• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Generosity Exchange

Hey Misc! I like your idea of the "Tall Tales Pass" if and when you decide to get his one going be sure and get in touch with me!! As most of y'all know, I'm full of **** all the time!!! :D :sign: :p

Big Worm said:
Hey Misc! I like your idea of the "Tall Tales Pass" if and when you decide to get his one going be sure and get in touch with me!! As most of y'all know, I'm full of **** all the time!!! :D :sign: :p
Yeah, I kind-a figured most cigar smokers were BSers at heart, so that might be a fun pass. I'm running one, now, and in another, so this one will have to wait a bit. Perhaps by next month.

Btw, I notice there are no new open passes. That's a shame -- someone should do something about that :p

Misc <-- doesn't like not being in any passes :angry:

All right all you newbies, listen up!

(Hey, I've been here since May, SOMEONE must be a newbie, compared to me... :D)

Cigar generosity story:

Got home, today, and there was a USPS box with a DC # on it. Return address from someone I've never heard of.

Open it up, there's some bubble wrap and ANOTHER USPS box inside.

Open the 2nd box, it's got styro peanuts, some bubble, and 3 cigars.

* Ashton Cabinet VSG
* La Aurora Platinum 1903 (in an AWSEOME tube!)
* Partagas Habana (ISOM)

These are all very high-end cigars.

I check the return address: Devin Cole. Who the hell is he?!

I check google, to see if some ASCer is sending me thank you for one of my many witty and charming posts (hey, it COULD happen!) No Devin.

I check the passes I'm in. No Devin.

I check my old passes, to see if this is a thank you host-gift. No Devin.

Who the hell *IS* this guy?!

Ok, I figure out he's a CPer, and I find him on the members list, he's an OLD CPer (Jan '01, a gazillion posts), so I start scanning forums for his name.

Here's THE REST OF THE STORY:

-- Check out forum Cigar Discussion
-- Look for a thread started by Devin titled "0000 0000 0000 0000"
-- Read it and weep (with joy.)

*THAT* is why I started this pass in the first place. People like Devin are great, and they are more common in the cigar smoking community than any other group I've ever seen, been in or heard of. Strive to join the ranks of the Devin Coles of the world.

Thanks, Devin!

I heard that Devin used to send out severed body parts before he found cigars.

:sign:

HEY, WHATS UP??? DID THIS PASS DIE??? I have not read any new gift storys???

Hmmm, Matalo was supposed to have sent it out last weekend to TechMaster-1 -- haven't heard from either of them in a while.

I sent e-mail to Matalo, will call him in the morning.

Do any of you happen to live near Venus TX?

I just got off the phone with Matalo, and he gave me this information:

Delivery Status

You entered 0300 1290 0004 4719 0222

Your item was accepted at 11:03 am on October 11, 2002 in VENUS, TX 76084. Status is updated every evening. Please check again later.

So, I'd think that box should be showing up at Techmaster's on Tuesday (Monday is a postal holiday.)

Tech -- you're there & ready, right? Keep your eyes on this number.

Now that looks like a good deal, the USPS has control of it now, wooo hoooo.....did I just say that? :lookup: :sneaky:

TECH! WAKE UP!!!

We attempted to deliver your item at 1:54 pm on October 15, 2002 in GRAND RAPIDS, MI 49508 and a notice was left. It can be redelivered or picked up at the post office. If the item is unclaimed, it will be returned to the sender. Status is updated every evening. Please check again later.

Hey, go get that box and let us all know how it looks.

(Not that I'm nervous, or anything... :lookup: )

Thanks!

If it ends up coming back to me do I forward it to the next person or what?

I got it I got it! I do not know why it says that but I got it. I cracked it open real qucik to see if everything was ok but have not really had a chance to go through it. I will go through it later today and try and send it out tomorrow! :D

matalo said:
If it ends up coming back to me do I forward it to the next person or what?
I think that's just boilerplate text that they put on the slip. Looks like it's not a problem, though -- TM1 says he got it :)

Thanks for playing!

