jim

After much consideration in this thread and privately with many highly tenured members, it is my opinion (as well as the overwhelming outside opinion) that these trades are good. What I mainly considered is the fact that the Padron is frequently given out for free - as in it costs $0. Granted, they are pretty damn rare, and I've only heard of them being sold once - at a B&M that I know has inflated prices on most of their stock. On the other hand, the Love Story has a distinct dollar value and is also pretty rare. It's a difficult decision, and I know not all agree, but I believe my reasoning is sound.

Whether each of these cigars will ever be released in the future is pure speculation and rumor (unless you're moki and "know people" ;)). Thus, it's hard to know what each cigar will be "worth" in 3 years. Who knows? Fuente may release them regularly (doubtful) and Padron may sell several boxes of their Family Reserve.

I know I can tell you have smoked 3 of the PFR and I must say it's a great cigar. Preconceptions aside, it's pretty tasty. Reminds me a lot of the 26/80th blend in the 40th vitola. I have never smoked a Love Story - so I can't comment.

Anyway, my belief is that Jim is leaving the pass in better shape than it arrived to him, even if a minority group believes the PFR for Opus Love Story is somewhat short.

Jim, please tell Mark to get his trades up ASAP so we can get the pass on the road on Monday.

Here is my proposed P's and T's again as I am not sure Jeff ever gave the final go ahead-

Puts

68) Opus X Love Story

Jim

After much consideration in this thread and privately with many highly tenured members, it is my opinion (as well as the overwhelming outside opinion) that these trades are good. What I mainly considered is the fact that the Padron is frequently given out for free - as in it costs $0. Granted, they are pretty damn rare, and I've only heard of them being sold once - at a B&M that I know has inflated prices on most of their stock. On the other hand, the Love Story has a distinct dollar value and is also pretty rare. It's a difficult decision, and I know not all agree, but I believe my reasoning is sound.

Whether each of these cigars will ever be released in the future is pure speculation and rumor (unless you're moki and "know people" ;)). Thus, it's hard to know what each cigar will be "worth" in 3 years. Who knows? Fuente may release them regularly (doubtful) and Padron may sell several boxes of their Family Reserve.

I know I can tell you have smoked 3 of the PFR and I must say it's a great cigar. Preconceptions aside, it's pretty tasty. Reminds me a lot of the 26/80th blend in the 40th vitola. I have never smoked a Love Story - so I can't comment.

Anyway, my belief is that Jim is leaving the pass in better shape than it arrived to him, even if a minority group believes the PFR for Opus Love Story is somewhat short.

Jim, please tell Mark to get his trades up ASAP so we can get the pass on the road on Monday.
Good analysis Jeff. I'm with you. Besides, now I have a chance at a Love Story. LOL

Jeff,

I have been in contact with Mark via text message and his intention is to get this wrapped up tonight, so it will definately be in the mail monday :).

Jim

One more apology for being a little behind on getting these posted up.

T#5 AF Opus X Reserva d'Chateau/P-Illusione eccj
T#10 Casa Fuente Pyramid #2/P-Padilla Obsidian 2006 Belicoso from 06' Humidor
T#16 FFOX Forbidden X Toro 2004/P-Opus X #2 from 02"
P-Siglo VI from 07' ISOM

Those p/t seem collectively off to me. The Opus RdC is around $4 more a stick than the ECCJ iirc although the ECCJ is certainly harder to find that is a pretty big jump of rarity accounting for price. I admit I don't know what the humidor release of the Padilla is so I could be wrong, but it seems they cost around $5 a stick at CI vs. $26 a stick for the CF. The Forbidden X I assume came from one of the four packs, making it worth between 25-35 depending how lucky you are, vs $14 for the #2. I don't think the 2 years of age different can make up that much value. YMMV

Those p/t seem collectively off to me. The Opus RdC is around $4 more a stick than the ECCJ iirc although the ECCJ is certainly harder to find that is a pretty big jump of rarity accounting for price. I admit I don't know what the humidor release of the Padilla is so I could be wrong, but it seems they cost around $5 a stick at CI vs. $26 a stick for the CF. The Forbidden X I assume came from one of the four packs, making it worth between 25-35 depending how lucky you are, vs $14 for the #2. I don't think the 2 years of age different can make up that much value. YMMV
x2...I think all three are way off.

P-Siglo VI from 07' ISOM

That is why I wanted him to post them, so he could research these bad boys :thumbs:. Live and learn, that is what I did.

Jim

P-Siglo VI from 07' ISOM

First trade: First and foremoest, allow me to say that the exclusive vendor of the ECCJ is a bastard, is banned from CigarPass, and I refuse to do business with him/them. As I understand it, the ECCJ was exclusive and "only 300 boxes" exist at $8 a stick. I use "only 300 boxes" because, oddly enough, NHC was sold out for a while and they magically reappeared as "in stock". I would never trust the legitimacy of this claim from the vendor - I'd have to hear it from Dion himself. Also, the RdC is $4 more than the ECCJ.

That being said, this trade is no good as it currently stands.

Second trade: The Casa Fuente Pyramid was graciously purchased for me by moki in Vegas either at the very end of 08 or very beginning of 09 (I can't recall). They were exactly $26 a piece. From all the research I have done using Google, the Padilla Obsidian (even when originally released) was $100 for a box of 20, making it $5 a piece. I don't recall these ever being released in a humidor.

They can be obtained for under $5 a piece here and for $2 a piece here.

Third trade: The Forbidden X cigar is one of these from the Fuente Aged Selection referenced here. Meaning each Forbidden X toro runs about $37.50, give or take. Current MSRP for a fresh Opus Perfecxion #2 runs $14.00 a piece. If you wanted to be very technical, I think the MSRP was between $11-$12 in 2002. Actual date of rolling causes age to play a factor (5 years vs. 7 years) but is not a big enough difference to create a reasonable amount of dollar value.

Edit: Verbiage, link formatting, typos.

Jeff,

I am trying to find it, but I am sure that Dion did address this and stated the first half of the 300 was released and then the most recent batch was the second half. I am trying to find. I know it is kind of off topic, but I am trying to find it.

Jim

Here is the link from CF and he talks about New Havana having these again-

Dion Talking About the ECCJ Second Batch

Jim

So mark wanted me to extend an apology for having his head up his ass. Here are his reworked puts and takes-

Takes-

#5) Opus X RdC
#16) FFOX Forbidden X Toro 2004
#59) Casa Magna Colorado Robusto

Puts-

#68) Opus X Perfecxion #2 2002 [for RdC]
#69) Opus X Robusto in the coffin from 2004 Opus 22 set [for FFOX Forbidden X Toro 2004]
#70) La Raqueza #3 [for the Casa Magna Colorado Robusto]
#71) Cohiba Siglo VI

Mark awaits your feedback :).

Jim