• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Generosity Exchange

Nestsdad said:
Just wanted to let you know that I got the copy of the pass paperwork in the mail today.
Well, it's good to see something arrived! Any news on the box?

I e-mailed Tech your address before mailing the paperwork. I hope everything's all right.

Tech? Is the box in motion? Got a DC#?

I figured I would post my story while I was waiting for the box pass. Being fairly new to cigar smoking, I joined a few forums when I first started and it was not long before I started trading with others so I could try new cigars. One day I went to my mailbox and found that someone had sent me a CAO anniversary (maddy) and an Ashton VSG illusion.

Now I had the CAO before on many occasions, but had never had the VSG. After re-humidifying the cigars, I decided to try the VSG (had been dying to try it). I picked an evening when things were somewhat quiet around the house. With 5 kids, a lizard, dog (Sheppard/Rotweiller mix), turtle, birds, and wife – it is very seldom quiet in my house.

I poured myself a cup of coffee, took the dog outside with me, and then cut the VSG. I cannot tell you how excited I was to light it up. I had read so many stories about the VSG and had wanted to try one for so long. After I had taken two long drags on the cigar, I knew I was in heaven. This was absolutely one of the best smokes I had ever had. That’s when it happened.

The dog jumps the fence to chase the cat next door. I had to sit the cigar down to run after the dog. She ran everywhere around the neighborhood. If I had chalk on my feet chasing her, I would have created a map that would have looked like one of the Family circus cartoons (when Billy or one of the other kids had to run an errand for mom). The farther the cat ran, the harder the dog ran – till she finally treed the cat and I was able to catch up. Whew!

I brought the dog back home and had her sit and “stay” by me. I sat back down and reached for my VSG. It was okay. I took a drag and it was still burning. I leaned back in my chair, propped my foot up on the table and took a long drag from the cigar. Mmmmm. That’s when it happened.

My 13 year old came out to inform me that the telephone was for me. He tried to take a message, but they needed to speak with me. Because of all the kids, I do not smoke inside the house. I put the cigar back in the ashtray and went in for the phone. It was my boss. I don’t want to bore you with needless “shop talk”, I will only say that it was just that – needless. I said goodbye to my boss, put the phone back on the cradle, and said hello to my wife and asked if she needed any help with anything. She thank me, said she was fine, and told me to go enjoy my cigar.

I don’t know if you have kids, but they never need you when you have idle time. However, you always see them when you are trying to have some time to yourself. Of course in the 15 steps from the kitchen to the backdoor, I am approached by each of the children and they all threw their requests at me.

“Dad, can I go to Mark’s tomorrow?”

“Look at my new high score, Dad!”

“Daddy, please draw me the green monster” (those of you that have seen Monsters Inc, know who he is)

“Dad, Shaun called me a booger eater.”

Even the baby came crawling up and started the slow climb up my leg (she is just learning to stand).

Between the phone call, the wife, and the kids – by now 25 minutes have passed.

I finish all my duties and obligations and carefully sneak back out to the backyard to finish my cigar. I slowly approach the smoking chair and sit down. I look up to see that the dog was now on the table. Running from the dog’s mouth is a flood of drool. The drool is running…..yep you guessed it – right onto my barely smoked VSG.

Needless to say, I was not too happy. I mean, it wasn’t enough to get upset about – and by now, I am used to these types of things occurring. But what a disappointment. I have since gotten the opportunity to try more VSGs – and have loved each and every one that I have had.

So there is my story and I am sticking to it.

Great Story "O' Father of 5"!! :p

One question, have you figured out yet what caused the 5 children? :0 :sneaky: :lookup:

PuroBrat said:
One question, have you figured out yet what caused the 5 children? :0 :sneaky: :lookup:

Good question.

After much thought and consideration, I think it was because I wasnt smoking cigars all those years. Now that I am a cigar smoker - problem solved
;)

LOL! Great story, Nests... When I first started smoking regularly, I was very careful to teach my two pups "not for dogs!" They seem to have gotten the idea, although they're still awfully curious about what it is I'm doing...