Another cigar generosity story from your host (since the rest of you are slacking on the stories! ;))

First, I want to assure you all that I am neither stunningly good looking, nor terribly charming and charismatic. No, really -- ask anyone :p (The picture is my father (~45 yrs ago) and, while there's some family resemblance, I'm not quite the lady-killer he was...) However, for some reason, people keep sending me cigars.

Here's my theory: It's not possible to give away all your cigars. No matter how hard you try, what goes around, comes around, and the more you give away, the more people keep sending you cigars.

Case in point: The first cigars I ever got as a gift were from Mickey; he sent me a bunch of "these are too strong for my tastes", along with a few "try these, you'll like them" cigars. So, last week, I find myself in need of humidor space (onaccounnahow people keep sending me @#$% cigars! :) ), and I notice that I've got one entire humidor dedicated to my really mild smokes that, while they're "ok" in my book, they're too mild for my tastes and I found that I was never really reaching to grab one after the first couple I smoked. So I think to myself "hey, Mickey likes milder cigars, and sent me a bunch because they were 'too strong' for him -- I can send him these, and say they're 'too mild' for me! That way, I can clean out this humidor and have some room!

Seemed like good plan, right? So, I send Mickey... I don't know, 15 cigars or so, making a hefty dent in this 'dor, and plenty of room for me to restructure my storage into a more sensible arrangement.

Then, today, I get a box in the mail from a guy who I honestly thought didn't like me much (we bicker a bit on ASC ;)) -- 20+ of a cigar that I *REALLY* like, plus a handful of extra "try these" cigars. Seems they weren't to his liking, and he knew that I enjoyed them.

<sigh> I know: bitch, bitch, bitch -- but now I gotta figure out what to DO with all these crazy cigars! Oh, I'm sure I'll think of something, but some days I wish I was in a hobby with stingier cohorts :p

Not really -- the fact that everyone in this hobby is so damned generous is really great. I just love the fact that pretty much everyone you meet will say "here, have a cigar! Wait, have TWO!!!" and, after I've been doing this for only a few months, I now have the stock on hand that I can do the same to others. It's a great feeling.

So, thanks to everyone who's passed a cigar or many my way -- The Big Wheel keeps on turning, and I'm doing my best to send cigars toward others, as well.

Maybe if I get enough karma points, someone will send me a humidor :p

(Don't even THINK about it! That was a joke, and I'd die of embarrassment if anyone actually did it. I'll take your empty wooden cigar boxes, though -- they work good as temporary humis :))

So, anyone heard from Tech, lately?

I see he posted to another forum on 10/17 ~3pm... I sent him mail later that night, no response. Anyone else in the Kentwood Michigan area?

Maybe he's working on a really good story to post :)

(Hope it's nothing more serious than that. Let us know that you're ok, TechMaster1)

ok well here is the scoop. I had everything all picked out and all and left the paper with the names and such sitting on my end table and my son has proceeded to hide it and I have been searching all over. My mother had him durinbg the day and brought him over before i could pick up things and that happen to be one of the many important papers that was lying around and he has hid them somewhere so Misc, can you please send me the list of who it goes to next. I will be able to get on the site a little more tomorrow but have a lot to do tomorrow.

sorry about letting everyone down!!!! ??? ??? :( :(

Techmaster-1 said:
ok well here is the scoop. I had everything all picked out and all and left the paper with the names and such sitting on my end table and my son has proceeded to hide it and I have been searching all over.
LOL! Well, it could've been worse...

Hey, the "tall tales" pass isn't until next time -- for this time, you're supposed to dazzle us with a story about how amazingly generous cigar smokers have been to you.

Just teasing. Ok, e-mail sent.

Nestsdad in NH is next. Nestsdad, are you out there?!

I'll print out a copy of the pass paperwork and mail it to Nestsdad, too.

Nestsdad said:
I am ready :thumbs: :thumbs:
Copy of pass paperwork mailed today (Monday.)

Hopefully, the box will be on its way soon. Let us know when you have a DC#, Tech.

(And don't let your son eat the DC receipt! :D)

Just wanted to let you know that I got the copy of the pass paperwork in the mail today.