• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The GAS Pass 2009

Update:

Pass still hasn't arrived. If it's big, which it sounds like it is, I won't be able to pick it up from the PO until Monday since our PO is closed on Sat. and there will be no one at the counter to get it for me, as I work open - close on Friday and usually by the time I get to the PO Fri. mornings, the mail still hasn't been delivered for that day.

Nick, when did you drop it off?

Also, Step's cigars arrived safe and sound, so those 2 that were considered "damaged" can be thrown back in the lineup. I'll try and get a new box and have this on it's way to Robbie by Tuesday.

Update:

Pass still hasn't arrived. If it's big, which it sounds like it is, I won't be able to pick it up from the PO until Monday since our PO is closed on Sat. and there will be no one at the counter to get it for me, as I work open - close on Friday and usually by the time I get to the PO Fri. mornings, the mail still hasn't been delivered for that day.

Also, Step's cigars arrived safe and sound, so those 2 that were considered "damaged" can be thrown back in the lineup. I'll try and get a new box and have this on it's way to Robbie by Tuesday.

Yesterday around 12:00 noon. Why can't you pick it up tomorrow? It should be there by then.

Update:

Yesterday around 12:00 noon. Why can't you pick it up tomorrow? It should be there by then.

I'm at work from 10:30am until 11pm and the mail is usually not delivered by 10:15 when I'm able to go by the PO.

Jake did you pick up the pass yet?

But of course! There's a hole in the side of the box where it looks like a usps employee must have put his foot through it....and yes, this thing is fuggin huge! I'm going to take an extra day to repack it in a smaller box. I just got back with it, so I'll do an inspection of the sticks, swap out my P/T's, and get this thing back on the road as soon as I go get a smaller box and repackage it.

Alright, after further inspection only one cigar was damaged...

84) Cohiba Siglo IV Jan. '08

This cigar had about an inch long crack coming up from the foot to the body of the cigar. However, Jeff, you've had too much of a headache from cigars getting damaged in the pass. I am going to replace this Siglo IV with one of mine from April of 2007. The new one should read:

84) Cohiba Siglo IV (ROA ABR '07)

Other than that everything is good. I will look for a new box and condense packaging tomorrow. Jeff, did you say you were sending replacement sticks my way? Should I wait on them? Also, Jim's replacements arrived in good shape. Since the Taboada was one of my P/T's, the only one that needs to be thrown back in the lineup is the Partagas Seleccion Privada No. 1 OSU Feb '02, it will remain #69.

Jake, since Jim PM'ed me saying he was sending replacement sticks, I opted not to send additional cigars.

Also, as a final word on your trades, I asked about a half of a dozen well-respected members.

70) Rodolfo Taboada Campa custom rolled Robusto Largo '05 /// Edmundo Dantes Conde 109 (First Release)

1) Good. Both run about $40, both pretty rare.

72) AF Opus X Chili Pepper, Opus22 Coffin '08 /// BBMF

2) Good. Any additional info on the BBMF? Source? Year?

93) Tatuaje Black Corona Gorda /// Illusione ~1~

3) Short on rarity. Dollar for dollar is good, but the Tat blacks carry a rarity factor that isn't matches by the Illusione.

Other than that, I appreciate everyones dilligence with packaging, cigar damage, and whatnot.

I'm been prohibitively busy the past couple weeks. Life's pretty rough for me at the time being. I'm looking on here as much as possible. Thanks to Jake & everyone else.

Also, I Need to know what number Niko crossed off. I also need yours, Jake. TIA.

Holy $hit, look, it's Jeff! :D

Jeff, understood about the Tat Black. The only reason I felt the trade was acceptable is that the Dark Prince isn't that easy to find, even amongst illusione retailers, but unlike the black, it's still made.

The BBMF is a single banded one from 06 that I received in a trade about a year ago. After class I'll do box shopping, and tell you what number I crossed off, then I'll have this on it's way to Robbie tomorrow.

I straightened up the cigar list...it looked like absolute crap, and there were a couple members that didn't even touch it with their p/t's, so I had to dig back and find them and update the list. All should be well now.

I got a new box that's like....half the size of the old one that works perfectly. The pass is all packed up and ready to go to Robbie.

I also crossed off #36.

Here are some adjusted put takes. Let me know what you guys think.

35) Bolivar Gold Medal '07--- (Put: jlada) --- (Take: MP)
102) H. Upmann Sir Winston 03'---(Put: MP)
47) Ramon Allones Eminencia Seleccion Suiza '05 --- (Put: jlada) --- (Take: MP)
103) Ramon Allones Belicoso Edicion Regionales UK 05'---(Put: MP)
71) AF Opus X Perfecxion #2 '02 --- (Put: markmarksman) --- (Take: MP)
104) FFOX Scorpio 05'---(Put: MP)
85) Romeo y Julieta Hermoso No. 2 Edicion Limitada 2004 --- (Put:
jlada) --- (Take: MP)
105) Cohiba Sublime Edicion Limitada 2004 ---(Put: MP)
94) AF Añejo 77 "Shark" '05 --- (Put: souldog24ca) --- (Take: MP)
106) FFOX Perfection X 06'---(Put: MP)
98) Bolivar Simones Edicion Regionales Canada '07 --- (Put:
rectifythis) --- (Take: MP)
107) Bolivar Double Corona Edicion Regionales Middle East 07'---(Put:MP)

Damn! Them's some nice P/T's there Bro!

Damn addicts are obseccive in everything they do :laugh:

Brian

Damn addicts are obsessive in everything they do :laugh:

Brian

??? Who me obsess? Never!

Oh damn I still have that denial in me too huh? :laugh:

I hate this zoning thing. I took the box down from a 22x22x18 to a 14x14x14 and STILL had to pay $30 to ship it. Insane...

Anyways, it's on it's way to Robbie....

DC#0307 3330 0001 6984 9006

Main post updated to reflect all Puts/Takes and cigars currently available. I don't know who's out of the LMS contest yet, I have to go home and check my sheet of passers.

Also, AVB has decided to drop out of the pass. I have crossed off his name from the pass list in the main post. I will PM the passer before him and kindly ask that he does not ship it to Ray. If someone picks his number for the LMS contest, I will ask him to pick another. In the rare case Ray ends up being the LMS, I keep the cigars and you can all kiss it.... that or I will have an outside party pick a number for a winner.

Robbie, I currently don't have time to micro-analyze all of your Puts/Takes but at first glance they're obviously good. I will post more about them later today.

Sorry I've been so out of touch over the last couple passers - I've been working about 55+ hours a week and have a million things going on. Rough time for me at the moment, unfortunately.

Big thanks to Jake for getting that box shrunk down. Big F$%K you to the PO for their absurd shipping costs. Also another thanks to Jake for the Cohiba.