Let's hope that, soon, we'll get to hear the story about the box of cigars that arrived in New Hampshire, eh?

:lookup:

Nestsdad said:
is it on the way, or do we know for sure?
You know as much as I do.

Last I heard from Tech was his post on 10/20 when I said his kid hid the paperwork. I e-mailed him your (Nestsdad) address that evening, and mailed the paperwork to you, the next day.

I have not had any e-mail from Tech since then.

Calling the # supplied by directory assistance for him gives "cannot be completed as dialed". Same number, via operator assistance gives "all circuits busy."

I certainly wouldn't mind an update -- preferably a DC#, but really, just "I'm sorry, I got busy, I swear it'll go out on Monday" would be better than silence.

TECHMASTER! Send me an e-mail. Send me a PM. Send me a working phone number. Post here. Please let us know what's going on, here.

Thanks.

(Let's wait until Monday afternoon, then decide if we need to take additional action. My apologies for any inconvenience.)

sorry everyone about all of this. I have been so busy and have not had a chance to get this pass out but I did send it and the DC# 03021790000052776425
was all mailed out on the 25Th??? wait a second I could have sworn that it was the day before. anyways sorry about all of that and I will make sure to update my profile! Please forgive me for the long delay. I will have a post of the takes and puts as soon as I get another free minute to get back online and add a post!!

sorry again! ??? ??? ???

Thanks for the update.

Hope things start to come together for you.

I just got off the phone with my wife and she reports that there is a Package for me at home that arrived this afternoon. I think it is this box pass. WOOHOO. I cant wait till I get home to find out - I will confirm tonight :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :D

WooHoo. I got the pass. It arrived in good condition.

Takes:

Monte Cristo Petite
Speakeasy Gangsters
Primo del Rey La Romana

Puts:

Hoja Yellowband Churchill
Double Happiness Churchill
Montesino Robusto
CAO Anni Torp
Hecho Amano Flor Del Todo Churchill
CAO Brazilia Gol
Ashton VSG Corona Gorda

I will be tied up tomorrow, so I will try to get the pass back on the road on Wednesday. I will confirm with the delivery conf number once it is on its way

Thanks for letting me play. Tone, are you readY?

ok I am going to say this one more time. I am sorry! I relize that I held the pass up way longer then I should have and i should have emailed u misc, and for that I am sorry. but I do not see the person before me holding up the pass getting kicked all around. he had the box almost as long and again even though I said it was the last time before. I am sorry and will have to remiember to get online everyday and make sure if in the future that I post something everyday. I have been beyond busy trying to get a job. I realize that that is really no excuss but for christ sakes if I am getting all of this heat for 2 people.....well so be it!!!! Again I would like to say sorry to all of the people involved in the pass.

Techmaster, Speaking for myself, I dont feel that it is necessary for you to appologize. I was never in a hurry to get the pass. I realize that life can be busy at times. If I gave you the impression that I was upset or anything, then it is I that am sorry. ???

Package got here in good condition and will be going out probably tomorrow.

WHOOHOOOOO! I'm ready, pee pee dance has offically begun.

TM, as an unemployed guy to another, good luck on the job search, I don't know about you, but it's pretty lousy pickins here in NY.

What was the point of this pass again? Oh yeah, making up stories on cigars... Ahhhh, I think I've got just the stogie to put in there... Interesting story behind it too :)

That'll come later when I can find the dagum thing. I think it's buried underneath all the others.... Looks like a Lars or something :p

hehehe

[quote name='Smokin'Tone' date='Oct 29 2002, 11:18 AM']What was the point of this pass again? Oh yeah, making up stories on cigars...[/quote]
In case you're serious, the "Liar's pass" is an idea for the future. *THIS* pass is for posting stories of how amazingly generous cigar smokers have been to you.

If you're just giving me crap because I always pretend I can't remember what YOUR complicated passes are about, well, then :p :p :p :p

:lookup:

Post-on!

FYI - it will be tomorrow before this gets on the road. I will post traking info as soon as it is obtained.

Thanks for being patient :)

Back